Coil on a YT jeffsy?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 12, 2023 at 15:07 Quote
I have a 2019 YT Jeffsy CF pro 27 and I have the original shock on there. It’s the rock shock deluxe rt3.

I’ve been thinking about putting a coil on it for small bump compliance bc rn with the current shock it’s not great. But I really don’t want to loose the poppy and playful nature of the jeffsy. Thoughts? I do a lot of jumping ( that’s the main thing I ride ) but also have been getting more into DH.

The other option is to just upgrade to a new air shock like the super deluxe ultimate or something.

Thoughts?

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2023 at 22:00 Quote
From what I can tell the bike seems to have pretty high progressiveness so I'd say go for it. If its not poppy enough try a progressive spring.

FL
Posted: Feb 17, 2023 at 5:27 Quote
ridingbiking wrote:
I have a 2019 YT Jeffsy CF pro 27 and I have the original shock on there. It’s the rock shock deluxe rt3.

I’ve been thinking about putting a coil on it for small bump compliance bc rn with the current shock it’s not great. But I really don’t want to loose the poppy and playful nature of the jeffsy. Thoughts? I do a lot of jumping ( that’s the main thing I ride ) but also have been getting more into DH.

The other option is to just upgrade to a new air shock like the super deluxe ultimate or something.

Thoughts?

A coil shock won't affect pop at all. Coil is not progressive at the end of the travel. I doubt you sit at 80% of your travel when jumping off lips. So go for it. I'd recommend asking around Ohlins local service centers if they do rebuilds and then buying some beat up TTX from some kid who bought a specialized. Ohlins Shocks are very VERY rebuildable and you can buy near dead ones pretty cheap.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008857
Mobile Version of Website