Transition Spire - new long travel 29er

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 3:07 Quote
I'm in the van, driving to Newcastle!

YOLO and all that.

Maybe look out for me at Wharny tomorrow with a massive shit eating grin!

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 3:17 Quote
diggery wrote:
I'm in the van, driving to Newcastle!

YOLO and all that.

Maybe look out for me at Wharny tomorrow with a massive shit eating grin!

Start cycles?

Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 3:50 Quote
anyone who rode a 2020 spesh enduro and now rides a spire?
how do they compare? is the spire a mini dh bike aswell like the enduro?
i need a bike that does it all and i dont care about wheight thats why i am back on alu
sorry for the same question but i am off the bike since 2 months and i need to get back on.... life without a rig is sshit

i could get a medium alloy spire, so i am tempted to buy it Smile

thanks dudes

Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 4:34 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
anyone who rode a 2020 spesh enduro and now rides a spire?
how do they compare? is the spire a mini dh bike aswell like the enduro?
i need a bike that does it all and i dont care about wheight thats why i am back on alu
sorry for the same question but i am off the bike since 2 months and i need to get back on.... life without a rig is sshit

i could get a medium alloy spire, so i am tempted to buy it Smile

thanks dudes

I have not ridden the Spire, have ridden the new Enduro a few times. I was researching this same topic, and that racer dude on Pinkbike was saying the he'd still pick the Enduro as a "race bike". He was saying the Transition wasn't as plush and bump compliant. Could be tune related, but the Enduro is also the most plush bike I've ever ridden.

Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 8:02 Quote
JamesKROZ wrote:
Start cycles?

Yes dude! Great guys to deal with. Got a very good deal. Feel half sick, half super excited!

Big question now is what colour EDC light goes best with the primer grey with orangey red highlights!

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 10:55 Quote
diggery wrote:
JamesKROZ wrote:
Start cycles?

Yes dude! Great guys to deal with. Got a very good deal. Feel half sick, half super excited!

Big question now is what colour EDC light goes best with the primer grey with orangey red highlights!
Great shop, had a pair of wheels and the zeb for my frame from this year. You’re gonna love the spire Smile

Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 12:24 Quote
diggery wrote:
JamesKROZ wrote:
Start cycles?

Good effort! Enjoy.

Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 13:13 Quote
Cheers, I'm sure I will.

Seatpost is 180 on my Large.
The frame will swallow it all to the collar.
At pedaling height for my 81cm inseam (32") I have about 40mm post showing so it would probably fit a 210 but I doubt it would slam.

Weight is "not at all heavy".

Tomorrow I'll mostly be playing with suspension. Probably on the familiar tracks at Greno.

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 14:17 Quote
Hey everyone, quick update on the knocking sound I’ve been trying to get rid of on my carbon XT build. I sent my shock back to Fox and it sounds like something was loose on the high speed circuit VVC assembly. They mentioned this is a more common issue with the tune that Transition is using. I don’t have my shock back yet but fingers crossed for a quiet bike moving forward!

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 14:59 Quote
bryce250f wrote:
Hey everyone, quick update on the knocking sound I’ve been trying to get rid of on my carbon XT build. I sent my shock back to Fox and it sounds like something was loose on the high speed circuit VVC assembly. They mentioned this is a more common issue with the tune that Transition is using. I don’t have my shock back yet but fingers crossed for a quiet bike moving forward!

Please update once you ride, the noise is the only flaw this bike has.

Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 15:43 Quote
I had that ,too. After sending it to Fox ist gone. Maybe same issue.

Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 18:04 Quote
luckyguy19 wrote:
bryce250f wrote:

Please update once you ride, the noise is the only flaw this bike has.

I made a few easy tweaks to get it silent.

More foam on the derailleur and dropper housing about 3x what it comes with.

I ghetto fixed the chain slap with a yoga mat and some zip ties.

Add some freehub grease to your freehub and you have a silent set up.

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2021 at 6:44 Quote
I have carbon gx spire and have only ridden the bike on some mellow trails so far. Still playing with suspension set up. I am 225 lbs with gear. I have the sag at 30 percent on the super deluxe ultimate but what are people running for rebound and lsc on this shock? Also the bike came with the shock set in the low setting. What setting are most people running low or hi? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Dec 18, 2021 at 11:14 Quote
I'm on high and it feels plenty slack enough and then some for me!

I did note the tech manual says "grease and loctite" the lower shock bolt. I read they come loose so pulled it to check and it had neither so I greased, loctited and torqued it.

Great ride today, out again tomorrow! 8 miles and 1500 feet, mix of easy DH and techy rooty wooded singletrack. Was 1 second off my PB on the DH on my first last, base shock settings and not used to the bike at all. It trucks! Steep seat angle makes it pedal extremely well too.

Posted: Dec 18, 2021 at 12:27 Quote
diggery wrote:
I'm on high and it feels plenty slack enough and then some for me!

I did note the tech manual says "grease and loctite" the lower shock bolt. I read they come loose so pulled it to check and it had neither so I greased, loctited and torqued it.

Great ride today, out again tomorrow! 8 miles and 1500 feet, mix of easy DH and techy rooty wooded singletrack. Was 1 second off my PB on the DH on my first last, base shock settings and not used to the bike at all. It trucks! Steep seat angle makes it pedal extremely well too.

Good to hear you are liking it dude. I ended up at Girsburn instead of Wharny.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014699
Mobile Version of Website