The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
O+
Posted: May 27, 2021 at 16:45 Quote
Basically means they're opening unless for some reason the government changes their mind and enforces new restrictions

O+
Posted: May 31, 2021 at 12:49 Quote
Question for the locals: Are people required to wear masks outdoors in the village?

I noticed on the Whistler website it says folks need to wear them in the line-ups and when unloading. As well as indoors/shops etc.

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 12:55 Quote
Ride report from today? Line ups look absolutely insane.

O+
Posted: May 31, 2021 at 12:58 Quote
srh2 wrote:
Question for the locals: Are people required to wear masks outdoors in the village?

I noticed on the Whistler website it says folks need to wear them in the line-ups and when unloading. As well as indoors/shops etc.

Masks required in line ups, gondolas and getting off lifts for WB. Everywhere else in the village is fine with no mask, unless otherwise stated by the owner.

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 14:24 Quote
Zaeius wrote:

Dirt is prime. Trailcrew did a bangup job. Lineups are long. All the way past Lululemon. No singles lineup at present. Everyone in the line is chill though and happy.

Should be better middle of the week. Opening Day is always busy.

Props to WB for getting this rolling

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 14:47 Quote
do you have to ride the chairlift only with ppl that you came with? (even if outdoors and masked up and vaccinated?)

Brake bumps on heart of darkness yet? LOL.

O+
Posted: May 31, 2021 at 14:51 Quote
leelau wrote:
Zaeius wrote:

Dirt is prime. Trailcrew did a bangup job. Lineups are long. All the way past Lululemon. No singles lineup at present. Everyone in the line is chill though and happy.

I don't think there was a singles line at all last year either.

Lines sure would move faster if singles could double up and ride at either end of the chair

O+
Posted: May 31, 2021 at 15:35 Quote
djyosh wrote:
leelau wrote:
Zaeius wrote:

I don't think there was a singles line at all last year either.

Lines sure would move faster if singles could double up and ride at either end of the chair

There is a singles line but it only starts at the scan gates. It doesn't really provide enough time for another single to make it in. Rules say that singles can double up and sit at opposite ends of the chair.

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 15:56 Quote
leelau wrote:
Opening Day is always busy.

This is the first opening day I have missed in 8+ years. They have been getting progressively busier over the years but never 1.5 hours and a line past Lululemon. That is crazy. Glad work forced me to hold off until later this week.

Hopefully they get the singles line a bit more sorted so they can increase the efficiency.

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 16:24 Quote
Is the tech section the only part of Aline open at the moment?

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 18:24 Quote
If I'm gonna wait that long in a line up, I want more trails open. So good to have the park running. Hopefully this is a step back to normalcy.

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 18:36 Quote
The irony when you can pedal up faster. J/k but was it really 1.5 hrs?

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 19:21 Quote
Zaeius wrote:
leelau wrote:

This is the first opening day I have missed in 8+ years. They have been getting progressively busier over the years but never 1.5 hours and a line past Lululemon. That is crazy. Glad work forced me to hold off until later this week.

Hopefully they get the singles line a bit more sorted so they can increase the efficiency.

Are you just making that up? Where did you hear 1.5hrs? You weren’t even there today. The line went to lulu a few times last year. I timed those line ups out of curiosity, like 45 mins tops. It will move faster this year with singles doubling up. And once garbo and creekside opens it will move faster still. I say enjoy this year because next year the border and domestic travel opens up. Combined with 50-100% YoY growth of the sport, next year is going to be an absolute zoo.

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 19:33 Quote
The quotes are weird so to be clear it wasn't me guessing 1.5 hours. The lineup was approx 45 minutes so your estimate is correct.

RideThicccBC wrote:
Zaeius wrote:
leelau wrote:

Are you just making that up? Where did you hear 1.5hrs? You weren’t even there today. The line went to lulu a few times last year. I timed those line ups out of curiosity, like 45 mins tops. It will move faster this year with singles doubling up. And once garbo and creekside opens it will move faster still. I say enjoy this year because next year the border and domestic travel opens up. Combined with 50-100% YoY growth of the sport, next year is going to be an absolute zoo.

O+
Posted: May 31, 2021 at 21:05 Quote
Nonsmoker wrote:
If I'm gonna wait that long in a line up, I want more trails open. So good to have the park running. Hopefully this is a step back to normalcy.

Crab hits, merchant, rutabaga and lowest Canadian open and upper a-line were pretty much the only things closed. What was open was, imo, pretty darn good.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027506
Mobile Version of Website