Most Pedal-able all mountain bike?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Most Pedal-able all mountain bike?
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 12:34 Quote
wildbrian wrote:
I've heard so many good things about the specizlized sx and sx trail....it's a super light frame and i have heard that it pedals soooooooooo well....also it can do pretty much anything(depending on the build) like dh,xc,dj,etc.

I built mine up as a do-it all bike. XC to DH. Pedals great on those 40km XC loops.

Posted: Oct 12, 2008 at 0:51 Quote
Hey all!! well yeah the sx trail would make a hard core all mtn bike that can handle huge drops, but all mtn normally doesnt involve 20ft drops so id recomend a specialized pitch!! or enduro, both verry capable bikes!

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 at 17:51 Quote
Ellsworth Moment hands down. Scope out mtbr.com and read the raves. Just check and see how many of them are available for sale used and that should give you some indication.

Posted: Oct 13, 2008 at 17:53 Quote
the foes fxr works well

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 at 18:15 Quote
Santa Cruz Nomad... hands down. VPP is the Shit

Posted: Oct 14, 2008 at 2:47 Quote
as someone pointed out over on the MTBR forums, the nomad looks like a dog taking a dump!!!

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 9:14 Quote
reign x1 or reign x0. the reign is built super light and comes with about 7 inches of travel. the reign X bikes are also built with some strong components that will hold up for a more aggressive rider. the maestro is also a huge advantage and the bike pedals suuuuper good up the hill and descends even better. good luck!

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 13:44 Quote
canberradh wrote:
Hey all!! well yeah the sx trail would make a hard core all mtn bike that can handle huge drops, but all mtn normally doesnt involve 20ft drops so id recomend a specialized pitch!! or enduro, both verry capable bikes!
I have an old style enduro... the one before the dual crown fork... love it. but I weigh 200 lbs and found the new sl no as strong... there is a good reason specialized is not selling it much with their 150 fork any more. I don't really like the new specialized they look weak.

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
Check out the transition covert
debecks wrote:
Trying to get some opinions on the most pedal-able all mountain bike?

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 6:21 Quote
downhillbrownhill wrote:
debecks wrote:
Give the Mojo a try, they pedal better than anything mentioned here, Ibis CS is second to none, and they are a great price for what you get. 3lbs less than the Blur for the same price.

Posted: Oct 18, 2008 at 9:32 Quote
ibisrox wrote:
downhillbrownhill wrote:
debecks wrote:
Give the Mojo a try, they pedal better than anything mentioned here, Ibis CS is second to none, and they are a great price for what you get. 3lbs less than the Blur for the same price.

And the Mojo has what, 2" more travel or something?

All admit, it is my dream bike. Big Grin

Posted: Oct 18, 2008 at 10:20 Quote
debecks wrote:

the best would be the trek remedy! look in to them

Posted: Oct 18, 2008 at 10:35 Quote
Lol, this thread is going nowhere!

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 4:38 Quote
Marin Attack Trail or Wolf Ridge

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016543
Mobile Version of Website