Push 11-6

Author Message
FL
Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 16:23 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
Petiloi wrote:
Was the shock tuned to your weight, bike and riding style?

Yes
if you've paid for a premium brand shock,that's tune very specifically for you and your bike,you shouldn't have to touch it.Any issue with the tune got back to who you bought it from.Meddling at home will make the shock feel awful.

Push doesn't support Knolly so he had to have bought it used. He's just mistaken

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 16:42 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:


Yes
if you've paid for a premium brand shock,that's tune very specifically for you and your bike,you shouldn't have to touch it.Any issue with the tune got back to who you bought it from.Meddling at home will make the shock feel awful.

Push doesn't support Knolly so he had to have bought it used. He's just mistaken

I had a feeling they didn’t and wasn’t sure if you could custom order from them but that is why I specified my question the way I did.

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 17:03 Quote
There is places in the UK I know that will tune it for you and your bike even though PUSH doesn't support or have that frame on file or allows 3rd party tuners to play with their shocks...but still there is places that have got hold of the special toolings via the 'back door' in order to enable them to open them up and tune them even though PUSH doesn't like to think that. I Beleive Avalanche also can tune the 11/6, think he made his own tooling...again this is a big no no from PUSH and they like to keep their head in the sand and assume no one can open up their shocks apart from authorised dealers and need special tools supplied by PUSH but beleive me there is a few places that can open it up and tune it for you... Like I say across the pond only place I know is Avalanche.. so give them a shout.

But honestly I don't beleive in a lot of this hocus pocus custom tuning. Changing spring weights and playing around with the knobs on the shock should be more than enough to get you to a point you are happy with the shock, I completely changed how mine felt just doing that.

FL
Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 17:19 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
But honestly I don't beleive in a lot of this hocus pocus custom tuning. Changing spring weights and playing around with the knobs on the shock should be more than enough to get you to a point you are happy with the shock, I completely changed how mine felt just doing that.

He’s right about that. I don’t think most people can tell the difference between a custom tune and just using the original tune. I emphasize (most people)

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 21:01 Quote
Saddleback Uk(only UK company able to fully retune Push shocks) quoted me £400 to have a push 11-6 serviced and retuned for me/bike.I asked Push directly if the shock from another bike would be suitable and would I be able to be tune it without a full retune,they're answer was no.ontop of the sellers asking price.11-6 doesn't really have a second hand market.

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 21:25 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
Saddleback Uk(only UK company able to fully retune Push shocks) quoted me £400 to have a push 11-6 serviced and retuned for me/bike.I asked Push directly if the shock from another bike would be suitable and would I be able to be tune it without a full retune,they're answer was no.ontop of the sellers asking price.11-6 doesn't really have a second hand market.

Saddleback are useless, yea they are the only 'official' tuners PUSH would have you beleive...the guy there I won't say his name doesn't know his shit anywhere near as much as the dudes at the other place I know, man at Saddleback has only been in the game a couple years...same fella told me to turn my compression damping up as PUSH told him sometimes people find it harsh cos they don't run enough damping, ofc I tried it knowing it was bollocks and the result was as expected. Anyway the other company can tune PUSH too I'm on about, won't charge you £400 and has been in the game over 15 years..he got the tooling through the back door, I won't say which company on here but can pm you it. Don't wanna cause a rift between them, PUSH n Saddleback but yea there is places that can tune it for you and don't cost an arm and a leg.

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 23:34 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:


Yes
if you've paid for a premium brand shock,that's tune very specifically for you and your bike,you shouldn't have to touch it.Any issue with the tune got back to who you bought it from.Meddling at home will make the shock feel awful.

Push doesn't support Knolly so he had to have bought it used. He's just mistaken

I did buy it used. Previous owner had it on their warden carbon and purchased it new from push. I chatted with push via their website chat box and they sent over two sets of recommended base settings for me. Giving it a try this weekend

Posted: Jan 30, 2021 at 10:07 Quote
Well have you ridden it properly yet? If you tell us what you think isn't right we can try help you tune it. Imo there is a very narrow sweet spot when tuning suspension..providing you are running the correct spring rate I'd next look at rebound, there is a fine line with rebound where if it's too slow it won't extend fully, staying deep in it's travel and feeling harsh yet like the spring is soft and sagging too much, but if the rebound is too fast it will want to buck and skip when flying over square edge hits momentarily losing traction..you will find there is a sweet spot that won't have a range more than 1 click either side of that sweet spot until it starts feeling out of balance and messed up. So get the rebound sorted, then maybe add a bit of low speed compression so the spring doesn't feel so soft, add as little compression as possible whilst still providing the support you need and not using too much travel and letting the wheel hang up on square edges. When you find that perfect balance everything just suddenly seems right and works in harmony much better, but it takes a bit of riding over rough terrain and square edges and playing around with knobs paying attention to what the bike is actually doing, not just crusing down a flat road bobbing your weight up and down aka parking lot test. If you want optimum suspension performance you can't compromise it by adding a ton of low speed compression to make the bike have a better pedalling platform other wise it will work poorly everywhere else, up the spring weight a bit in this case. Hope that helps.

Posted: Jan 30, 2021 at 11:01 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Well have you ridden it properly yet? If you tell us what you think isn't right we can try help you tune it. Imo there is a very narrow sweet spot when tuning suspension..providing you are running the correct spring rate I'd next look at rebound, there is a fine line with rebound where if it's too slow it won't extend fully, staying deep in it's travel and feeling harsh yet like the spring is soft and sagging too much, but if the rebound is too fast it will want to buck and skip when flying over square edge hits momentarily losing traction..you will find there is a sweet spot that won't have a range more than 1 click either side of that sweet spot until it starts feeling out of balance and messed up. So get the rebound sorted, then maybe add a bit of low speed compression so the spring doesn't feel so soft, add as little compression as possible whilst still providing the support you need and not using too much travel and letting the wheel hang up on square edges. When you find that perfect balance everything just suddenly seems right and works in harmony much better, but it takes a bit of riding over rough terrain and square edges and playing around with knobs paying attention to what the bike is actually doing, not just crusing down a flat road bobbing your weight up and down aka parking lot test. If you want optimum suspension performance you can't compromise it by adding a ton of low speed compression to make the bike have a better pedalling platform other wise it will work poorly everywhere else, up the spring weight a bit in this case. Hope that helps.

Hey man. Hell of a reply! I haven’t rode it proper yet...tomorrow and Monday I will. I will report back

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 10:05 Quote
There's some mis-information that I'd like to clear up.

1. Our previous generation shock was available for many Knolly frames. The new version with the spherical bearing shaft eyelet doesn't physically fit due to clearance issues and is the only reason we don't currently offer sales of the current shock. We have a number of shocks in the field on Knolly frames and they are still 100% supported by our customer service department.

2. Back door tooling. This simply doesn't exist, and anyone who says that have the specialty tools to work on 11.6 is not being truthful. The reason I know is because our own service centers were limited to one tool kit each up due to our own internal manufacturing delays in being able to offer them more. A week ago Monday was the first time additional specialty tools became available for ordering for our service centers.

3. Saddleback's capabilities in the UK are extremely strong. I personally have a satellite office that I work out of there in Yate(although not in 2020 due to COVID) and was responsible for the construction of the department and training of the staff. They have a direct link to our engineering department(as all our centers do) including live video conferencing if necessary. So, if they need assistance or information that they're not able, or comfortable handling, they literally can sort that out with the people at PUSH responsible for the development of each and every product that we manufacture.

We work closely with all of our partners and pride ourselves on after support which is why we publish our phone number, email addresses, and have live chat available on our website M-F, 9-5 MST. We believe that a high performance product is only as good as it's support network, and strive to provide the best after sale support in the industry. Because of the work our R&D puts in with each manufacturer, 95% of the time the out of the box performance is spot on for riders. But that being said, if you're not 100% satisfied with your build we want to know and will always work with you to get you the setup that you're looking for.

Thanks,

Darren Murphy
PUSH Industries
Ph. (970) 278-1110
www.pushindustries.com
www.instagram.com/darrenfrompush

Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 10:28 Quote
PUSH wrote:
There's some mis-information that I'd like to clear up.

1. Our previous generation shock was available for many Knolly frames. The new version with the spherical bearing shaft eyelet doesn't physically fit due to clearance issues and is the only reason we don't currently offer sales of the current shock. We have a number of shocks in the field on Knolly frames and they are still 100% supported by our customer service department.

2. Back door tooling. This simply doesn't exist, and anyone who says that have the specialty tools to work on 11.6 is not being truthful. The reason I know is because our own service centers were limited to one tool kit each up due to our own internal manufacturing delays in being able to offer them more. A week ago Monday was the first time additional specialty tools became available for ordering for our service centers.

3. Saddleback's capabilities in the UK are extremely strong. I personally have a satellite office that I work out of there in Yate(although not in 2020 due to COVID) and was responsible for the construction of the department and training of the staff. They have a direct link to our engineering department(as all our centers do) including live video conferencing if necessary. So, if they need assistance or information that they're not able, or comfortable handling, they literally can sort that out with the people at PUSH responsible for the development of each and every product that we manufacture.

We work closely with all of our partners and pride ourselves on after support which is why we publish our phone number, email addresses, and have live chat available on our website M-F, 9-5 MST. We believe that a high performance product is only as good as it's support network, and strive to provide the best after sale support in the industry. Because of the work our R&D puts in with each manufacturer, 95% of the time the out of the box performance is spot on for riders. But that being said, if you're not 100% satisfied with your build we want to know and will always work with you to get you the setup that you're looking for.

Thanks,

Darren Murphy
PUSH Industries
Ph. (970) 278-1110
www.pushindustries.com
www.instagram.com/darrenfrompush

If you wish to believe point 2. That's fair enough, I rather take the word of someone who has been in the game 15 years, worked on the world cup circuit than take the advice of I won't say his name from Saddleback who you have tuning your 11/6, recommends increased damping to reduce harshness and has been in the game only a few years. It is not unreasonable also to assume other tuners can make the required tooling. The tuner I know, knows exactly what the 11/6 looks like internally and can tune them...maybe you don't like the fact people do or know this, but I didn't like the fact I spent £1200 on a shock that feels more harsh than my old dhx 5.0 on my last bike.

Can't knock PUSH quality though, your shocks are superbly made and when tinkered with to taste by adjusting spring rate and compression, are very composed low stiction reliable shocks. So yes the 11/6 is an excellent quality shock that has two useful circuits, but lets get some truth out there, 1. PUSH tends to tune on the firm side for UK trails and preferences, 2. The shocks perform great but it's barely noticeable against any other high end shock, some of which are argued to be more sensitive such as the EXT and Jade X. 3. As much as you have told me online through chat and on here, yes other tuners are opening up your shocks whether you either want to keep your head in the sand about that or just misinform people to protect your partners and know that people aren't getting unrecommended tunes, I don't know.

And let's not get onto this review...
https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/components/rear-shocks/push-elevensix-rear-shock-review/

You know very well you don't or didn't at the time have a tune available for the Geometron, and we all know mr you know who at Saddleback made this tune up for this review as he also runs an 11/6 on his own Geometron.....yet you say you don't support tunes for bikes you haven't tested but you are happy for your right hand man to configure an unsupported 11/6 to go to review for a major magazine...

So yea you can keep trying to cover stuff up, or have people taking 5 mins to respond online to any help they may be looking for, and being relatively rude acting like they don't even want to be there and assist you.... but I know the truth, can back up a lot of what I say with sources and evidence. I don't mention specific people or companies as I feel no need to call people out or create a rift but I could do if I wanted. I suggest you take the info I have provided as useful rather than as mistruthful or mocking, as ultimately you only benefit from this than never knowing. I trust in your pride for your company and genuinely believe you stand by your products and their capabilities and do personally want to offer as good customer service as possible...but when people are saying the truth on various forums and you are either saying they are liars, misinformed or just straight up wrong on a technical/engineering issue as we have seen on various message boards is not cool when you know very well they are probably telling the truth.

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 10:56 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
PUSH wrote:
There's some mis-information that I'd like to clear up.

1. Our previous generation shock was available for many Knolly frames. The new version with the spherical bearing shaft eyelet doesn't physically fit due to clearance issues and is the only reason we don't currently offer sales of the current shock. We have a number of shocks in the field on Knolly frames and they are still 100% supported by our customer service department.

2. Back door tooling. This simply doesn't exist, and anyone who says that have the specialty tools to work on 11.6 is not being truthful. The reason I know is because our own service centers were limited to one tool kit each up due to our own internal manufacturing delays in being able to offer them more. A week ago Monday was the first time additional specialty tools became available for ordering for our service centers.

3. Saddleback's capabilities in the UK are extremely strong. I personally have a satellite office that I work out of there in Yate(although not in 2020 due to COVID) and was responsible for the construction of the department and training of the staff. They have a direct link to our engineering department(as all our centers do) including live video conferencing if necessary. So, if they need assistance or information that they're not able, or comfortable handling, they literally can sort that out with the people at PUSH responsible for the development of each and every product that we manufacture.

We work closely with all of our partners and pride ourselves on after support which is why we publish our phone number, email addresses, and have live chat available on our website M-F, 9-5 MST. We believe that a high performance product is only as good as it's support network, and strive to provide the best after sale support in the industry. Because of the work our R&D puts in with each manufacturer, 95% of the time the out of the box performance is spot on for riders. But that being said, if you're not 100% satisfied with your build we want to know and will always work with you to get you the setup that you're looking for.

Thanks,

Darren Murphy
PUSH Industries
Ph. (970) 278-1110
www.pushindustries.com
www.instagram.com/darrenfrompush

If you wish to believe point 2. That's fair enough, I rather take the word of someone who has been in the game 15 years, worked on the world cup circuit than take the advice of I won't say his name from Saddleback who you have tuning your 11/6, recommends increased damping to reduce harshness and has been in the game only a few years. It is not unreasonable also to assume other tuners can make the required tooling. The tuner I know, knows exactly what the 11/6 looks like internally and can tune them...maybe you don't like the fact people do or know this, but I didn't like the fact I spent £1200 on a shock that feels more harsh than my old dhx5 on my last bike. Can't knock PUSH quality though, your shocks are superbly made and when tinkered with to taste by adjusting spring rate and compression, are very composed low stiction reliable shocks. So yes the 11/6 is an excellent quality shock that has two useful circuits, but lets get some truth out there, 1. PUSH tends to tune on the firm side for UK trails and preferences, 2. The shocks perform great but it's barely noticeable against any other high end shock, some of which are argued to be more sensitive such as the EXT and Jade X. 3. As much as you have told me online through chat and on here, yes other tuners are opening up your shocks whether you either want to keep your head in the sand about that or just misinform people to protect your partners and know that people aren't getting unrecommended tunes.
, I don't know.

And lets not get onto this review... https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/components/rear-shocks/push-elevensix-rear-shock-review/

You know very well you don't or didn't at the time have a tune available for the Geometron, and we all know mr you know who at Saddleback made this tune up for this review as he also runs an 11/6 on his own Geometron.....yet you say you don't support tunes for bikes you haven't tested yet you are happy for your right hand man to configure an unsupported 11/6 to go to review for a major magaizine...

So yea you can keep trying to cover stuff up or have people taking 5 mins to respond online to any help they may be looking for and being relatively rude acting like they don't even want to be there and assist you but I know the truth, can back up a lot of what I say with sources and evidence. I don't mention specific people or companies as I feel no need to call people out or create a rift but I could do if I wanted.

I think we have a misunderstanding. Point 2 is not a belief, it's fact. We only produced "X" amounts of our tool kits, and it was only enough for each one of our partners to get one set. I'm simply stating that if someone claims to have PUSH tooling they do not. Do they have their own tooling....maybe. Can technicians outside of our network service and tune our shocks....absolutely. They are just doing it without access to our parts. You have to remember, that's how I started PUSH...as a tuner, so I completely understand. Our need to control our service centers is out of our own internal capacity....not because we have something so top secret that others can't do it. No one has their head in the sand in regards to that. I apologize as I wasn't meaning to anger you, just provide some additional information.

As for the Geometron....one of our engineers purchased the bike directly from them, had it shipped over to our office in the USA, and spent an entire season riding it. We even did a number of posts on our Instagram account showing the testing of the bike. We offered the shock for sale and have a number of Geometron riders on them in the field today. The shock for that review was built by us here in the USA, not someone else, to standard customer specifications, and shipped over to the UK. The magazine did ask for a slight retune that was handled by Saddleback at our direction. When the review came out the shock was available in all markets.

Darren Murphy
PUSH Industries
Ph. (970) 278-1110
www.pushindustries.com
www.instagram.com/darrenfrompush

Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 11:06 Quote
PUSH wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:
PUSH wrote:
There's some mis-information that I'd like to clear up.

1. Our previous generation shock was available for many Knolly frames. The new version with the spherical bearing shaft eyelet doesn't physically fit due to clearance issues and is the only reason we don't currently offer sales of the current shock. We have a number of shocks in the field on Knolly frames and they are still 100% supported by our customer service department.

2. Back door tooling. This simply doesn't exist, and anyone who says that have the specialty tools to work on 11.6 is not being truthful. The reason I know is because our own service centers were limited to one tool kit each up due to our own internal manufacturing delays in being able to offer them more. A week ago Monday was the first time additional specialty tools became available for ordering for our service centers.

3. Saddleback's capabilities in the UK are extremely strong. I personally have a satellite office that I work out of there in Yate(although not in 2020 due to COVID) and was responsible for the construction of the department and training of the staff. They have a direct link to our engineering department(as all our centers do) including live video conferencing if necessary. So, if they need assistance or information that they're not able, or comfortable handling, they literally can sort that out with the people at PUSH responsible for the development of each and every product that we manufacture.

We work closely with all of our partners and pride ourselves on after support which is why we publish our phone number, email addresses, and have live chat available on our website M-F, 9-5 MST. We believe that a high performance product is only as good as it's support network, and strive to provide the best after sale support in the industry. Because of the work our R&D puts in with each manufacturer, 95% of the time the out of the box performance is spot on for riders. But that being said, if you're not 100% satisfied with your build we want to know and will always work with you to get you the setup that you're looking for.

Thanks,

Darren Murphy
PUSH Industries
Ph. (970) 278-1110
www.pushindustries.com
www.instagram.com/darrenfrompush

If you wish to believe point 2. That's fair enough, I rather take the word of someone who has been in the game 15 years, worked on the world cup circuit than take the advice of I won't say his name from Saddleback who you have tuning your 11/6, recommends increased damping to reduce harshness and has been in the game only a few years. It is not unreasonable also to assume other tuners can make the required tooling. The tuner I know, knows exactly what the 11/6 looks like internally and can tune them...maybe you don't like the fact people do or know this, but I didn't like the fact I spent £1200 on a shock that feels more harsh than my old dhx5 on my last bike. Can't knock PUSH quality though, your shocks are superbly made and when tinkered with to taste by adjusting spring rate and compression, are very composed low stiction reliable shocks. So yes the 11/6 is an excellent quality shock that has two useful circuits, but lets get some truth out there, 1. PUSH tends to tune on the firm side for UK trails and preferences, 2. The shocks perform great but it's barely noticeable against any other high end shock, some of which are argued to be more sensitive such as the EXT and Jade X. 3. As much as you have told me online through chat and on here, yes other tuners are opening up your shocks whether you either want to keep your head in the sand about that or just misinform people to protect your partners and know that people aren't getting unrecommended tunes.
, I don't know.

And lets not get onto this review... https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/components/rear-shocks/push-elevensix-rear-shock-review/

You know very well you don't or didn't at the time have a tune available for the Geometron, and we all know mr you know who at Saddleback made this tune up for this review as he also runs an 11/6 on his own Geometron.....yet you say you don't support tunes for bikes you haven't tested yet you are happy for your right hand man to configure an unsupported 11/6 to go to review for a major magaizine...

So yea you can keep trying to cover stuff up or have people taking 5 mins to respond online to any help they may be looking for and being relatively rude acting like they don't even want to be there and assist you but I know the truth, can back up a lot of what I say with sources and evidence. I don't mention specific people or companies as I feel no need to call people out or create a rift but I could do if I wanted.

I think we have a misunderstanding. Point 2 is not a belief, it's fact. We only produced "X" amounts of our tool kits, and it was only enough for each one of our partners to get one set. I'm simply stating that if someone claims to have PUSH tooling they do not. Do they have their own tooling....maybe. Can technicians outside of our network service and tune our shocks....absolutely. They are just doing it without access to our parts. You have to remember, that's how I started PUSH...as a tuner, so I completely understand. Our need to control our service centers is out of our own internal capacity....not because we have something so top secret that others can't do it. No one has their head in the sand in regards to that. I apologize as I wasn't meaning to anger you, just provide some additional information.

As for the Geometron....one of our engineers purchased the bike directly from them, had it shipped over to our office in the USA, and spent an entire season riding it. We even did a number of posts on our Instagram account showing the testing of the bike. We offered the shock for sale and have a number of Geometron riders on them in the field today. The shock for that review was built by us here in the USA, not someone else, to standard customer specifications, and shipped over to the UK. The magazine did ask for a slight retune that was handled by Saddleback at our direction. When the review came out the shock was available in all markets.

Darren Murphy
PUSH Industries
Ph. (970) 278-1110
www.pushindustries.com
www.instagram.com/darrenfrompush

I'm just going to not even be polite after reading that, that's straight up lies, and if you want me to list specific names, companies, post screenshots of emails and webchats then keep trying to call me a liar or misinformed...I heard straight from the horses mouth who tuned that 11/6... And let's say for instance you are true on that point then that only makes your right hand man a liar...I mean it even says in the article itself it was tuned at Saddleback, so I suggest stop trying to pull wool over everyones eyes Darren as I can back up everything I say with hard evidence and if am PUSHed to do so, will do, I have nothing to lose, only protecting those companies and individuals whilst giving you an opportunity to not even necessarily come clean but take this information, act on it if you so wish and not imply people are liars or misinformed.

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 11:26 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
PUSH wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:


If you wish to believe point 2. That's fair enough, I rather take the word of someone who has been in the game 15 years, worked on the world cup circuit than take the advice of I won't say his name from Saddleback who you have tuning your 11/6, recommends increased damping to reduce harshness and has been in the game only a few years. It is not unreasonable also to assume other tuners can make the required tooling. The tuner I know, knows exactly what the 11/6 looks like internally and can tune them...maybe you don't like the fact people do or know this, but I didn't like the fact I spent £1200 on a shock that feels more harsh than my old dhx5 on my last bike. Can't knock PUSH quality though, your shocks are superbly made and when tinkered with to taste by adjusting spring rate and compression, are very composed low stiction reliable shocks. So yes the 11/6 is an excellent quality shock that has two useful circuits, but lets get some truth out there, 1. PUSH tends to tune on the firm side for UK trails and preferences, 2. The shocks perform great but it's barely noticeable against any other high end shock, some of which are argued to be more sensitive such as the EXT and Jade X. 3. As much as you have told me online through chat and on here, yes other tuners are opening up your shocks whether you either want to keep your head in the sand about that or just misinform people to protect your partners and know that people aren't getting unrecommended tunes.
, I don't know.

And lets not get onto this review... https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/components/rear-shocks/push-elevensix-rear-shock-review/

You know very well you don't or didn't at the time have a tune available for the Geometron, and we all know mr you know who at Saddleback made this tune up for this review as he also runs an 11/6 on his own Geometron.....yet you say you don't support tunes for bikes you haven't tested yet you are happy for your right hand man to configure an unsupported 11/6 to go to review for a major magaizine...

So yea you can keep trying to cover stuff up or have people taking 5 mins to respond online to any help they may be looking for and being relatively rude acting like they don't even want to be there and assist you but I know the truth, can back up a lot of what I say with sources and evidence. I don't mention specific people or companies as I feel no need to call people out or create a rift but I could do if I wanted.

I think we have a misunderstanding. Point 2 is not a belief, it's fact. We only produced "X" amounts of our tool kits, and it was only enough for each one of our partners to get one set. I'm simply stating that if someone claims to have PUSH tooling they do not. Do they have their own tooling....maybe. Can technicians outside of our network service and tune our shocks....absolutely. They are just doing it without access to our parts. You have to remember, that's how I started PUSH...as a tuner, so I completely understand. Our need to control our service centers is out of our own internal capacity....not because we have something so top secret that others can't do it. No one has their head in the sand in regards to that. I apologize as I wasn't meaning to anger you, just provide some additional information.

As for the Geometron....one of our engineers purchased the bike directly from them, had it shipped over to our office in the USA, and spent an entire season riding it. We even did a number of posts on our Instagram account showing the testing of the bike. We offered the shock for sale and have a number of Geometron riders on them in the field today. The shock for that review was built by us here in the USA, not someone else, to standard customer specifications, and shipped over to the UK. The magazine did ask for a slight retune that was handled by Saddleback at our direction. When the review came out the shock was available in all markets.

Darren Murphy
PUSH Industries
Ph. (970) 278-1110
www.pushindustries.com
www.instagram.com/darrenfrompush

I'm just going to not even be polite after reading that, that's straight up lies, and if you want me to list specific names, companies, post screenshots of emails and webchats then keep trying to call me a liar or misinformed...I heard straight from the horses mouth who tuned that 11/6... And let's say for instance you are true on that point then that only makes your right hand man a liar...I mean it even says in the article itself it was tuned at Saddleback, so I suggest stop trying to pull wool over everyones eyes Darren as I can back up everything I say with hard evidence and if am PUSHed to do so, will do, I have nothing to lose, only protecting those companies and individuals whilst giving you an opportunity to not even necessarily come clean but take this information, act on it if you so wish and not imply people are liars or misinformed.
Unfortunately this is an example of something being lost by text. I'd be happy to setup a call with you to discuss just reach out to me at dm@pushindustries.com. I can arrange video, or phone.

I definitely am not a liar.

1. We have had a significant shortage of specialty tools until a week ago. In the UK only TF Tuned or Saddleback would have them.

2. The test shock mentioned was handled by me. I met with the editor on one of my trips to the UK. We built him a shock to test and shipped it to Saddleback in the UK. They arranged the setup with the editor. The editor asked about a slight retune to try something a little different. Saddleback reached out to us to consult on the retune and we provided that information regarding the adjustment, Saddleback performed the work and got it back in the editors hands.

I'm not sure why this seems to be turning into an argument. Regardless....something that could be quickly settled by reaching out to me directly. Happy to clear up, or answer an questions you may have. dm@pushindustries.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Darren

Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 11:33 Quote
PUSH wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:
PUSH wrote:


I think we have a misunderstanding. Point 2 is not a belief, it's fact. We only produced "X" amounts of our tool kits, and it was only enough for each one of our partners to get one set. I'm simply stating that if someone claims to have PUSH tooling they do not. Do they have their own tooling....maybe. Can technicians outside of our network service and tune our shocks....absolutely. They are just doing it without access to our parts. You have to remember, that's how I started PUSH...as a tuner, so I completely understand. Our need to control our service centers is out of our own internal capacity....not because we have something so top secret that others can't do it. No one has their head in the sand in regards to that. I apologize as I wasn't meaning to anger you, just provide some additional information.

As for the Geometron....one of our engineers purchased the bike directly from them, had it shipped over to our office in the USA, and spent an entire season riding it. We even did a number of posts on our Instagram account showing the testing of the bike. We offered the shock for sale and have a number of Geometron riders on them in the field today. The shock for that review was built by us here in the USA, not someone else, to standard customer specifications, and shipped over to the UK. The magazine did ask for a slight retune that was handled by Saddleback at our direction. When the review came out the shock was available in all markets.

Darren Murphy
PUSH Industries
Ph. (970) 278-1110
www.pushindustries.com
www.instagram.com/darrenfrompush

I'm just going to not even be polite after reading that, that's straight up lies, and if you want me to list specific names, companies, post screenshots of emails and webchats then keep trying to call me a liar or misinformed...I heard straight from the horses mouth who tuned that 11/6... And let's say for instance you are true on that point then that only makes your right hand man a liar...I mean it even says in the article itself it was tuned at Saddleback, so I suggest stop trying to pull wool over everyones eyes Darren as I can back up everything I say with hard evidence and if am PUSHed to do so, will do, I have nothing to lose, only protecting those companies and individuals whilst giving you an opportunity to not even necessarily come clean but take this information, act on it if you so wish and not imply people are liars or misinformed.
Unfortunately this is an example of something being lost by text. I'd be happy to setup a call with you to discuss just reach out to me at dm@pushindustries.com. I can arrange video, or phone.

I definitely am not a liar.

1. We have had a significant shortage of specialty tools until a week ago. In the UK only TF Tuned or Saddleback would have them.

2. The test shock mentioned was handled by me. I met with the editor on one of my trips to the UK. We built him a shock to test and shipped it to Saddleback in the UK. They arranged the setup with the editor. The editor asked about a slight retune to try something a little different. Saddleback reached out to us to consult on the retune and we provided that information regarding the adjustment, Saddleback performed the work and got it back in the editors hands.

I'm not sure why this seems to be turning into an argument. Regardless....something that could be quickly settled by reaching out to me directly. Happy to clear up, or answer an questions you may have. dm@pushindustries.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Darren

I have no desire to argue, it's turning into an argument because you are implying I am misinformed or a liar, or that people I have spent an hour on the phone talking to who are absolute wizards of suspension tuning with many more years than that guy who's name starts with O at Saddleback has. I am more than happy to discuss that privately and help clarify things from both ends. I have no reason to either defend or make a mockery of PUSH, I am just stating either what I have experienced, using your shock, customer service, or what I have heard or read from speaking to various tuners in the UK..none of it is 'lies', some of it could be wrong if you are being truthful, although I have no reason to think a genuinely nice knowledgeable and helpful guy who spent an hour talking to me on the phone whilst making no money from selling me anything and his been on the world cup scene and tuning suspension for 15 years would be telling lies either.


 


Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010405
Mobile Version of Website