Bleed port screw O-ring for formula cura

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Bleed port screw O-ring for formula cura
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 1:52 Quote
Does anybody know what size the o-ring is for a formula cura bleed port? They've all perished on mine and you can only buy the screw and o-ring together as a spare for £10 each. I need 4 (maybe even 6) as there are 2 ports on the lever (top and bottom) and one on the caliper.

Seems so wasteful when only the o-ring needs replacing. I can't measure mine because they're completely mangled.

this is the fomula spare parts code for the whole screw and seal. FD40274-20

Thanks in advance.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 13:20 Quote
Spangle123 wrote:
Does anybody know what size the o-ring is for a formula cura bleed port? They've all perished on mine and you can only buy the screw and o-ring together as a spare for £10 each. I need 4 (maybe even 6) as there are 2 ports on the lever (top and bottom) and one on the caliper.

Seems so wasteful when only the o-ring needs replacing. I can't measure mine because they're completely mangled.

this is the fomula spare parts code for the whole screw and seal. FD40274-20

Thanks in advance.

I measured a couple of spare bleed screws with o-rings attached that I have in my parts bin and they are 5mm OD x 4.7mm ID x 1mm thick/cross-section.

The ID is a bit misleading on the bleed screw and they are tricky to get off the screw without wrecking them.

Closest standard metric size I can find is 5mm x 3mm x 1mm or 4.7mm x 2.7mm x 1mm.

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 6:18 Quote
Thank you so much mate! top man.

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2023 at 19:53 Quote
Mine were all 3mm ID and 1mm cross-section

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2023 at 9:05 Quote
Spangle123 wrote:

Did you go with 5x3x1mm or 4.7x2.7x1mm and did it work?
I can no longer measure my o-rings, since theyre so chewed up.

Posted: Sep 20, 2023 at 6:08 Quote
endoplasmicreticulum wrote:
Spangle123 wrote:

Did you go with 5x3x1mm or 4.7x2.7x1mm and did it work?
I can no longer measure my o-rings, since theyre so chewed up.

I went for 1mm cross section 3mm bore. They looked about right but I still haven't actually fitted them yet. They're ready to go when the brakes do get re-bled, which is long overdue to be fair. Just haven't had the time.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018022
Mobile Version of Website