Demo 8

Posted: Dec 22, 2008 at 0:27 Quote
Flyingdane wrote:

have you trid a airpump with a hose?

Yes, 3 different ones and none off them could get the proper angle.

Maybe there's an air nipple for Manitou that has the fill opening on the side?

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2009 at 13:27 Quote
i just saw the demo 8 in the flesh today... it looked simply amazing, i was straight out drooling...

also, the bike looked fairly small, and it was a size medium...

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 17:34 Quote
nik-ant wrote:
ok im looking into buying a demo 8, im around 6 foot 2. what size frame should i get?
- hi-well for fr- get a medium-if you wanna race it-get a large..

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 6:17 Quote
I am 6 foot and ride a large. I had a medium but the cock pit seemed a little cramped. Hope that helps.
nik-ant wrote:
poozank wrote:
nik-ant wrote:

yeah that helped alotConfused

sorry for that but i knew i need a medium or large but just wondering what other people have and how they find that.
i am 5' 9" and i have a medium demo 7

again that doesnt help. i need someone around my height. and how is your demo feel small or big or what?

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 22:36 Quote
i have a 08 Demo 8 II, the geometry feels somewhat slack....too slack to be completely honest (i think it is currently at the 64 degree setting), if i 'flip' the shock shuttle at the front of the shock, i'm assuming it will bump up to 65....will that make a huge difference, if any at all ?

basically when i'm riding, it feels like i'm sitting back, too far back on the bike. i caught someone mention early in this thread that it could be due to the Fox 40 and how it needs to have more weight on it then other forks to 'open up'. or do i just need to start riding woith more weight forward instead of sitting so far back?

any advice?

Posted: Feb 16, 2010 at 8:45 Quote
mtblocos1 wrote:
i have a 08 Demo 8 II, the geometry feels somewhat slack....too slack to be completely honest (i think it is currently at the 64 degree setting), if i 'flip' the shock shuttle at the front of the shock, i'm assuming it will bump up to 65....will that make a huge difference, if any at all ?

basically when i'm riding, it feels like i'm sitting back, too far back on the bike. i caught someone mention early in this thread that it could be due to the Fox 40 and how it needs to have more weight on it then other forks to 'open up'. or do i just need to start riding woith more weight forward instead of sitting so far back?

any advice?
a good way to start would be to try and get your bars as slammed as possible. Slide the crowns as far down the fork as you can, still allowing for 8" of travel, and take out any headset spacers below your stem.

Posted: Feb 16, 2010 at 9:45 Quote
erbissell wrote:
a good way to start would be to try and get your bars as slammed as possible. Slide the crowns as far down the fork as you can, still allowing for 8" of travel, and take out any headset spacers below your stem.

cool thanks,
i already did that when i first got the bike. I even went down to a lower rise bar.
my crowns are about as slammed as they can get without hitting the lowers under full travel.

however, i flipped the shock shuttle to set the HA at 65 degrees instead of the stock 64 degree setting and it fixed the problem.
i also did a few other experimnental setting modifications with the suspension if anyone is interested, i can type em out.
the bike feels wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy different then before.
now it rides/pedals great without that 'wallowy' feel.

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 20:03 Quote
photo

Here's my Demo 8 II on a skinny....
Please add the pic to your fav's and help a Demo rider win the FollowMe contest!

Posted: Mar 13, 2010 at 11:34 Quote
why would you want a giant if you have a demo????

Posted: Mar 13, 2010 at 11:54 Quote
dhdemonine40 wrote:

Who wouldn't want a free bike??

Posted: Mar 13, 2010 at 11:59 Quote
superbarnes65 wrote:
dhdemonine40 wrote:

Who wouldn't want a free bike??
its funny cause hes asking to help a "fellow demo rider"....traitor

Posted: Mar 13, 2010 at 12:05 Quote
still, its a free bike... haha

Posted: Mar 13, 2010 at 12:07 Quote
superbarnes65 wrote:
still, hes a post whoring traitor

Posted: Mar 15, 2010 at 14:34 Quote
dhdemonine40 wrote:
superbarnes65 wrote:

f*ck, take a chill pill dude.

Posted: Mar 15, 2010 at 19:49 Quote
vortexian wrote:
dhdemonine40 wrote:
superbarnes65 wrote:

f*ck, take a chill pill dude.
take a joke.....

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014251
Mobile Version of Website