21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts
Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 20:00 Quote
Do you guys see any concern with getting a Float X that’s a take off from another bike?

Someone I know if selling one from his Orbea Rise and was wondering if the fact it’s custom tune for that bike could Impact negatively performances..

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 20:05 Quote
Yes, the new SJ evo Float X has an RX tune. I would email Ethan at Dirt Merchant or William at Trail Labs on here about it. They may be able to re valve the shock to match the Rx tune.

Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 20:34 Quote
bainer66 wrote:
Has anyone tried a shorter stem on their ride. Debating going down to 40mm. Maybe a new set of bars too as I happened to cut mine down a bit short.

Michael

In AUS they come stock with the 35mm stem. I’m waiting on availability of the One Up bar and stem as an upgrade to my 21 S3 Evo Comp carbon. Will likely have to pick their 35mm rise.

Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 20:34 Quote
Simann wrote:
Yes, the new SJ evo Float X has an RX tune. I would email Ethan at Dirt Merchant or William at Trail Labs on here about it. They may be able to re valve the shock to match the Rx tune.

Gotcha thanks!

Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 20:50 Quote
Hi

Anyone has feedback on handlebar and stem upgrades that keep the bikes geometry etc? I’ve got a 21/22 S3 Evo carbon comp and want to replace the stock 30mm Spec alloy bar and 35mm stem with maybe the One Up Carbon 35mm rise and 35 mm stem.

I’ve already replaced the wheels with DTSwiss and i9 hydras and that was a huge improvement.

Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 21:13 Quote
MarkGirgis wrote:
Hi

Anyone has feedback on handlebar and stem upgrades that keep the bikes geometry etc? I’ve got a 21/22 S3 Evo carbon comp and want to replace the stock 30mm Spec alloy bar and 35mm stem with maybe the One Up Carbon 35mm rise and 35 mm stem.

I’ve already replaced the wheels with DTSwiss and i9 hydras and that was a huge improvement.

I went with the OneUp carbon bars 35 rise and Deity 35mm stem, feels great!

Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 21:17 Quote
markricho wrote:
HobNob wrote:
Running a coil on mine (EXT Storia V3).

Think the only thing standard is the frame & fork. I could only get the Expert on a deal from a friend so that's what I ended up with.

Otherwise, it's been great for the last 4 months Smile

Stevo.

Any idea how much lighter are the DT1501s are over the stock wheels?
I've a pair to put on my comp, already happy with the relatively light weight in stock form so any further saving will be a bonus.
Also going to stick on some carbon one up bars and stem and a lighter saddle.

Hi Mark how did you go with the One Up carbon bar upgrade? I’m looking to do the same for an Evo Comp spec also.
The rise is 35mm vs 30mm stock. Is bike better or now a bit different on the climbs?

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 22:16 Quote
I have the OneUp 35mm rise bars. Awesome feel and some much better than the stock bars.

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 2:51 Quote
MarkGirgis wrote:
Hi

It's only 5 mm different and if you don't like it just move one spacer under the stem above it.
Otherwise, the One Up carbon bar is good, eliminates extra vibration well.

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 4:45 Quote
Eorios wrote:
Awesome thanks for those. I thought it was more of a purple than that. Did you use a gloss wrap on it?

No, no purple whatsoever...actually when lighting is dim is basically looks black!

Yes, went with gloss (first two pics are obviously without foil), I did the same on my 2021 Diverge Expert and it turns out quite a nice play to have both matte and gloss on the bike.
With the gloss foil when the lighting is dim you still get to see the color of the bike, vs just basically dull blackish as I mentioned.

The fork is wrapped also.

cmarwood wrote:
Was looking for some pics of this color as I have one on the way for replacement. You got any more pics of the whole bike?

I didn't want to post it yet, as it's just a quick phone pic, and I plan to do a professional shoot of both this one and Diverge, but bah here you go! Smile
This is pre-final assembly, hoses were re-done and it also has a chainguard now.

photo

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 7:10 Quote
MarkGirgis wrote:
Hi

Deity Carbon Bars and 50mm Deity Copperhead Stem

photo

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 7:23 Quote
Simann wrote:

This is the "RX" tune, just light compression and firm rebound with a firm compression lever (climb switch). Not much RX about it.Rolleyes

2022, FLOAT X, F-S, K, 2pos-Adj, Evol LV, Specialized, SJ EVO S2-S6, 210, 55, 0.2 Spacer, CL, RF, Rezi LF, Neutral, Neutral Logo, N/M

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 9:04 Quote
bikebasher wrote:
Simann wrote:
kjbn wrote:
Do you guys see any concern with getting a Float X that’s a take off from another bike?

Someone I know if selling one from his Orbea Rise and was wondering if the fact it’s custom tune for that bike could Impact negatively performances..

This is the "RX" tune, just light compression and firm rebound with a firm compression lever (climb switch). Not much RX about it.Rolleyes

2022, FLOAT X, F-S, K, 2pos-Adj, Evol LV, Specialized, SJ EVO S2-S6, 210, 55, 0.2 Spacer, CL, RF, Rezi LF, Neutral, Neutral Logo, N/M

Oh so that's it? Just lowering compression and a firmer rebound should recreate this tune?

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 10:49 Quote
Yep, just a standard Fox tune.
Any suspension shop can replicate that, nothing custom or special about it.

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 10:59 Quote
Simann wrote:

Ethan: "it would need to be sent to Fox, roughy $130 for a retune and rebuild. That said, the tunes are pretty generic and will likely work fine.."

So yes probably fine to just get that shock and play with it to replicate it as I wouldn't pay $130 for a brand new shock to be retuned by Fox ha.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011907
Mobile Version of Website