prove me wrong or just let me know ur thoughts!!!!

PB Forum :: Kona
prove me wrong or just let me know ur thoughts!!!!
O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 13:59 Quote
andrewko wrote:
biker5 wrote:
you would deffinatly benefit more from a hardtail it may no seem like it now but a hard tail can do alot more where a ig travel fully is only ood for trails and big hucks. a hard tail can do trails to and with 1500 you could get a really good hardtail and learn so much more then you would with a fully and in a couple of years if your really into biking you could look at saving for a fully and be able to get a really good fully cause you already have a bike so you can save alot longer.
ok ill think about it and with my budget what hardtail would u say would be good? anyting from kona? open to everyting. thanks
specialized p2

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:00 Quote
if you really like kona buy one but there dj bikes are bad geomotry pretty plain and for the price dont have good components. i really like the geomotry of my p.3 or any other specialized, but norco, giant, transition, and many more companies all have really nice hardtails for under 1500. i would deffinetly look around at other options before going for a kona.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:08 Quote
ok thanks guys! really hope i dont regret on what i decide!! thanks and any other ideas/tips/... would be greatly apreciated!! and p3 is out of my price range) but thanks

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:11 Quote
ya but if u look around at shops they might have last years and the p.2 is the same frame just different components. just get out there and ride alot and make sure you balance ur time between biking and ur gf lol

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:12 Quote
im pretty sure the big hits are not too expensive, great bike to start off on

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:14 Quote
nicholas888 wrote:
im pretty sure the big hits are not too expensive, great bike to start off on
hardtails are good to start on

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:14 Quote
biker5 wrote:
ya but if u look around at shops they might have last years and the p.2 is the same frame just different components. just get out there and ride alot and make sure you balance ur time between biking and ur gf lol
haha thanks man and yeah ill go around and see what the have for sell. uhu if i dont than she'll get rid of it, and im still now fully conviced to go with hardtail, dont know i guess ill read more and will see

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:20 Quote
ya all in all just make sure ur happy with w/e u pick cause u will ride alot more if you know when you buy the bike that its the right one for u

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:22 Quote
biker5 wrote:
ya all in all just make sure ur happy with w/e u pick cause u will ride alot more if you know when you buy the bike that its the right one for u
k cool man! and Q for u! singlespeed? or multi? and why? thanks

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:26 Quote
andrewko wrote:
biker5 wrote:
you want to get into freeride, so gears are good to freeride with(only rear though) singlespeed is more only for dirt jumpping and street

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:28 Quote
derekt wrote:
andrewko wrote:
biker5 wrote:
you want to get into freeride, so gears are good to freeride with(only rear though) singlespeed is more only for dirt jumpping and street
ok got it but it doesnt hurt to do dj and street with gears, does it?

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:29 Quote
i would want like 8 or 9 speed if it was my only bike anf if its a hardtail i would be better to have gears at first and if you get more serious into djing and street then singlespeed it but until your sure thats all you want to do kepp your gears but i wouldn't want any gears in the front only the rear

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:31 Quote
[Quote="andrewko"]
derekt wrote:
andrewko wrote:

ok got it but it doesnt hurt to do dj and street with gears, does it?[/Quote
no not at all, but if u were going to be doing dj/street specificly its better to use single speed

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:31 Quote
check out mongoose bikes really cheap

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:32 Quote
If you're doing more jumping or street riding, then SS is nice. No needing to worry what gear your in or the drivetrain skipping when you need a quick pedal. Also requires less maintainance. If you're doing trail riding, or anything with varying slope, then you want the gears.

Also, just want to toss it out there, if you found a full suspension bike like a Stinky or BigHit and had a single crown fork like a 66 and also a front derailer, then you would have an extremely versatile bike that could freeride great, downhill some, and trailride a little. Though it would be a little sluggish riding uphill, you could have it built to be lighter with thin tubes and lighter tires, resulting in a decent all around bike. If I were to have one do-it-all bike, that would be what I would choose, regardless of previous riding ability. That's why we ride to get better.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011897
Mobile Version of Website