The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 5:38 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
Absolutely gutted, had an OTB yesterday and broke my collarbone, looking at 4-6 weeks recovery time or 16-24 weeks if surgery. I go to Morzine in 5 weeks!!! anyone been through this? is 5 weeks too optimistic? I have a possibility of delaying my trip for another 3 weeks, so 8 weeks, is that enough time to get closer to100%?

I'm hoping for good news as I don't want cancel but I also don't want to go and be in pain and not enjoy it.
There is a place in Ipswich that does laser treatment on bones. I'll see if I can find a link to it. A girl I know came off at Fort Bill race, broke collarbone and thumb, 3 weeks after treatment she was back on her local track which is Rheola doing an uplift.

Was her thumb still in a cast, or did she have to wait until it was removed? Mine's in a cast at the moment and I cancelled the Morzine trip based on the doctors forecast of recovery (3 months). Too late now but I'd still be interested.

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 6:16 Quote
jeden66 wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
Absolutely gutted, had an OTB yesterday and broke my collarbone, looking at 4-6 weeks recovery time or 16-24 weeks if surgery. I go to Morzine in 5 weeks!!! anyone been through this? is 5 weeks too optimistic? I have a possibility of delaying my trip for another 3 weeks, so 8 weeks, is that enough time to get closer to100%?

I'm hoping for good news as I don't want cancel but I also don't want to go and be in pain and not enjoy it.

I broke my collarbone 2 years ago. I had surgery 8 weeks before I went to morzine. I did 6 weeks of rest and rehab then had x-rayed. I told the consultant my plans to go riding and he said it would be ok but not to fall off. I rode for the full week and it was fine at bit sore at night but nothing mutzig didn't fix.
Hope this helps.

I think you can get Mutzig on prescription Smile

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 6:21 Quote
sam-hughes1 wrote:
Hi all, so unfortunately it looks like I'll have no choice but to courier my bike out to Morzine from the UK, (I'll be in Italy on holiday with the family for 2 weeks before and Easyjet will only allow one bike per passenger so can't get a mate to bring it out for me).

So can anyone recommend a decent company to go with? Or preferably any other options, cheers!

Couriers split into the cheap (and slightly bad rep) companies to the bigger names like DHL that cost more..I sold a frame once n posted abroad but cant remember who I used.....a google will give you lost of results.

Renting will cost a fortune but maybe doable if its just a few days..or buy n sell before you fly back.....I saw one of the shops was selling some of last years DH rentals..1600 EU though..Nukeproofs I think.,

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 8:53 Quote
dglobulator wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
thedad71 wrote:

There is a place in Ipswich that does laser treatment on bones. I'll see if I can find a link to it. A girl I know came off at Fort Bill race, broke collarbone and thumb, 3 weeks after treatment she was back on her local track which is Rheola doing an uplift.

Was her thumb still in a cast, or did she have to wait until it was removed? Mine's in a cast at the moment and I cancelled the Morzine trip based on the doctors forecast of recovery (3 months). Too late now but I'd still be interested.
She cut the cast off after a week or so. I think it was a week later she was being lasered.

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 9:06 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
dglobulator wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

She cut the cast off after a week or so. I think it was a week later she was being lasered.

Was that six weeks in plaster then 3 weeks of treatment? I'm a couple of days away from the cast off and couldn't possibly imagine riding uplift in 3 weeks. Sounds like it works miracles!

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 23:12 Quote
Just get it replaced with a Terminator arm.... sad to see injuries just before visiting. ..or even end more depressing is seeing people around town drowning their sorrows with arms or legs in plaster

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 3:15 Quote
Whats the best way to get to Morgins and back for Morzine please?

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 5:21 Quote
Set the sat nav up and drive there Wink

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 5:55 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
Set the sat nav up and drive there Wink
by far the best, getting there is easy enough, the way back is a pain..

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 7:12 Quote
deadpool2e wrote:

Its doable by lifts.....not done it msyelf..but on my way to Morzine now for the summer so may try it for a day..although if you are only in Morzine for a week doubt its worth the effort.

I think general route is to Lindarets, then up Mossettes..down Swiss side but turn left to get to Morgins instead of straight on that takes you to Crossettes/Champery.

I think I saw a route guide posted recently, but cant recall where.

PDS map > http://en.portesdusoleil.com/fileadmin/user_upload/PDS_CARTE_PORTES_DU_SOLEIL_VTT_ETE_656X396-BD.pdf

Maybe you can come back via Chatel ?. Chatel town runs a shuttle bus from town to lifts/trails.

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 7:44 Quote
andydd wrote:
deadpool2e wrote:

Its doable by lifts.....not done it msyelf..but on my way to Morzine now for the summer so may try it for a day..although if you are only in Morzine for a week doubt its worth the effort.

I think general route is to Lindarets, then up Mossettes..down Swiss side but turn left to get to Morgins instead of straight on that takes you to Crossettes/Champery.

I think I saw a route guide posted recently, but cant recall where.

PDS map > http://en.portesdusoleil.com/fileadmin/user_upload/PDS_CARTE_PORTES_DU_SOLEIL_VTT_ETE_656X396-BD.pdf

Maybe you can come back via Chatel ?. Chatel town runs a shuttle bus from town to lifts/trails.

https://www.mtbbeds.com/ride-morzine-morgins
Will be there this july and probaly give it a try

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 11:07 Quote
The mtbbeds route is the easiest and best way from Morzine to Morgins by bike.

I don't think the other lift, Chempeys is open this year.
So the only way back from Morgins to Morzine is the short pedal up the road & then drop down into Chatel and catch the free shuttle from the square under the lift in the main town.
Road is called Route de Thoron & its next to the Church.

It take about 1 1/2 hours to get Morgins from Morzine by bike. I don't know how this compare to driving.

Its worth a ride if your in Morzine for a week.

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 11:56 Quote
yip up mossetts down road to morgins takes till about 11am to get there. getting back is via chattel and bus to bike park then back to avoriaz. need to leave at 3pm to get back before lifts close. noting much open in morgins so bring packed lunch too..

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 10:00 Quote
sam-hughes1 wrote:
Hi all, so unfortunately it looks like I'll have no choice but to courier my bike out to Morzine from the UK, (I'll be in Italy on holiday with the family for 2 weeks before and Easyjet will only allow one bike per passenger so can't get a mate to bring it out for me).

So can anyone recommend a decent company to go with? Or preferably any other options, cheers!

There are a couple of companies that do specifically uk to morzine/alps. one is Alpine Van man and the other is DeliverAlpes. I'd recommend the latter if it fits in with what you need.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.048366
Mobile Version of Website