Powered by Outside

Whistler vs. Northstar, CA?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Whistler vs. Northstar, CA?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 31, 2023 at 14:10 Quote
I've road Northstar bike park (I usually go one day per year) but have never been to Whistler. I was considering going to Whistler sometime in August, but I'm realizing that I'm probably not good enough to ride many of the infamous trails: I come from a trail background and I case/overshoot a lot of the big features when I ride Northstar. Provided that I'm not even proficient at my local bike park, I question whether I should make the journey to B.C.

Should I become proficient at Northstar (which is cheaper, closer to me, and has shorter lines) before I make the trip to Whistler? Would I even be able to enjoy Whistler if I go now?

On the other hand, I feel that, realistically, I'm not going to get significantly better than I am now, and Whistler seems really, really special. If I go for 3+ days, I may even get comfortable enough to ride bigger stuff.

...Curious if anyone can weigh in on this. Is Whistler worth going to even if I'm not a great big feature rider?

Thanks!

Posted: May 31, 2023 at 14:11 Quote
Second question: If I manage to go to Whistler during the week, are lift lines significantly shorter? I've heard horror stories about wait times there, which isn't really a thing at Northstar.

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2023 at 10:41 Quote
If you look on Trailforks the top 5 trails are all Blue trails, with A-Line coming in at #6. Whistler will be an absolute blast even if its your first time on a bike. First time I ever rode a mtb was at whistler with a rental circa 2007.

Its not an experts only mountain. The vibe and hype on biking there makes the trip worthwhile by itself even if you didnt go into the bikepark.

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2023 at 20:29 Quote
pompousROb wrote:
If you look on Trailforks the top 5 trails are all Blue trails, with A-Line coming in at #6. Whistler will be an absolute blast even if its your first time on a bike. First time I ever rode a mtb was at whistler with a rental circa 2007.

Its not an experts only mountain. The vibe and hype on biking there makes the trip worthwhile by itself even if you didnt go into the bikepark.

Well that list was not quite what i expected!

My first ever time on a mtb was in Whistler Bike Park. Ate absolute shit on Crack Addict and the A line rock drop (did not know what i was getting into at the time).

Definitely worth the trip. Park is mint, pedal trails are mint. you wont regret it.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021795
Mobile Version of Website