MTB's most pointless and failed products.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
MTB's most pointless and failed products.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 13:12 Quote
This is a thread about ^^^ what it says above ...let me start of with the shimano air lines
photo
https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2119/2038980300_dc4abefec5.jpg

Please post pictures,with the name of the product.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
Scott bike's integrated seat post.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 13:14 Quote
Change the section of where the thread is to "bike parts and gear"

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
marsbars wrote:
Change the section of where the thread is to "bike parts and gear"
good point

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 13:20 Quote
Index shifting on front derailers while not failed since it was forced down our throats by Shimano is the most pointless pain in the backside feature I love to hate.

Bio Pace chain rings... WTF were they thinking/drinking/smoking when they came up with that brilliant plan?

The 1 1/4 headset... why did we need this extra size again?

Yet to fail but most likely to fail? 650b wheel size... shades of the 1 1/4 headset... why do we need another size wheel with even more limited tire choices again?... oh yea so the bike industry can try and convince us we need another bike.

DM

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 13:21 Quote
davemud wrote:
Index shifting on front derailers while not failed since it was forced down our throats by Shimano is the most pointless pain in the backside feature I love to hate.

Bio Pace chain rings... WTF were they thinking/drinking/smoking when they came up with that brilliant plan?

The 1 1/4 headset... why did we need this extra size again?

Yet to fail but most likely to fail? 650b wheel size... shades of the 1 1/4 headset... why do we need another size wheel with even more limited tire choices again?... oh yea so the bike industry can try and convince us we need another bike.

DM
Rage Against the BIke Industry...

lol

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 13:23 Quote
Rhino lites they suck completely

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 13:27 Quote
jakal44444 wrote:
Rhino lites they suck completely

hahahahaha agreed.

And as for the 1 1/4 headsets - they are put onto some frames so you can run a normal 1 1/8th but by using reducer cups they get your front end lower as the bearings sit flush with the steerer tube.

or something.

dumb? Yes!

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 13:32 Quote
marsbars wrote:

Integrated seat posts reduce weight and improve aerodynamics. It may seem trivial but in racing, every little bit counts.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 13:35 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.freewheelcycle.com/images/greatdeal148.jpgthey look nice and if they didnt need to be bled allt he time then they would be a decent brake

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 13:38 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
marsbars wrote:

Integrated seat posts reduce weight and improve aerodynamics, far from useless. Quite a few top end time trials frame manufacturers use it.

The carbon integrated seatposts on my Scott frame were so light it didn't even make sense! Plus they were adjustable by 3 inches so you could make your frame a little longer if you were starting to grow out of it.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 13:46 Quote
in my opinion they are pointless but obviously not failed if they were they would be discontinued

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 13:48 Quote
haha i put my marzocchi DJ4s on my friends bmx man that was sweet lol it looked crazy there was a few problems lol id still be workin on it but the bike got stolen so ya lol

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 14:05 Quote
jakal44444 wrote:
haha i put my marzocchi DJ4s on my friends bmx man that was sweet lol it looked crazy there was a few problems lol id still be workin on it but the bike got stolen so ya lol
lol

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012047
Mobile Version of Website