2008 Glory 1 vs. 2008 Kona Stinky Deluxe

PB Forum :: Downhill
2008 Glory 1 vs. 2008 Kona Stinky Deluxe
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 15:54 Quote
Hey, I'v been wanted a new ride for a while and I'v been wondering wich is better, the Glory 1 or a Stinky Deluxe or even just a normal stinky. I wouldnt be doin any racing, just some DH and little Freride for the sake of riding.

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 15:58 Quote
for that kind of money there is a lot to choose from do some more homework...my opinion stay away from the kona.

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 15:59 Quote
If you are just looking to do some weekend riding with a few friends sort of thing, I would look at other bikes. A Norco Atomic, or anything that fits your budget from Norco would be better for you than both of those bikes (if you don't mind dropping the cash on a glory go for it, but it sounds like you'd be happier with a slightly cheaper alternative). Also check out the Specialized Bighit.

Stay away from Kona mostly due to their suspension design. Single pivot=shatty design.

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 16:02 Quote
i agree norcos are rock solid and if you want some good freeride and dh look at the devinci ollie as well

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 16:02 Quote
I'v done enough homwork to know what I want from a Bike, I hate when people tell me to do some homework. plus iv never understood what was so bad about konas suspention

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 16:04 Quote
nah id go glory maestro is the best

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 16:04 Quote
Plus I already have a 06 Norco Shore 3 with 04 888's on it

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 16:05 Quote
brake jack! thats why they have the extra bar attached to the frame with a floating brake..i myself am trying to get more info on brake jack all i know is the norcos and specialized dont have a problem

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 16:06 Quote
ande konas aint bad its just a stupid stereotype if konas were really as bad as people seem to think they wuldve gone outta business a long time ago

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 12:24 Quote
Very true man, very ture, and about the brake jak, my norco does it a little but not bad enough to throw you off the bike or anything. the only bike iv really expereinced bad brake jak is some wal-mart thing i used to have:p

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 12:46 Quote
live2ryde wrote:
Very true man, very ture, and about the brake jak, my norco does it a little but not bad enough to throw you off the bike or anything. the only bike iv really expereinced bad brake jak is some wal-mart thing i used to have:p

What you are experiencing is not brake jack, the suspension system that norco uses is the FSR system, designed by specialized, brake jack is not a problem with this system.

The single pivot design that kona uses suffers rather badly from brake jack, they are just an entry level bike and would be a downgrade from your norco shore IMO. I just find it funny how you are comparing a kona stinky frame to a glory frame, there is such a huge difference in quality.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 12:50 Quote
i like the kona, since it comes with the DOPE system (floating brake)

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 14:11 Quote
Don't ever go for the kona, first of all, like someone said, it's really a downgrade from your shore, second of all, Kona suspension IS shitty, if you would have ever ridden a Stinky, and then a glory, you would INSTANTLY know what is wrong with the kona, I have ridden the Garbanzo kona from whistler, for a week, and absolutely HATED the way it rode, way too long wheel path, can jump at ALL.

I have a glory, I am LOVIN' to death the glory, the suspension is simply magic, you don't have any brake jack, and the fact that the bike can make you a faster rider, It did for me, I was having no confidence at all in the bike, and now, with the glory, the fact that the bike is stiffer also, the rear triangle of the bike is a one piece triangle with no pivots, so it makes it even stiffer than a kona.

If you didn't understand what I was telling you, just simply get the glory. And if you really did your homework you would have known that the kona suspension is simply CRAP!

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 15:26 Quote
rigodon777 wrote:
Don't ever go for the kona, first of all, like someone said, it's really a downgrade from your shore, second of all, Kona suspension IS shitty, if you would have ever ridden a Stinky, and then a glory, you would INSTANTLY know what is wrong with the kona, I have ridden the Garbanzo kona from whistler, for a week, and absolutely HATED the way it rode, way too long wheel path, can jump at ALL.

I have a glory, I am LOVIN' to death the glory, the suspension is simply magic, you don't have any brake jack, and the fact that the bike can make you a faster rider, It did for me, I was having no confidence at all in the bike, and now, with the glory, the fact that the bike is stiffer also, the rear triangle of the bike is a one piece triangle with no pivots, so it makes it even stiffer than a kona.

If you didn't understand what I was telling you, just simply get the glory. And if you really did your homework you would have known that the kona suspension is simply CRAP!
not really, no.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 15:29 Quote
RM396 wrote:
rigodon777 wrote:

not really, no.
Ok, not crap, but shit. That's good? Because if you have ever ridden a Kona susp and then a supercycle, they could be compared together... You just simply CAN'T compare the Maestro susp and the kona susp...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011049
Mobile Version of Website