Vancouver Island Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Vancouver Island Group
Posted: Jul 14, 2016 at 8:37 Quote
Going to be there next week

Posted: Jul 16, 2016 at 19:12 Quote
Can we hear from anyone who has been there the last few days? Would appreciate a status report on what you think of the runs. If Bill has been the trail crew boss I'm guessing its pretty good.

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2016 at 21:21 Quote
rockin-itis wrote:
Can we hear from anyone who has been there the last few days? Would appreciate a status report on what you think of the runs. If Bill has been the trail crew boss I'm guessing its pretty good.

From what I've heard it's pretty sweet! I haven't gone but my friends have and they all said they love it. All of them rode it before it closed to and said it's better now.

Posted: Jul 16, 2016 at 22:04 Quote
Thanks for the update! Much appreciated. Im excited to head up this week.

Posted: Jul 18, 2016 at 10:13 Quote
Hey everyone. Moving up to Victoria in the fall for school! I'm super excited to ride a bunch up there and hopefully get to know the community. I currently have a full on DH bike. Would you recommend something smaller for out there? I'm not very familiar with what the island has to offer

Posted: Jul 18, 2016 at 10:55 Quote
busi98 wrote:
Hey everyone. Moving up to Victoria in the fall for school! I'm super excited to ride a bunch up there and hopefully get to know the community. I currently have a full on DH bike. Would you recommend something smaller for out there? I'm not very familiar with what the island has to offer

Last time I rode there it was rough and tumble with some big features. My old V10 was exactly what the doctor ordered. Havent been up yet since the re-opening but will be there this week. I'll post up a review from the chairlift!

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2016 at 12:34 Quote
busi98 wrote:

The Hartland mountain bike park is in Victoria, it's a free to use park that is run by the South Island Mountain Bike Society. It's strictly xc/am, I see the odd person in there with a DH bike but it's not recommend. Bear Mountain has a park going, mostly XC I've heard they are getting ready to open a dh trail. A little further up island about a 45 minute drive north is Tzouhalem, Maple, and Prevost. Tzou is am/xc/"enduro" with a few trails with some big stuff. Sometimes you see people with DH bikes up there. Maple xc/am, Prevost is the shuttle hill. That is most of the good stuff in an hour of Victoria. Washington had just opened its bike park up so there is DH there too.

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2016 at 13:16 Quote
busi98 wrote:

It's enduro or trailbike territory here.
As was mentioned above, we have some dh appropriate trails farther north, but Vic has an insane density of trails suitable for mid travel bikes. An enduro bike can do them all.
Check Trailforks for trails and descriptions.

Posted: Jul 21, 2016 at 12:36 Quote
Getting back into riding, Looking for people that want to ride hartland/broom hill/ etc. Currently on a Trek Remedy 7. Familiar with those two mountains but am open to harbourview, partridge, or anything a bit farther up island. shoot me a message!

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 14:05 Quote
Where can I sleep in my car out in cumberland and not pay camping feessss!!! Help Smile

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 14:29 Quote
Park in a walmart parking lot. Pretty sure they allow overnight parking. Not sure if theres one up there??

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 14:29 Quote
Question for y'all:
Would you pay $80-$100/night to rent a trailer/RV/Minihome at a trail network? AirBnB kinda thing?

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 16:07 Quote
rockin-itis wrote:
Park in a walmart parking lot. Pretty sure they allow overnight parking. Not sure if theres one up there??

Apparently theres a no overnight parking sign Frown

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 22:10 Quote
rockin-itis wrote:

3199 Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 22:12 Quote
rockin-itis wrote:

Apparently theres a no overnight parking sign Cry

I wonder why and when that changed.....I always stop in Walmarts on the road and have a sleep in the back of my truck.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017257
Mobile Version of Website