21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 14:49 Quote
I don’t know how I got lucky enough to find a 2021 SJ EVO, but I did. I got the all black Expert model from my LBS. I am coming off a 2020 Stumpjumper 29 that I did a custom build on ( currently for sale in the PB classifieds). I absolutely loved that bike. When I saw the specs on the new EVO, I had to have one.

I’ve got around 50 or so miles on it so far. I’ve ridden 3 different geo set-ups. I am loving the versatility of the bike. I am in Utah which has such a wide variety of riding from epic long XC rides to Deer Valley gravity runs. The different geo set ups are noticeably different in the way the bike rides. I am still setting up the suspension with a ShockWiz to get it dialed just right. Based on the 3 different setups I’ve tried so far, I’m liking the high BB with the +1 headset spacer making a 65.5* HT angle for switchback and bermy XC trails. I can’t wait to dial in the low BB and 63* HT angle for some Deer Valley runs next season!
Chime in here with your opinion on the new EVO so far.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 15:10 Quote
photo
photo

Here she is with some Deity stuff

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 19:14 Quote
I’m off the same bike onto the same bike! 2020 stumpy to 2021 Evo expert. So far I’m loving it, got some good climbing in today and I’m impressed. Felt like the bike climbed way better in open than my stumpy did in the middle position, and I didn’t have to sit on the nose of the seat. The increased reach is also fantastic for my long monkey arms. I’ve got a few miles in standard shipped geo and high +1 geo. I agree, the 65.5* seems to be spot on for tech trail rides, but looking forward to bike park laps next season longer and lower! The expanded SWAT storage was fantastic as well, I’ve got everything and the kitchen sink in there! I feel like this is the bike I was trying to make my 2020 SJ into and I love it.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 21:00 Quote
rmxtreem wrote:
I don’t know how I got lucky enough to find a 2021 SJ EVO, but I did. I got the all black Expert model from my LBS. I am coming off a 2020 Stumpjumper 29 that I did a custom build on ( currently for sale in the PB classifieds). I absolutely loved that bike. When I saw the specs on the new EVO, I had to have one.

I’ve got around 50 or so miles on it so far. I’ve ridden 3 different geo set-ups. I am loving the versatility of the bike. I am in Utah which has such a wide variety of riding from epic long XC rides to Deer Valley gravity runs. The different geo set ups are noticeably different in the way the bike rides. I am still setting up the suspension with a ShockWiz to get it dialed just right. Based on the 3 different setups I’ve tried so far, I’m liking the high BB with the +1 headset spacer making a 65.5* HT angle for switchback and bermy XC trails. I can’t wait to dial in the low BB and 63* HT angle for some Deer Valley runs next season!
Chime in here with your opinion on the new EVO so far.

I got lucky with my LBS too, just happened go in the day a shipment of specialized arrived in in shop. Got the last one S3 that wasn’t pre-ordered. My 2021 Evo Comp is getting built up. So I’ll have mine soon as well.

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 7:22 Quote
Slightly off topic, but Im considering buying a 2021 model that has 3 rides on it. Does specialized warranty work similar to Santa Cruz where you have to register the bike yourself? Basically the situation is original buyer says they haven't registered it yet so I'm wondering if i can register it and get the factory warranty. I know people that have done this with SC, is this a possibility with specialized or do they register it when you but it from the dealer? Thanks for any insight!

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 10:04 Quote
1stevenml wrote:
Slightly off topic, but Im considering buying a 2021 model that has 3 rides on it. Does specialized warranty work similar to Santa Cruz where you have to register the bike yourself? Basically the situation is original buyer says they haven't registered it yet so I'm wondering if i can register it and get the factory warranty. I know people that have done this with SC, is this a possibility with specialized or do they register it when you but it from the dealer? Thanks for any insight!

I am not 100%, but if you ever had to make a warranty claim, they require a proof of purchase. Not sure if that is transferable. I bet the SBC website has specifics on this.

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 16:08 Quote
Just put a deposit on an EVO Expert S4 today. Got the last one at LBS and will pick up later this week. It looks so good with the carbon showing through the clear coat. Just need to buy some pedals now. Overall really excited especially since its my first full squish bike.
Will specialized update their suspension calculator on there website and add the Expert? Or does it matter much between models?

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 16:44 Quote
Landokalriz wrote:
Just put a deposit on an EVO Expert S4 today. Got the last one at LBS and will pick up later this week. It looks so good with the carbon showing through the clear coat. Just need to buy some pedals now. Overall really excited especially since its my first full squish bike.
Will specialized update their suspension calculator on there website and add the Expert? Or does it matter much between models?

Here is the geo finder for the new EVO

https://www.specialized.com/ca/en/stumpjumper-evo-geometry/app?&ht=1&hp=0&ws=1&sz=4

You’re going to love it man!

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 16:57 Quote
Landokalriz wrote:

I’ve got the expert as well and have been using the Evo Pro suspension calculator. The only difference between the factory and performance elite suspension is the kashima coating and I can’t imagine that would effect your tuning at all. Congrats on the bike!

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 10:30 Quote
Just doing some research
I think pricing in Canada is a gouge fest for EVO's

Evo Comp
US Price $4099 = $5348,47 CAD
Cdn Comp $5499 (+$150)

Evo Expert
US Price 4899 USD = 6382.55 CAD
Cdn Expert $7299 (+$917)

Evo Pro
US Dollar $7299 USD = $9509.33 CAD
Cdn Pro $10,199 (+$690)

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 10:46 Quote
Yep, that was brought up in the 2021 stumpy thread as well.. looks like it’s time for a road trip down south!

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 13:34 Quote
calicartel wrote:
Just doing some research
I think pricing in Canada is a gouge fest for EVO's

Evo Comp
US Price $4099 = $5348,47 CAD
Cdn Comp $5499 (+$150)

Evo Expert
US Price 4899 USD = 6382.55 CAD
Cdn Expert $7299 (+$917)

Evo Pro
US Dollar $7299 USD = $9509.33 CAD
Cdn Pro $10,199 (+$690)

WOW ????
You could buy a comp and upgrade it for that price difference

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 0:04 Quote
I emailed Specialized about the price differences. This is the email

""Description: Hello and good day. Im just wondering why the Canadian pricing specifically for the StumpJumper EVO Expert is $7299.00can, while adjusted for currency the American website is $6400can which is ~$900can more? I currently purchased the bike from my LBS and need some clarity on the difference in pricing. I find the price difference quite significant considering the EVO Comp only has a price difference of ~$150can.

I hope my explanation and question makes sense.

Thank You.""

REPLY from specialized.

""Hi. They use a different pricing strategy for that model in USA and we did not do the same in Canada, that the reason for that big difference on the expert. Thanks""

So yeah if you live close to the border and can justify the time and gas money, go for it, if you can find the bike.
Currently my LBS has a $400 gift card promo for spending over $6000 on a new bike which kinda helps the price sting I suppose.

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
Landokalriz wrote:
I emailed Specialized about the price differences. This is the email

""Description: Hello and good day. Im just wondering why the Canadian pricing specifically for the StumpJumper EVO Expert is $7299.00can, while adjusted for currency the American website is $6400can which is ~$900can more? I currently purchased the bike from my LBS and need some clarity on the difference in pricing. I find the price difference quite significant considering the EVO Comp only has a price difference of ~$150can.

I hope my explanation and question makes sense.

Thank You.""

REPLY from specialized.

""Hi. They use a different pricing strategy for that model in USA and we did not do the same in Canada, that the reason for that big difference on the expert. Thanks""

So yeah if you live close to the border and can justify the time and gas money, go for it, if you can find the bike.
Currently my LBS has a $400 gift card promo for spending over $6000 on a new bike which kinda helps the price sting I suppose.

So they gave 2 options in the $5k+ range for USA (Comp & Expert)

While we get 2 options in the $7k+ range in Canada (Expert & Ltd)

Pricing strategy would be interesting to hear

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 14:46 Quote
Anyone with an S3 evo managed to fit a longer dropper than the stock 150mm Xfusion manic in it? The evo is my 1st 29er and I'm surprised at how much the saddle is in the way on descents, even though my previous 27.5 had a 150mm dropper and I had no issues with it...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013705
Mobile Version of Website