Home Made Bikes

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 0:07 Quote
wow dude. how did you learn about heat treatment? do you contract someone? have you tried different heat treatment techniques?
great work and thanks for sharing

Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 4:39 Quote
intentbikes wrote:
160mm travel enduro frame
160km travel enduro
linkage fusion360

6061 aluminum tubes. cnced linkage and other parts.
my earlier FS frame looked a bit 'busy' so I thought of toning it down in this one !

I see you are not messing around. Looks great

Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 4:58 Quote
housem8d wrote:
wow dude. how did you learn about heat treatment? do you contract someone? have you tried different heat treatment techniques?
great work and thanks for sharing
Thanks. I outsource the heat treatment to a company near my workshop. They are the service providers for KTM in India. I've been friends with them for 15+ years, they help me with my projects !

Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 4:59 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:
intentbikes wrote:
160mm travel enduro frame
160km travel enduro
linkage fusion360

my earlier FS frame looked a bit 'busy' so I thought of toning it down in this one !

Thank you so much!

Mod
Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 6:45 Quote
impressive! looks very legit.

Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 7:03 Quote
Great work.tup Out of interest is it difficult to source high end MTB parts in India?

Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 8:24 Quote
mior wrote:
impressive! looks very legit.
Thank you!

Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 8:31 Quote
commental wrote:
Great work.tup Out of interest is it difficult to source high end MTB parts in India?
Thank you. In India if you want to get parts for a road bike, you can walk into a store and come out having purchased the most high end road bike on the planet. I've seen guys splurging 10 to 12k or sometimes even more on road bikes. Stupid expensive ceramic speed pulleys sell like hot cakes
BUT if you're a mountain biker getting an entry level suspension is a pain in the ass. Complete bikes specced with rock shox recon ( High end MTBs . Low end bikes are with suntour xcrs) are more common. After market parts for MTBs are non existent.

I'm trying to change that BTW! Hopefully i succeed

Mod
Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 8:40 Quote
intentbikes wrote:
commental wrote:
Thank you. In India if you want to get parts for a road bike, you can walk into a store and come out having purchased the most high end road bike on the planet. I've seen guys splurging 10 to 12k or sometimes even more on road bikes. Stupid expensive ceramic speed pulleys sell like hot cakes
BUT if you're a mountain biker getting an entry level suspension is a pain in the ass. Complete bikes specced with rock shox recon ( High end MTBs . Low end bikes are with suntour xcrs) are more common. After market parts for MTBs are non existent.

I'm trying to change that BTW! Hopefully i succeed
where do you buy parts from then?

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 12:31 Quote
intentbikes wrote:
SleepingAwake wrote:
intentbikes wrote:

Thank you so much!

I think i preferred your earlier frame nicolai esque frame from a purely aesthetic perspective. But this frame still looks so dialed, and seems much more practical for day to day. Really impressive work.

Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 18:07 Quote
huvudvind wrote:
intentbikes wrote:
SleepingAwake wrote:

Thank you so much!

I think i preferred your earlier frame nicolai esque frame from a purely aesthetic perspective. But this frame still looks so dialed, and seems much more practical for day to day. Really impressive work.

Thanks! I love that frame too! But most people here in India, prefer this new one, probably because it looks a lot more 'familiar' to them

Posted: Mar 8, 2024 at 14:23 Quote
Hello,

Some changes on my bike. I changed the wheels for 29in, new fork, and a new chain tensionner.
The previous one wasn't rigid enough.
Very happy with the result !
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Mar 8, 2024 at 20:21 Quote
Looks damn good!!! Well done! Salute

Posted: Mar 13, 2024 at 6:43 Quote
You guys are doing some extremely impressive work.

just wow !! Salute

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017324
Mobile Version of Website