RST Storm !?!?!

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
RST Storm !?!?!
Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 18:01 Quote
krazer wrote:
How do you purchase, and was that price in C.A.D, or U.S.D?

Im pretty sure it's USD.

When your looking at the specs of the fork, theres a button at the bottom of the page that says "Buy Now"

Currently the item is out of stock, so your out of luck for now. I heard they will be in stock again on the 18th, not 100% sure on that though.

Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
krazer wrote:
Whats QBP, haha. And Im not shure which shops in Calgary carry them
i think youll have to get your lbs to order them in, most lbs in england can get any part so id expect the same in canada

Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 18:05 Quote
You can pre-order the fork though.

"Storm forks are currently out of stock. You may pre-order a Storm fork now, and it will ship out the day of arrival."

Either way, you won't be able to get your bike shop to order them because they are out of stock right now.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 11:06 Quote
You would be much better off buying a used 66RC2X. Although the RST isn't a horrible fork, it's overpriced for what you get.

The damper is just a simple ported orifice design, almost identical to Marzocchi's Drop Off series forks. Would you spend $400 on a Drop Off?

The fork will be fine for slow riding and the occasional one hit wonder drop, but if you plan on doing and high speed riding through the rough the fork will spike (become completely rigid) due to the oil not being able to get through the orifice fast enough.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 11:08 Quote
stick with your Junior T!!!

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 11:15 Quote
jibberjabber wrote:
stick with your Junior T!!!

If he already has a JR T then he's just wasting his money. They use essentially the same damper.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 11:16 Quote
Damco distributing carry rst and u will be able to get one of these higher end forks.although the prices seem out of wack since last year the rst alfa t was
1200$ in damco catalogue. one things for sure, rst is comming back, thats why a lab is investing their stock bikes with rst forks. rst was once the highest end fork available, but that was in the early 90s wen dual crowns first hit the seen, although the rst dual crown for that time nearly out did marzocchi sales until marzochi camme out with more of an assortment of suspension forks for certain needs aswell as more evolved dampning and a combined style of air forks such as manitous first air forks era.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 11:18 Quote
So, I still think he should should stick with his fork,i have one, and LOVE it!!!

Posted: Jul 13, 2009 at 9:30 Quote
-pie- wrote:
rst= R.eally S.hitty T.echnology

Im not disagreeing with you because RST are not going to be great. You guys should know that all lowers for Fox Forks including the Fox 40 are made by Sr Suntour which i believe owns RST - Fox forks are still the dong so nice!

Posted: Jul 13, 2009 at 9:41 Quote
neon-freerider wrote:
This is the best RST fork that they have made, its not that bad of a fork. Not like a Gila. Its along the same lines as the Space, and there R1 DH fork. Trust me, these forks are good.
space's suck. i had one. broke in a couple monthes. RST=FAIL

Posted: Nov 25, 2009 at 8:56 Quote
how much do they cost and can you get them in this country? (being UK)

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 5:18 Quote
RaleighVoid wrote:

yes, you can get them in the uk, I have a set, deffinately recommened!

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 6:20 Quote
ride-your-bike wrote:
it was on my wolverine a while back i think it was the gila
I work at a shop in st Thomas and if you are talking about the fork that came with your bike the RST that was on your norco is a way diffrent fork I have used the fork he is talking about I even was looking for one my self for a bit RST makes some sweet real high end forks and they make shit forks like the one you had dont diss stuff you know f-all about

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 8:24 Quote
ooooohh-YEAH wrote:
RaleighVoid wrote:

yeh mate i think ive seen them Smile how much were they and did you get them new?

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 9:35 Quote
RaleighVoid wrote:
ooooohh-YEAH wrote:
RaleighVoid wrote:

yeh mate i think ive seen them Smile how much were they and did you get them new?

I go them new but i cant really remember the price. sorry

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.051348
Mobile Version of Website