31.8 carbon handlebar recommendation for enduro riding

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
31.8 carbon handlebar recommendation for enduro riding
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 18:30 Quote
Anyone have any good recommendations for a carbon bar?
I do a lot of enduro riding and jumps
Let me know

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 23:36 Quote
I really like my Nukeproof Horizon carbon bar. 31.8 dia.
Come in 3 different rise options.

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 0:47 Quote
Im eyeing up the Nukeproof Horizon carbon bar 31.8 for my stumpy evo. Looks aesome great reviews. Cant decide on rise 25mm or 38mm. Wish they made a 30mm.

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 16:59 Quote
Chromag cutless 35mm rise

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 9:28 Quote
One up is better than any 31.8 or 35

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 15:17 Quote
englertracing wrote:
One up is better than any 31.8 or 35

I have the Oneup, it's a good bar, it's fairly comfortable yet has great steering stiffness...however I do think it is overated in terms of compliance. I do think it's a great bar in that it is comfortable for a 35mm bar and has stiff precise steering but it certainly is not more comfortable than some 31.8mm carbon bars...what it is, is a well balanced bar that does what it says on the tin and takes the best attributes of 31.8 and 35, in this regard it's a great bar. But if outright comfort is what you want there is definitely more comfortable 31.8 bars out there than the 35mm oneup. Don't buy into the vertical compliance marketing, if you want to see what true vertical compliance is buy some cheapo 20 quid China made ec90 carbon bars off Ebay, those things are at least twice as vertically compliant as Oneups...though maybe you wouldn't want to do more than trail riding with them. I'm pretty sure even my previous 35mm Renthal Fatbar Lites may have been more comfortable than the Oneups too on my last bike, but it's hard to remember and say for sure. If anything the first thing I noticed with the Oneups is the sturdiness in the steering way before I noticed any extra compliance, in fact I don't even know if there is any extra compliance. I'm sure there is much worse harsher feeling bars out there than the Oneups but I'm almost certain the Oneups are definitely not the most compliant bars on the market regardless what reviews, marketing, people, lab tests say...as I say I have some cheapo Ebay ec90 31.8 bars here that I used temporarily on my new build until I decided what bar and stem I wanted and fell for the marketing and abundant positive reviews of buyers expecting some miracle bar that feels like I have 20mm more travel (it doesn't)...those ec90s put the One ups to shame in terms of vibration and even impact damping, but they are feather weight flexy chinese carbon and wouldn't dare do DH with them... but the point I'm making is more compliant bars certainly do exist and I'm not even sure the Oneup in practice feels any more if even as comfortable as a Renthal Lite. Also had a Horizon bar in alloy, imo that has a better sweep and just generally better ergonomics than the Oneup...I immediately felt wrist strain even just holding the oneup bar after I took it put the packet relative to the Horizon bar...I'm used to the bar now as I have had it on the bike a good few months but the horizons imo have a better feel in terms of geo. If I had to bet, the 31.8 Horizon in carbon will feel more comfortable than the Oneup in both ergonomics and compliance, though I'm pretty sure it won't feel as stiff and precise in steering as the Oneup.
What I like about the Oneup though is the increased steering precision, I thought I just wanted comfort, I never realised I wanted/needed more steering stiffness until I actually tried it, so for this reason I'm keeping the Oneups on there.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 15:41 Quote
Wow, you think renthals are comfortable.
I found them unridable a year after breaking my wrist. Horrible bars.

One-up and my stock pivot carbon bars, and some spank vibrocores were all in a way different league than the renthals.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 15:53 Quote
Renthal Lites not regular Renthals..the regular ones are stiff as hell

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 18:00 Quote
Burgtec or HOPE.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006930
Mobile Version of Website