Ways to protect a bike incase you forgot/dont have a lock.

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Ways to protect a bike incase you forgot/dont have a lock.
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 16:05 Quote
if its a bmx take the handle bars off lol. only takes about two seconds.

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 16:10 Quote
when i ran my BB& i used to dial the pads in so the wheels were locked, i actually watched someone trying to steal it once and they just said "f*ck this" and ran away while i was on my way out of the storeWhip

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 16:32 Quote
korystreet10 wrote:
when i ran my BB& i used to dial the pads in so the wheels were locked, i actually watched someone trying to steal it once and they just said "f*ck this" and ran away while i was on my way out of the storeWhip

i thought about that, but decided id rather see them hit a car.

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 20:56 Quote
if ur sitting it in a cafe losen your quick releses and sit and watch someone trys to steal it the front wheel falls off and u can kick there ass

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 9:17 Quote
This is the US, I have "Gun Owner" written on the top tube, seems no one touches it.LOL

to be serious, I never leave it locked for long or I try to bring it into places with me, but you get clerks always yelling @ you and such.

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 9:35 Quote
take ur bk wheel or front wheel of and walk round wid ur wheel

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 9:39 Quote
therealblinky wrote:
turn it upside down and take your chain off that will slow them down. you could also take the seat too

the chain thing is a good idea
i ussually lean it against a window but from now on im doing the chain thing too

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 9:43 Quote
I have actually put my bike in a dumpster then got it when I came out.
Blank Stare

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 9:51 Quote
samnation wrote:
Blank Stare
What happens if the dumpster got taken to the dump?

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 10:08 Quote
ryan879 wrote:
just nail around in the store on your bikelol

Thats what I do, I once rode right into a local pizza store, right up to the counter, and ordered. All he did was slowley shake his head and glare at me. lol

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 10:16 Quote
i just take the chain off the chainring. my friend tried to steal my bike for a ride without me knowing and he got shinned cause he pedaled too hard and it slipped.

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 10:24 Quote
if u go into a store put it infront of a window where u always can keep an eye on it iv had a bike stolen b4 and it sucks..... or to save u money leave ur bike by a window get ur freind to take it and run out to "get ur bike" and take what u wanted to buy lol .

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 10:31 Quote
popp wrote:
if u go into a store put it infront of a window where u always can keep an eye on it iv had a bike stolen b4 and it sucks..... or to save u money leave ur bike by a window get ur freind to take it and run out to "get ur bike" and take what u wanted to buy lol .

thats a awsome idea!Big Grin or you could just stack all your bike together no ones going to wanna try to take them off eachother to steal one

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 10:50 Quote
-jumpstyle- wrote:
samnation wrote:
Blank Stare
What happens if the dumpster got taken to the dump?

It was an evening shift but I never acctually thought of that.

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 10:54 Quote
another idea that is simple is to shift the gears (minus pedaling) so when they try to take of they get shinned or just put the gears into the lowest possible one so atleast if someone does try to take off with ur bike it wont be fast

off course the best way is just not to leave ur bike outside unattended haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.060116
Mobile Version of Website