2.4 tires on a Carbon Smuggler?

PB Forum :: Transition
2.4 tires on a Carbon Smuggler?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2022 at 13:32 Quote
I want to get some quicker rolling tires and a lot of tires are 2.4 Size.

Before I spend the money will the .10 be a deal breaker?

Posted: Mar 28, 2022 at 16:47 Quote
hi i have a carbon smuggler form 2018 and i run a wtb trail boss 2.4 on the rear and clearance is fine even with extra thick frame protection tape on top of the invisiframe tape (cos im a tart and like to look after my paint). it rolls decently good too. i got the tanwall option to save weight. i allso have a 2.5 wtb vigilante up front which works really well although hat doesnt roll so good as its more for all out traction but for a rather agressive tyre its very decent. i run the fast rolling light casings and they have stood up fine to black trails in north wales and been round cwmcarn bike park. for reference i have raceface ar27 offset rims.....just thought i would mention it in case you are running some super wide rims as then this may give less clearance on the sides where normal the height clearance on the seatstay bridge is the normal concern

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2022 at 16:52 Quote
The bike has Stan’s Arch MK3’s. From looking at the Stan’s website there an older version but they will hold a 2.4 tire.

I found a new set of Rekons on a buy and sell website so I think I will pick them up.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2022 at 4:55 Quote
I actually went back through the Transition bikes archive and it says 2.4 is maximum. Should be good and I am looking at less aggressive tires.

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2022 at 14:22 Quote
I popped two 2.4 Maxxis Rekon’s on with tons of space!

Thank you!

Posted: Apr 28, 2022 at 18:13 Quote
We have a customer with a carbon Smuggler. He likes Conti Trail Kings. 2.4 fit fine but anything wider rubs.

O+ FL
Posted: May 3, 2022 at 17:52 Quote
The Rekon 2.4 fits my carbon Smuggler with plenty of room on a DT471 rim.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010356
Mobile Version of Website