square problem

• Previous Page
FL
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 13:28 Quote
here is the problem

photo

My rim ended up like this after some 360º attemps,

So I need you to sugest me some f*cking strong rims.
I was thinking about the double track but is it worth to have 24" wheels for DJ and street?

Thanks for the sugestions!!

FL
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 13:34 Quote
anyone? I really need some help on this one

FL
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 13:36 Quote
what rim did u have before? what about a mavic 729

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 13:43 Quote
a 729 would be bomb proof and with a reasonable weight. Dont get double tracks. They weigh a lot more than they need to and are not that much stronger than a 729. just get it built by a good wheel builder and you will be set for a long long time.

FL
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 13:45 Quote
before I had a Rodi FR, it`s a cheap rim because I was always benting them so I was always buying new ones, but I`ve got enough of that and I whant a "bullet proof" rim Blank Stare

the mavic 729 looks sweet, do you know the price?
and what do you think about 24" rims, are they stronger?

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 13:48 Quote
sadfusde wrote:
before I had a Rodi FR, it`s a cheap rim because I was always benting them so I was always buying new ones, but I`ve got enough of that and I whant a "bullet proof" rim Blank Stare

the mavic 729 looks sweet, do you know the price?
and what do you think about 24" rims, are they stronger?

24's are slightly stronger, but they make the bike ride completely differently. Its up to you, but before putting hte money down, try to test some out.

The 729's are available for 26 inch only, and will run you about $120 Canadian. Im not sure what the price would be like in your neck of the woods though.

FL
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 13:51 Quote
markbatt wrote:
a 729 would be bomb proof and with a reasonable weight. Dont get double tracks. They weigh a lot more than they need to and are not that much stronger than a 729. just get it built by a good wheel builder and you will be set for a long long time.

thanks I think I will go for the 729 but I have some other suggestions what do you think?
- Sun Rims Single Track
- Da Bomb Revolver Rim
- Da Bomb Da Rim
(those Da bomb rims look pretty strong)

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 13:54 Quote
just get sum halo sas wheels mate
rite strong

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 13:54 Quote
sadfusde wrote:
markbatt wrote:

thanks I think I will go for the 729 but I have some other suggestions what do you think?
- Sun Rims Single Track
- Da Bomb Revolver Rim
- Da Bomb Da Rim
(those Da bomb rims look pretty strong)

The single track is not a good choice. It is not very strong. As for the Da Bomb rims, i have never used them, so I cant comment. Maybe someone else on here that has expereience with them will post how strong they are.

Do you plan on getting new hubs as well, or are you using your old ones? Either way, make sure you get new spokes for it, even if your old ones are the right length. It will save you trouble in the long run.

FL
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 13:56 Quote
I just found some other the SUNRINGLE SINGLE MTX-S TYPE, it´s not to expensive and looks strong since it´s made for DH

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 14:00 Quote
sadfusde wrote:
I just found some other the SUNRINGLE SINGLE MTX-S TYPE, it´s not to expensive and looks strong since it´s made for DH

The MTX is a good rim as well. From experience, I can say that it will hold up to some rediculous abuse. My s-type(same as mtx, but not welded) was built on to 3 different wheels over the course of 3 years before it was retired. I put it through multiple sidways landings, cased hard on dj's, over rotated 360's on big jumps, and they were straight for the most part.

They are not quite as strong as a 729, but I doubt they will give you any problems.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 14:02 Quote
sadfusde wrote:

s-types are deciently strong but if you want strength go for the plain MTX. its welded instead of sleeved so its a bit stronger. they arn't that heavy tho.

if you want plain strenth go for 729.

tho i have Syncros DPS36's and they are strong too.

also try getting 36 hole rims instead of 32. its a bit stronger.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 14:11 Quote
neilv wrote:
sadfusde wrote:

s-types are deciently strong but if you want strength go for the plain MTX. its welded instead of sleeved so its a bit stronger. they arn't that heavy tho.

if you want plain strenth go for 729.

tho i have Syncros DPS36's and they are strong too.

also try getting 36 hole rims instead of 32. its a bit stronger.

If he is not replacing his hubs, then he should stick with 32 hole. Also, I dont think the added 4 spokes is neccessary. Sure, it is stronger, but over the course of 4 years of riding, I have only broken 1 decent 32 hole rim beyond repair, and I am VERY hard on rims.

A strong wheel lies in the hands of its builder. A decently strong 32 hole wheel built by a good wheelbuilder can easily outlast a "bombproof" rim with a crappy build.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 14:13 Quote
so tru. i build my own wheels so i just 36 just in case. adds a bit of weight but it could save me.

729 or MTX would be an ideal purchase depending on your bank.

and personally id get a new wheel. now would be the time to replace the hub with one you really want. casue spokes are very specific. and if your in this position you may as well do it right the first time.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 14:17 Quote
lynam123 wrote:
just get sum halo sas wheels mate
rite strong
Definitely don't listen to the above.

Have you thought about the Mavic 823? They are bombproof.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008638
Mobile Version of Website