The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 0:51 Quote
looks like anyone with luton flights are gone this summer. mine cancelled there for 17th july.
2 weeks today boat to scotland drive to eurotunnel, 24hrs to get there but from webcams lifts are empty at present so could good..

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 1:09 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
looks like anyone with luton flights are gone this summer. mine cancelled there for 17th july.
2 weeks today boat to scotland drive to eurotunnel, 24hrs to get there but from webcams lifts are empty at present so could good..
I honestly think that driving is the only viable option, too many flights being cancelled and diverted. Still waiting for the quarantine and FCO advice to change though. It's long overdue. I am hoping to be driving out on the 11th July, but its getting rather close and no update.

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 1:20 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:

Lutons been unofficially cancelled for ages. It's one flight per day from Gatwick and Manchester

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 1:43 Quote
==Shared costs for driving==
Im looking at booking late July for 10 days, pretty flexible on dates still as I like to check the weather will be good.
I usually drive on my own taking 2 bikes. Its getting pretty dear though with fuel, tolls, eurostar coming to approx £550.
I have room in my van for 1 person with upto 2 bikes.
I generally stay at the aubergarde hotel.
Im based in basingstoke.
Anyone who would like a lift there & share costs send me a pm.
Cheers.

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 10:13 Quote
Flights ok from Gatwick..still shows an early or late for most days..I'm not trusting the late one..slight delay n you either end up missing transfer or plane lands in Lyon instead...I've had that before.

All looking good for my trip...shared transfers now back on too.

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 10:14 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
bat-fastard wrote:
I honestly think that driving is the only viable option, too many flights being cancelled and diverted. Still waiting for the quarantine and FCO advice to change though. It's long overdue. I am hoping to be driving out on the 11th July, but its getting rather close and no update.

No quarentine n France n in reality UK one is unenforceable n can be ignored....

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 15:04 Quote
Friday and sunday flights are now avaliable in August from Luton.
May need to juggle days round but it looks like I'll be able to make it out for the last two weeks in August.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 0:05 Quote
leth wrote:
Friday and sunday flights are now avaliable in August from Luton.
May need to juggle days round but it looks like I'll be able to make it out for the last two weeks in August.

Gatwick prices have been crazy..fluctuating by about 100 quid up n down ..happy with my cheap ones...was tempted to change dates but now I'm into 14 day limit so it's no longer free...but may change return if world cup doesn't happen...but apparently big Spartan endurance thingie is going ahead so that's a good sign.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 0:57 Quote
Whelp as a Kiwi I'm now allowed to fly there.
Bit of a bugger that the airline just formally canceled my flights for August!
Also a bit of a bugger that it looks like I'd be charged $200 a day for a 14 day quarantine on my return.
Nope I'm still out for this season then. :-(

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 14:38 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
I have no way of knowing if it's the truth but I heard that if they dispatch a heli to come and get you then that's £20,000 straight away...

Like I say though... could have been bullshit pub talk but it doesn't sound entirely out of the question given what heli's likely cost to run.

Here in the morzine area, you don’t have to pay for a helicopter in the summer. Only during the winter season.

And even then, 20,000€ is way over the top it’d never be that much.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 0:46 Quote
im out here now and dogtags said we are covered, coming back on the 13th July....trails are running prime Smile

Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 1:20 Quote
deadpool2e wrote:
im out here now and dogtags said we are covered, coming back on the 13th July....trails are running prime Smile
I'm going out this Saturday. Is it a lot less busy than normal?

Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 1:34 Quote
Have Easyjet been pretty hot on notifying people of cancellations?

This coming Saturday will be 21 days before my booked departure so I just wondered if they were letting people know of cancellations very swiftly or if I'd be waiting until a couple of days before!

I'm definitely not going but I'm hoping that they cancel so I get a refund, but if they don't I'm planning on changing it to a Bulgaria flight in Feb.

Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 1:46 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
Have Easyjet been pretty hot on notifying people of cancellations?

This coming Saturday will be 21 days before my booked departure so I just wondered if they were letting people know of cancellations very swiftly or if I'd be waiting until a couple of days before!

I'm definitely not going but I'm hoping that they cancel so I get a refund, but if they don't I'm planning on changing it to a Bulgaria flight in Feb.
I was "notified" 18 days before departure. When I say notified, I mean i noticed on the App that the flight was cancelled. This might be because I booked through a 3rd party though.

Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 2:19 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:

Man, that is a long journey. Thought we had it bad from West Yorkshire. Do you do it in one go? We wimp out and stay over night around Torres.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017219
Mobile Version of Website