Forbidden Druid

PB Forum :: Other
Forbidden Druid
Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 10:42 Quote
Very helpful! Thanks for the input. We do not get much for demo days out my way other than the big brands like SC/Trek/etc. so it can be tough to test a lot of bikes. Great to hear other people's real world thoughts.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 11:06 Quote
I just got back from a trip to Cumberland where I was hooked up with a Druid to ride from the wonderful people at Forbidden. Shout out to Stephane!

For refference I had a Pivot Mach 6 and Specialized Enduro Pro coil last seaon, and have a Chromag Ti Surface and Pivot Switchblade this year. All these bikes have been pretty solid. The forbidden is a awesome bike that holds up against the best of them. I think the forbidden was a awesome bike to ride in every scenario. My only issue with is was its slightly heavy given the weight of bikes in the same class. That being said, they hype is real with how they ride. Super nimble, and can punch above their weight class. It would be up in my top 2 bikes to buy in the mid travel range.

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 12:28 Quote
Just got some AMS guard to go extra ontop of my
clear bike wrap. Not sure if I like it but meh, I’ll use it for a while lol.

photo

photo

Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 7:04 Quote
lance-h wrote:
I just got back from a trip to Cumberland where I was hooked up with a Druid to ride from the wonderful people at Forbidden. Shout out to Stephane!

For refference I had a Pivot Mach 6 and Specialized Enduro Pro coil last seaon, and have a Chromag Ti Surface and Pivot Switchblade this year. All these bikes have been pretty solid. The forbidden is a awesome bike that holds up against the best of them. I think the forbidden was a awesome bike to ride in every scenario. My only issue with is was its slightly heavy given the weight of bikes in the same class. That being said, they hype is real with how they ride. Super nimble, and can punch above their weight class. It would be up in my top 2 bikes to buy in the mid travel range.

Seems like all bikes are trending heavy these days. Can't remember the last bike I looked at under 30 lbs. Thanks for your input!

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 11:51 Quote
Brakes are on order, sadly everything else is out of stock.....

Druid

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 14:26 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:

Druid

SICK!!! Shoot me a PM and I can see if the bike shop can get you anything!!

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 14:28 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:

Druid

What about used parts?

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 15:26 Quote
Thanks whattheheel - USD to CAD sucks - but will remember for the future.

Magura MT8 Pros arrived, and installed (internal cable routing sucks monkey dick), was able to source an XT 10-51 cassette, cranks are on the way, rest of the drivetrain was ordered at the lbs (though not sure on eta).

Rosemarywheel, I’m fragile and don’t ride when it’s cold. Can wait until next season.

Chainring, saddle and pedals are here waiting for everything else.

Still trying to figure out dropper.

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 15:27 Quote
Message Clapforcanadaa and make him hook it up on that new oilslick SDG post!! Tell him I said he has too!!!

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 15:28 Quote
Don’t I need to get a weight correct first? Thinking 9point8 anyways.

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 15:32 Quote
Yes you do! What length?

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 15:39 Quote
Ha, math is hard.......on both counts. No clue on the length yet.

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 15:40 Quote
Well hurry up and get it built and send it to me!!

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 18:00 Quote
lance-h wrote:

Do you have the new Switchblade? How does the Druid compare to it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014913
Mobile Version of Website