Hi just wondering if anyone has been through this.
I need a +40 post mount adapter for my dominion caliper to go from 180 to 220, but can't find one that doesn't hit the body of the brake under the piston.
Shimano, Sram, Magura are all a no-go. Hayes don't make one.
Has anyone tried the Hope HBMM adapter? Top right:
For anyone's future reference, The Magura +20mm post mount adapter (model QM40) does fit the dominion, but the QM43 and QM45, which are the +40 and +43 adapters do not.
Hi just wondering if anyone has been through this.
I need a +40 post mount adapter for my dominion caliper to go from 180 to 220, but can't find one that doesn't hit the body of the brake under the piston.
Shimano, Sram, Magura are all a no-go. Hayes don't make one.
Has anyone tried the Hope HBMM adapter? Top right:
For anyone's future reference, The Magura +20mm post mount adapter (model QM40) does fit the dominion, but the QM43 and QM45, which are the +40 and +43 adapters do not.
North Shore Billet makes brake adapters that work well with Hayes, I run them. Follow the link below and under adapter size click 40mm or 43mm.
One thing to note, the adapter will bolt to the fork with 20mm low profile bolts/button head bolts (need low profile to fit under the Hayes caliper). Then, the caliper will bolt to the adapter with another set of 20mm bolts. North Shore Billet sells these, but I also found standard Hayes caliper mounting bolts to work. See the photo below.
i would go to your lbs and explain your situation and try out all of the adapters they have. I would also try to find a different bolt/remove any washers
Hey! For the front on a PM180 FOX 36, a Shimano 203 adapter PM clears the Dominion with plenty of extra space, On the rear I ended up with Magura QM 40 as well
AgrAde wrote:
Hi just wondering if anyone has been through this.
I need a +40 post mount adapter for my dominion caliper to go from 180 to 220, but can't find one that doesn't hit the body of the brake under the piston.
Shimano, Sram, Magura are all a no-go. Hayes don't make one.
Has anyone tried the Hope HBMM adapter? Top right:
For anyone's future reference, The Magura +20mm post mount adapter (model QM40) does fit the dominion, but the QM43 and QM45, which are the +40 and +43 adapters do not.
I used Hope HBMM adapters (+40) with plenty clearance. In a pinch you can file down a sram +20 to make it work but looks kinda ugly and is a bit of work tho.
Hi just wondering if anyone has been through this.
I need a +40 post mount adapter for my dominion caliper to go from 180 to 220, but can't find one that doesn't hit the body of the brake under the piston.
Shimano, Sram, Magura are all a no-go. Hayes don't make one.
Has anyone tried the Hope HBMM adapter? Top right:
For anyone's future reference, The Magura +20mm post mount adapter (model QM40) does fit the dominion, but the QM43 and QM45, which are the +40 and +43 adapters do not.
North Shore Billet makes brake adapters that work well with Hayes, I run them. Follow the link below and under adapter size click 40mm or 43mm.
One thing to note, the adapter will bolt to the fork with 20mm low profile bolts/button head bolts (need low profile to fit under the Hayes caliper). Then, the caliper will bolt to the adapter with another set of 20mm bolts. North Shore Billet sells these, but I also found standard Hayes caliper mounting bolts to work. See the photo below.
Based on your photo it looks like you are running Dominions on 180mm fox post mount with 200mm SRAM HS2 rotor using the +20mm from NSB, do I have that all correct? I am trying to do the exact same thing. Thanks
Hi just wondering if anyone has been through this.
I need a +40 post mount adapter for my dominion caliper to go from 180 to 220, but can't find one that doesn't hit the body of the brake under the piston.
Shimano, Sram, Magura are all a no-go. Hayes don't make one.
Has anyone tried the Hope HBMM adapter? Top right:
For anyone's future reference, The Magura +20mm post mount adapter (model QM40) does fit the dominion, but the QM43 and QM45, which are the +40 and +43 adapters do not.
North Shore Billet makes brake adapters that work well with Hayes, I run them. Follow the link below and under adapter size click 40mm or 43mm.
One thing to note, the adapter will bolt to the fork with 20mm low profile bolts/button head bolts (need low profile to fit under the Hayes caliper). Then, the caliper will bolt to the adapter with another set of 20mm bolts. North Shore Billet sells these, but I also found standard Hayes caliper mounting bolts to work. See the photo below.
Based on your photo it looks like you are running Dominions on 180mm fox post mount with 200mm SRAM HS2 rotor using the +20mm from NSB, do I have that all correct? I am trying to do the exact same thing. Thanks