Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...
Posted: May 29, 2016 at 14:12 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
You should be able to ask the person who's doing the rebuild and they'll tell you what's happened inside the fork.
Fork is not away yet but i will enquire.

Posted: May 30, 2016 at 14:40 Quote
If my rear suspension is bucking me on jumps, do i need to change the high or low speed rebound? I get all confused haha

Posted: May 30, 2016 at 14:43 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:
If my rear suspension is bucking me on jumps, do i need to change the high or low speed rebound? I get all confused haha

Low.
HSR only really comes into play when you are very deep in the travel, eg bottoming out from a flat landing or smashing square edge hits.

O+
Posted: May 31, 2016 at 20:35 Quote
https://instagram.com/p/BFWuzfyvoXB/

Why is he doing this? How does he know what adjustments to make?

It's the test greg minnaar does for his rear shock.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 0:58 Quote
chase1212 wrote:
https://instagram.com/p/BFWuzfyvoXB/

Why is he doing this? How does he know what adjustments to make?

It's the test greg minnaar does for his rear shock.

Have a look on last part of the syndicate series. Greg is trying this setup and found it not working and pretty shitty Smile

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 13:30 Quote
Haddow-B wrote:
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
You should be able to ask the person who's doing the rebuild and they'll tell you what's happened inside the fork.
Fork is not away yet but i will enquire.

dont forget that there's a IFP in the rebound cartridge,if theres too much air in there,you might not get your travel,not saying that your problem,but its something to look into.

Posted: Jun 4, 2016 at 3:53 Quote
I've a mate with RS Revelation (RL I think), he's just getting into riding. we've swapped bikes a few times and the forks have really underwhelmed me. i've a pike now, but had all manner of forks prior. his Rev's feel subdued and dead early in the stroke, break away is dull and almost knotchy, they're composed when it gets choppy and aren't blowing thru travel or using it unnecessarily, but they're not as supple and lively as I thought they'd be - they come highly regarded.

he doesn't really know any better and I say they could do with a bit more progression and a less rebound dampening ( i gets a blank look from him when i say that).

any thoughts??
its a 130mm travel fork on a trail bike by Merida

Posted: Jun 4, 2016 at 5:36 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
I've a mate with RS Revelation (RL I think), he's just getting into riding. we've swapped bikes a few times and the forks have really underwhelmed me. i've a pike now, but had all manner of forks prior. his Rev's feel subdued and dead early in the stroke, break away is dull and almost knotchy, they're composed when it gets choppy and aren't blowing thru travel or using it unnecessarily, but they're not as supple and lively as I thought they'd be - they come highly regarded.

he doesn't really know any better and I say they could do with a bit more progression and a less rebound dampening ( i gets a blank look from him when i say that).

any thoughts??

Needs a service, new seals and oil and, like you said, faster rebound.

Posted: Jun 4, 2016 at 11:12 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
WasabiJim wrote:

any thoughts??

^^
This, id start, then go from there.

Posted: Jun 4, 2016 at 20:10 Quote
goytay wrote:
Clarkeh wrote:
WasabiJim wrote:

any thoughts??

^^

yeah...?? i would agree but its only got 20 odd hours max on it, and its pretty dry here. i thought a little more break in time would help, but then its not unheard of RS units coming with oil levels a little off.

he's getting the bike looked at/services as a whole, maybe a hands on second opinion will shed more light

cheers

Posted: Jun 4, 2016 at 21:15 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
goytay wrote:
Clarkeh wrote:

^^

yeah...?? i would agree but its only got 20 odd hours max on it, and its pretty dry here. i thought a little more break in time would help, but then its not unheard of RS units coming with oil levels a little off.

he's getting the bike looked at/services as a whole, maybe a hands on second opinion will shed more light

cheers
Some of the RS come with absolutely no oil in them, they had serious qc issues when they swapped factory, not that RS was dropping the ball, the people in the factory just didn't give a f*ck and cut all the corners they could.
I would just top up the oil and see where that gets you.

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2016 at 13:45 Quote
So I'm looking for a new fork to replace my 5.5(!) lb. Vengeance. I think I've narrowed it down to the 36 RC2 or the MRP Stage. Any thoughts?

Posted: Jun 12, 2016 at 14:54 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
So I'm looking for a new fork to replace my 5.5(!) lb. Vengeance. I think I've narrowed it down to the 36 RC2 or the MRP Stage. Any thoughts?
Stage

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2016 at 17:20 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:
Stage
I'm kinda leaning that way, care to elaborate?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015291
Mobile Version of Website