Powered by Outside

Moab on emtb?

PB Forum :: eMTB
Moab on emtb?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 22, 2024 at 11:46 Quote
has anyone ridden their Emtb in Moab? I know they are not allowed on most of the mtb trails, but how strict are they? Going there on a vacation and would like to do a day in Moab with my bike. I am the only one in my group currently riding one and would like to ride with my group.

Posted: Jan 22, 2024 at 12:23 Quote
Try this site. Some places allow e-bikes.
https://www.discovermoab.com/ebikes/

Posted: Jan 23, 2024 at 10:56 Quote
francine wrote:
has anyone ridden their Emtb in Moab? I know they are not allowed on most of the mtb trails, but how strict are they? Going there on a vacation and would like to do a day in Moab with my bike. I am the only one in my group currently riding one and would like to ride with my group.

Short answer: hahaha, no.

Long answer: if you're there for a day, the only real trail e-bikes (and the other motos) are allowed on is slickrock - still a fun ride. You'd also be allowed on fire roads and other motor-designated trails. You would catch the same fine/citation as you would for poaching mtb trails on a dirtbike. Most likely, you'll just catch flack from other riders for poaching trails.

Plenty of rental places in town to get a mountain bike if you want to ride on the actual trails.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2024 at 14:57 Quote
There's actually a lot of riding to be done on an ebike in Moab (it's one of the motorized capitals of the southwest, it seems)--they have rental shops that specifically cater to emtbs, in fact. Slickrock is super fun. The Court House area (M&M trail) is a cool, open area that is a free for all and a hoot. Sovereign is super fun on an emtb too. As for riding the trails that say not to, I'm sure there are consequences, but like someone else already said, you're more likely to get the stink eye from mtbers than law enforcement. If you want to roll the dice and have confrontations, go with the rest of the mtb crowd is there in the spring and fall. Additionally, when I was down there, I saw more people on emtbs than regular bikes.

Posted: Jan 25, 2024 at 17:52 Quote
PC and Moab have ebike violations as a class B misdemeanor (same as criminal trespass or assault). Up to 180 days in prison, up to $1000 fine. If you’re disabled (or old) you can get a placard and ride e-bikes on singletrack wherever you want, at least up in PC.

PC had days last year where they turn away e-bikers and hand out tickets.

Again, sure you can roll the dice and hope you just get belittled by the other riders, and know that you’re being a POS. Moab and the surrounding areas have had lots of land pull access due to SXS use (lowers the barrier to entry on trails that a very built jeep would go slowly on). Ebikes are already illegal on the MTB trails, so don’t be the one poaching real mtb trails and ruining it for anyone else.

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2024 at 7:19 Quote
You just have to look at the trail maps and probably ask local shops. Anything on Utah State Park lands is 100% legal (class I). This includes Dead Horse Point—not exactly Moab but close. And if you want to venture onto less popular mtb trails there are other options. Anywhere Jeeps and dirt bikes are allowed.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006371
Mobile Version of Website