A couple of questions about boxxer forks...

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
A couple of questions about boxxer forks...
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 3:54 Quote
1. how bad is the reliability of the WC actually? I keep on hearing the most atrocious stories from my lbs but I never had a problem in over a year. I'm under the impression it's a lot of hear-say...

2. do 2005 springs fit post 2006 models? i.e. would a 2005 titanium wc spring fit a 2007 boxxer team

3. provided I upgrade the cartridge in a boxxer with a BOS one, there is no difference whether i get the RACE or the TEAM? correct? just checking....

thanks for any input!

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 10:10 Quote
1: The new Boxxer WC is possibly THE greatest fork on the market, if your lbs is talking about the new one Boxxers I would slap them all. However the earlier models ie (2004ish and before) have had problems with seals. The major turn off was that they would always leak if not serviced regularly, and i would say that 90% of people who bought them didnt take proper care of their fork. The new Boxxers dont have these problems, but that isnt to say that you shouldent take care of it, i service mine about once a month during the season and i have had NO problems at all, ever.

2: Im not 100% sure on that, im pretty sure that they would but call up rock shox for a definite answer.

3: The Team has more external adjustments than the Race. If you put the new cartridge in the team fork you would get the same performance aspects of the black box speed stack, but less adjustability as the Team comes with high and low speed compression adjustments. All that means is that you would have to take some time playing with your fork internals finding the right ride for you if you got the race.

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
Like he said, older Boxxers had HORRIBLE seals. Even brand new seals would leak and for many riders this left such a bad impression that it's hard to think well of the new Boxxers. I know people say they are okay now but I just couldn't bring myself to buy one. Because my old 888 was foolproof I got a newer one of those instead. Makes no sense but bad memories are hard to get over.

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 12:11 Quote
theweapon52 wrote:

*SNIP

3: The Team has more external adjustments than the Race. If you put the new cartridge in the team fork you would get the same performance aspects of the black box speed stack, but less adjustability as the Team comes with high and low speed compression adjustments. All that means is that you would have to take some time playing with your fork internals finding the right ride for you if you got the race.

you're missing the point. i don't want rockshox adjustments. i want to change the whole right internals for a BOS cartridge which is undoubtly better than any rockshox internals. hence my question is whether the left internals are any different between a team and a race.

I am talking about a 07 boxxer world cup in Q1

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 14:10 Quote
undercoverfreak wrote:
theweapon52 wrote:

*SNIP

you're missing the point. i don't want rockshox adjustments. i want to change the whole right internals for a BOS cartridge which is undoubtly better than any rockshox internals. hence my question is whether the left internals are any different between a team and a race.

I am talking about a 07 boxxer world cup in Q1

Oh ok well then no, there is no major difference between the two, just check the sram site to see the absolute details. AS for your lbs i would ask them what the problem was because all the guys at the shop i work at ride one, and none of us would consider riding anything else, we swear by it. Like i said as with any fork even if its 500 dollars or 2500 dollars, if you take care of it like you should, you will not have any problems with your new purchase.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009609
Mobile Version of Website