how many trails closed/how long the lift lines during crankworx?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
how many trails closed/how long the lift lines during crankworx?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 at 9:55 Quote
I'm thinking of going Aug 15-17 with friends who've never ridden whistler, and want to ride and see some competition. Good idea or too swamped for ridin?

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 15:02 Quote
doconnor wrote:
anybody^?
apparently not.

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 15:08 Quote
a line is closed down for most of the week and the upper lift is closed all week for dh racing and shleyer is usluuly clossed all week for racing same with lower whislar dh!!!! dont go if you plan on good rideing!!!

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 15:19 Quote
its not to to bad but you cant expect all the trails to be open, and its busy as all hell most of the time. The line for the lower lift is always a good 30-40 minute wait, and the upper chair is usually closed, if i were you id try to make it for the last two days and stay for at least 4 days in total. That way you can absorb some of the crankworx atmosphere and then after its over you basically have all of whistler to yourself as the crowds leave with the competition.

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 15:21 Quote
It depends when you ride, if you start when the lifts open at 9:00 you walk right on until about 11:00-12:00 because everyone's too hung over

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 15:25 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
a line is closed down for most of the week and the upper lift is closed all week for dh racing and shleyer is usluuly clossed all week for racing same with lower whislar dh!!!! dont go if you plan on good rideing!!!
A-line is practically closed ONLY for Air DH, Schleyer is hardly ever closed(if it even is at all), Garbanzo lift isn't closed as far as I know either. I've been to Crankworx and trust me, the riding is great.

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 20:51 Quote
sumas-shredder wrote:
dher0521 wrote:
A-line is practically closed ONLY for Air DH, Schleyer is hardly ever closed(if it even is at all), Garbanzo lift isn't closed as far as I know either. I've been to Crankworx and trust me, the riding is great.
^^ Yep, that about sums it up. And no the Garbanzo lift isn't closed, unless it is only open for competitors during the races on Freight Train. The lift lines aren't the greatest but it isn't really all that bad. Maybe like 15 minutes wait maximum... And when I was there they were handing out free Monster energy drinks tup You should definitely go, I can pretty much guarantee you'll have a good time.

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 22:09 Quote
Demo-250 wrote:
sumas-shredder wrote:
dher0521 wrote:
^^ Yep, that about sums it up. And no the Garbanzo lift isn't closed, unless it is only open for competitors during the races on Freight Train. The lift lines aren't the greatest but it isn't really all that bad. Maybe like 15 minutes wait maximum... And when I was there they were handing out free Monster energy drinks tup You should definitely go, I can pretty much guarantee you'll have a good time.
Ya no joke I had so many monsters last year. it was like, get two from the tent, drink one in the line one on the lift lol, I had to PEEEEEEE

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 11:36 Quote
great info, muchas gracias.

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 11:48 Quote
sumas-shredder wrote:
Ya no joke I had so many monsters last year. it was like, get two from the tent, drink one in the line one on the lift lol, I had to PEEEEEEE

You can't buy Monsters in England so when I was in canada earlier this year I was just like, yes, we have to buy some now! they are so nice!

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 9:52 Quote
any update on this
thanks

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011815
Mobile Version of Website