Whats a good slopestyle bike that has a good amount of travel and dosnt cost like 5k?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Whats a good slopestyle bike that has a good amount of travel and dosnt cost like 5k?
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 19:01 Quote
lamborghini2000 wrote:
www.yetibikes.com and go to photos and click on prototype on 303R-SS if you need a pic.

That bike isn't promised to be out even by next summer- it's only half way through protos. The bike they send out on the market could be completely different than the current one.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
Thats why its a prototype Smile yea i do not have the cash, but the wildcard is sick. the bottlerocket is sick as well. I wanna try to buy a new bike or one thats barley been roden Bikes that have tooken major abuse just dont work as well as there unabused type. Yea the parker is sick! but i just dont wanna run a float on the back. I wanna have a bit more travel than that. The wildcard is what im leaning to, and its got the lighest frame in its class. But the thing is what if i buy the uhh wildcard. Then a even sicker bike comes out next year for the same price.... Any more ideas on a SS bike?

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 19:35 Quote
lamborghini2000 wrote:
But the thing is what if i buy the uhh wildcard. Then a even sicker bike comes out next year for the same price.... Any more ideas on a SS bike?
Well that can and does happen with every bike, but you have to get one sometime Big Grin
And the Wildcard looks like a bike that is pretty hard to top (great geo and weight etc). If you can get a good deal on one, it looks amazing.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 19:51 Quote
Santa Cruz Bullits are awesome all around bikes, you could pick up an older for pretty cheap too. The new ones might be pretty pricey though...

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 20:59 Quote
what about a Jamis Bam1?

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:08 Quote
transition double. only way to go

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:11 Quote
elfreeridefreako wrote:
Nah its nice but it cant even fit a dhx air 5.0 on the back.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:15 Quote
lamborghini2000 wrote:
elfreeridefreako wrote:

So? Why does that matter? Is that a really a requirement for a 12 year old who doesn't even know enough to make up his own mind?

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:17 Quote
bighit711 wrote:
lamborghini2000 wrote:
elfreeridefreako wrote:

So? Why does that matter? Is that a really a requirement for a 12 year old who doesn't even know enough to make up his own mind?
haha yea well i just wanna have a bit bigger suspension than 2inchs... And plus i can only find a frame for a double which just sold. A Wildcard is what im liking. a double pretty sick tho.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:20 Quote
lamborghini2000 wrote:
bighit711 wrote:
lamborghini2000 wrote:

haha yea well i just wanna have a bit bigger suspension than 2inchs... And plus i can only find a frame for a double which just sold. A Wildcard is what im liking. a double pretty sick tho.

I don't care if you like the bike or not, but why do you think it matters if you can "fit a dhx air 5.0 on the back"? You chil-ren be gettin' to cocky.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:31 Quote
you dont need alot of travle you are 12. you are not going to be sending like 20 foot drops or 30 foot dobbles. just get a low travle bike like a big hit grom, transition dobble, transition preson, or a jamis parker. thats all that you need dont over do it or your riding will get slopy. learn not to relie on big travle to save you!

O+
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:40 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
you dont need alot of travle you are 12. you are not going to be sending like 20 foot drops or 30 foot dobbles. just get a low travle bike like a big hit grom, transition dobble, transition preson, or a jamis parker. thats all that you need dont over do it or your riding will get slopy. learn not to relie on big travle to save you!

Or keep the bike you have 'till it's worthwhile to upgrade.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 22:09 Quote
How tall are you grom-sause?

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 22:10 Quote
lamborghini2000 wrote:
bighit711 wrote:
lamborghini2000 wrote:

The Bass/Cowan is 3.9" and a Transition Double is 3.5"... I'm sure you can handle a 3.5" travel bike if Paul B. and Johnny can do it with 0.4" more travel...

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 22:26 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
How tall are you grom-sauce?

Quote of the Day!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012145
Mobile Version of Website