Rockshox lyrik

• Next Page
Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 23:21 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Aesthetics are a part of everything! That doesn't mean it's without technical merit, though. Crown-steerer junction creaks are a huge problem and enlarging the junction will probably help.

Thanks for hammering that point down, I wouldn’t have understood you without the use of the exclamation mark and change of font style. And I would disagree with you, some changes to things are purely for performance. For example they don’t alter tread patterns/sizes or materials on tyres for aesthetics. They don’t alter engine technology in vehicles for aesthetics. I could go on and on. I said ‘part’ of the reason as yes there probably was a technical reason too. I should have said ‘big part’.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 23:47 Quote
No need to be snippy, Spangoolies. I provided information in a friendly way; maybe consider replying likewise.

Many tread patterns are largely aesthetic and yes, even the compounds are sometimes aesthetic, with some inferior compounds having been used that allow a unique colour for brand identification.

And yes, engine technology can be altered a little for aesthetics. There have been cases of compromises in engine design or spec to fit into a preferred chassis package, not to mention the ubiquitous engine covers that look fancy when we open the hood. There's even the case of the resurrection of the "hemi" and Wankel designs that were more about brand identity and heritage than performance.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 23:56 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Oh dear, someone is sensitive!

Many tread patterns are largely aesthetic and yes, even the compounds are sometimes aesthetic, with some inferior compounds having been used that allow a unique colour for brand identification.

And yes, engine technology can be altered a little for aesthetics. There have been cases of compromises in engine design or spec to fit into a preferred chassis package, not to mention the ubiquitous engine covers that look fancy when we open the hood. There's even the case of the resurrection of the "hemi" and Wankel designs that were more about brand identity and heritage than performance.

Hope that helps you understand!

I’m not going to get drawn into an argument with you simply because I can’t be bothered. I’ve always respected your knowledge on here as you mostly make very good points and know what your talking about (and continuously throw lifted facts after facts until the other person gives up) but you can be a real dick some times

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 0:04 Quote
Spangoolies wrote:
I’m not going to get drawn into an argument with you simply because I can’t be bothered. I’ve always respected your knowledge on here as you mostly make very good points and know what your talking about (and continuously throw lifted facts after facts until the other person gives up) but you can be a real dick some times

Odd that you feel that way, given you were the first to respond that way. Even so, there was no need for me to reply with equal rudeness, so I changed my post to be more polite, as it should've been from the start.

Not sure what you mean about "lifted" facts, though. Could you explain?

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 0:11 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Ooofff wrote:
Maybe this reflects more on me. If I was to own a big travel bike enduro/freeride or whatever you want to call it, it would have a set of dh forks a 63 ha and at least 180mm travel in the back of the bike. But still a dropper post and a wide spread of gears.

It would be complete over kill but more travel doesn’t weigh much so why not

More travel doesn't really weigh any more at all, but it does soak up more pedal force from your legs, if it didn't even xc bikes could have 200mm travel... A 200mm travel dh bike that weighs the same as a xc bike and has the same amount of compression damping will still be less efficient and absorb leg power more. I've got an sb165 with a 180mm ZEB and it's great, I use it everywhere no problem and can hit decent speeds even on road, but there is no denying that it is not even remotely close to being as fast at accelerating and as nimble and efficient as my Scott Scale hardtail was, not even close.
yeah this definitely would be my only bike I have a commencal hardtail aswell so that would be used on easier going terrain

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011093
Mobile Version of Website