UCI ban on skinsuits

PB Forum :: Downhill
UCI ban on skinsuits
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 14:32 Quote
http://dirtmag.co.uk/news/category/dirt-team/will-the-uci-ban-skinsuits/dirt-1234075.html

looks like it could be true but its not for sure as of yet

thoughts?

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 14:34 Quote
alistair-p wrote:
http://dirtmag.co.uk/news/category/dirt-team/will-the-uci-ban-skinsuits/dirt-1234075.html

looks like it could be true but its not for sure as of yet

thoughts?
why would they its pointless . its the same as banning the colour red for your bike because red is racing red

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 14:36 Quote
There is already an active thread about this. It is even on this board.

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 14:37 Quote
whats the issue with them?

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 14:45 Quote
good. skinsuits are gay as hell. i mean seriously, unless we're talking about camel toes of course, cmon, those suits embarrasing as hell to look at, let alone wear.
dh racing has an image problem amongst non mountain biking people as it is, mostly because of limited tv coverage and the fact most fat f*cks wouldn't climb up the side of a hill to watch a race, but having the racers coming down the hill looking like they are smuggling plums in the process, is lame. but whatever, im sure theres gonna be a coupla guido's on here disagreeing because they love to show the sausage whenever possible.

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 14:54 Quote
sorry did not see the other thread about it

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 18:58 Quote
obee1 wrote:
good. skinsuits are gay as hell. i mean seriously, unless we're talking about camel toes of course, cmon, those suits embarrasing as hell to look at, let alone wear.
dh racing has an image problem amongst non mountain biking people as it is, mostly because of limited tv coverage and the fact most fat f*cks wouldn't climb up the side of a hill to watch a race, but having the racers coming down the hill looking like they are smuggling plums in the process, is lame. but whatever, im sure theres gonna be a coupla guido's on here disagreeing because they love to show the sausage whenever possible.
AHMEN!!! lol

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 6:45 Quote
for those that don't know what the real skin suites are.The skin suites we see today are made out elastic materials but the real suites are made out off leather(lycra) and the Orange Mojo team are a good example off those skin suites,those are wear by the Mojo orange team

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.singletrackworld.com/mod/submit/images/2899-5.jpg
http://www.freecaster.com/1000006_1004818

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 6:51 Quote
actually a skin suit is something whats as tight to the skin as possible, like a second skin

it doesnt matter what it's made of

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 7:17 Quote
obee1 wrote:
They dont look to comfy either. Ill stick to my baggy cargo shorts and loose riding jersey.

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 7:49 Quote
Pitcrew wrote:
obee1 wrote:
They dont look to comfy either. Ill stick to my baggy cargo shorts and loose riding jersey.

actually theyre very comfortable

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 7:50 Quote
obee1 wrote:
I 3rd this!

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 8:00 Quote
It's the World Championships, not a f*cking fashion show. The racers don't care what they look like, because they have bigger things on their mind, such as being the World Champion. All this homophobic shit on pinkbike is making me sick.

As for if its actually a new rule, I doubt it. It would be too hard to implement. How do you differentiate between a skin suit and a tight T-shirt? Skin suit bottoms and tight shorts?

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 8:08 Quote
kylemciver wrote:
It's the World Championships, not a f*cking fashion show. The racers don't care what they look like, because they have bigger things on their mind, such as being the World Champion. All this homophobic shit on pinkbike is making me sick.

As for if its actually a new rule, I doubt it. It would be too hard to implement. How do you differentiate between a skin suit and a tight T-shirt? Skin suit bottoms and tight shorts?
wise words

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 8:10 Quote
kylemciver wrote:

in bmx you have to be able to pinch 3cm of material on the forearms without stretching the material

would work the same for mtbs

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013064
Mobile Version of Website