2022 Norco VLT pics and conversation

PB Forum :: eMTB
2022 Norco VLT pics and conversation
Posted: Feb 26, 2023 at 21:33 Quote
BluntxTrauma wrote:
awesome thanks all! Any recommendations on whether it is worth the extra money for the carbon frame over aluminum? the price difference isnt massive and I can afford both but I live in a winter cold climate and also most of the mtb trails here are almost all rockface/cliff rock gardens, very little dirt, most of the funner more challenging stuff is made of rock so I leaned towards the A1 as I don't crash hard very often but get a lot of dings on my frame from the rock.

Go Aluminium, save the money and do upgrades to the build. Only saving about 1-2 lbs on the frame, will not notice that on a 55 lb bike.

Posted: Feb 27, 2023 at 14:24 Quote
+1 for a Large! I'm 6' maybe 6'1 on a good day, pretty much always been happy on Large bikes and the Sight VLT is no exception.

Haven't ridden an aluminum one and can't find any info about the actual weight difference so hard to say... when I was shopping used I was open to either and just opted for the one I found the best deal on with the best build. Happened to be carbon though which I was stoked on.

Posted: Feb 27, 2023 at 20:08 Quote
Awesome, thanks for the insights all. I ended up getting the Sight VLT C2 as they didn't have the A1 where I live and said norco wouldn't be able to get it to them until October.. any how very excited about my purchase this will be my first carbon and first emtb. I'll surely post pictures of it when it arrives! I'd love to hear about any one who has made some key upgrades to their C2. Especially how upgrading the fork works. I have never had a 1.8 tapered steerer tube before, are they easy to find? does norco have parts if you want to put the 1.5" fox forks on?

FL
Posted: Feb 28, 2023 at 14:29 Quote
Put it this way.

My XL A1 range is outside the Park Tool bike scale. (only goes to 28kg) it came up with "ERR" on the screen lol Smile

I'd guess it's 30kg.

That's Double down front and rear, cushcore in back, 38's and DHX2.

If the bike was closer to 25kg It would be so good, my old Merida E-MTB was 22kg and that was fantastic.

Posted: Mar 1, 2023 at 23:41 Quote
would having the front suspension at 170mm on the sight ( stock 160mm)
mess the geometry up badly?

Posted: Mar 2, 2023 at 1:13 Quote
BluntxTrauma wrote:
I own a 2019 27.5 Vlt sight…. Its been through list of mods…. The HA came as 66* with the stock 160mm pike… l replaced fork with a 170mm lyric ended up noticeable and improving to what l was out to achieving…. Eventually bumped it to 180mm…. As a result from an original trail bike feel…. It paces as capable to push boundaries confidently tilted towards enduro…. I had also replaced the rear to a coil ext…. this to has made vast handling improvements.

Posted: Mar 2, 2023 at 1:31 Quote
Eagledeez wrote:
BluntxTrauma wrote:
I own a 2019 27.5 Vlt sight…. Its been through list of mods…. The HA came as 66* with the stock 160mm pike… l replaced fork with a 170mm lyric ended up noticeable and improving to what l was out to achieving…. Eventually bumped it to 180mm…. As a result from an original trail bike feel…. It paces as capable to push boundaries confidently tilted towards enduro…. I had also replaced the rear to a coil ext…. this to has made vast handling improvements.

Awesome Thank you! my C2 comes with a very nice fork but I was think around the time that my Lyrik and Super deluxe need servicing I would pick up a Fox 38 and dhx ( maybe a coil would be awesome too.) Did you increase the travel on the rear shock?

Posted: Mar 2, 2023 at 9:01 Quote
Eagledeez wrote:
BluntxTrauma wrote:

Completely different bike… the new Sight VLT has a 64* HA. Already quite slack, I didn’t want to go any slacker so when I upgraded to a 38 I stuck with 160mm and have been very happy with that.

As for steerer tubes, they’re all tapered now. Unless I missed some revolution to bring back straight 1.5s?

FL
Posted: Mar 2, 2023 at 13:30 Quote
Eagledeez wrote:
BluntxTrauma wrote:

Will be fine. Unladen it will be 0.4 degree slacker and raise the BB a couple of mm.

With you on the bike, the difference will be neglible at sag.

For example, at 20% sag
160mm = 128mm of travel remaining or 32mm sag
170mm = 136mm of travel remaining or 34mm sag

*disclaimer, above for calculation only, don't run an e-mtb at 20% sag lol.

Posted: Mar 2, 2023 at 15:41 Quote
venturavin wrote:
Eagledeez wrote:
BluntxTrauma wrote:

Completely different bike… the new Sight VLT has a 64* HA. Already quite slack, I didn’t want to go any slacker so when I upgraded to a 38 I stuck with 160mm and have been very happy with that.

As for steerer tubes, they’re all tapered now. Unless I missed some revolution to bring back straight 1.5s?

In the parts info. It says the fork is 1.8" tapered. Will a 1.5" tapered just fit the no problem or do I need one in 1.8" or a converter crown race? I've never had a 1.8" tapered fork before.

FL
Posted: Mar 2, 2023 at 16:42 Quote
you will need a crown race that will work between the headset bearing and your steerer tube.

Posted: Mar 2, 2023 at 17:00 Quote
Brasher wrote:
you will need a crown race that will work between the headset bearing and your steerer tube.

Sweet thanks!

Posted: Mar 3, 2023 at 1:21 Quote
Brasher wrote:
Eagledeez wrote:
BluntxTrauma wrote:

Will be fine. Unladen it will be 0.4 degree slacker and raise the BB a couple of mm.

For example, at 20% sag

Posted: Mar 3, 2023 at 1:22 Quote
Brasher wrote:
Eagledeez wrote:
BluntxTrauma wrote:

For example, at 20% sag

Posted: Mar 3, 2023 at 1:26 Quote
venturavin wrote:
Eagledeez wrote:
BluntxTrauma wrote:

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026624
Mobile Version of Website