Santa Cruz bullit 2024 Dead after 2 ride

PB Forum :: eMTB
Santa Cruz bullit 2024 Dead after 2 ride
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 27, 2024 at 13:16 Quote
Wow am I surprised
Got a bullit , rode it once in the mud and moved it. Bike was great

Took it home and washed it. Tried to ride next day and motor making a nasty crunching sound

Really makes me question shimano

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2024 at 21:35 Quote
Sounds like you rode it IN the mud. Like submerged. Did you contact the dealer?

Posted: Apr 2, 2024 at 15:14 Quote
gnarlysipes wrote:
Sounds like you rode it IN the mud. Like submerged. Did you contact the dealer?

Or maybe,

captain-electron wrote:
Took it home and washed it.

Pressure-washed it overzealously?

Posted: Apr 3, 2024 at 18:05 Quote
captain-electron wrote:
Wow am I surprised

Took it home and washed it. Tried to ride next day and motor making a nasty crunching sound

Pull the battery and clean the connections. Think about not blasting the bike with water. I dry wash my bike. Get a big stiff brush, let the mud dry, then brush it off. Use auto detailing spray on the frame.

Posted: Apr 4, 2024 at 14:52 Quote
mustclime wrote:
captain-electron wrote:
Wow am I surprised

Pull the battery and clean the connections. Think about not blasting the bike with water. I dry wash my bike. Get a big stiff brush, let the mud dry, then brush it off. Use auto detailing spray on the frame.

This ^.

Posted: Apr 4, 2024 at 17:29 Quote
Dirty battery terminals don’t have anything to do with a crunch sound in the motor

I didn’t pressure wash it. It was a hose like a normal bike wash. And if you can’t ride an e-bike in the mud and wash it , that is pretty rediculous especially at $10k and I won’t ride one anymore

Posted: Apr 4, 2024 at 17:38 Quote
captain-electron wrote:
Dirty battery terminals don’t have anything to do with a crunch sound in the motor

I didn’t pressure wash it. It was a hose like a normal bike wash. And if you can’t ride an e-bike in the mud and wash it , that is pretty rediculous especially at $10k and I won’t ride one anymore

Mine gets muddy and wet frequently. Shouldn’t be an issue, you’re right.

Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 10:28 Quote
I have covered my ep8 in mud and hosed it off many times without issue. Sounds like a defective motor, which is a huge nuisance for sure, but they should sort it out with warranty for sure. Hopefully you don't see too much down time.

Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 12:45 Quote
Yep, sounds like it's time to get acquainted with the warranty person at your LBS.

Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 17:11 Quote
captain-electron wrote:

You are sounding like a troll, how do you know the “crunching sound” is in the motor if it won’t turn on? Since you blasted the bike with water, maybe check your chain, muddy rusty chains can be pretty crunchy. Take your chain off the front chain ring( I think the bullet has a chain guide so pull that) and spin the cranks an move the chain ring. If these are crunchy, then yes, see a dealer…. If not, service your chain.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 20:25 Quote
barp wrote:
Yep, sounds like it's time to get acquainted with the warranty person at your LBS.

Strongly agree.

If it sounds like the motor is spinning up when you pedal, but no power coming out, that happened to me. 3 days at the shop waiting for a new unit and it's been fine since then - 3 years and 1600 miles ago (lowish mileage due to two kids arriving in that period)

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007928
Mobile Version of Website