Bighit Vs. Stinky Pro's and Con's

PB Forum :: Downhill
Bighit Vs. Stinky Pro's and Con's
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 15:00 Quote
Ive noticed how many Bighit vs. threads there are, so i would like to create one to end them all. It sould all be based on the 2009 models, the original stinkey vs. the Bighit 2(middle range). I would like to create a pros and cons list on the good topics: components, weight, suspension, price etc. There are a lot of Kona haters out there so i dont want a war thread, just some pros and cons. Hope to hear some good opinions.

So far hear is the list:
Bighit- lower standover/BB
- better susp.
- tougher
- versatility
- warrenty
Stinky- floating brake
- lighter(not by much)
- common

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 15:14 Quote
come on guys, anything is good

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 15:19 Quote
big hits corner like boats.bottom bracket is too high. i think the kona stinkey geometry is horrible

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 15:22 Quote
angus05 wrote:
big hits corner like boats.bottom bracket is too high. i think the kona stinkey geometry is horrible
09s?

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 15:23 Quote
okay, umm, are you talkig about the 2009's?

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 16:01 Quote
This is very quickly going to turn in to every other bighit vs. stinky thread, it is all going to come down to FSR vs. Single Pivot, end of story.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 1:04 Quote
09 big hit is a fantastic thing actually, yes big hits were a huck bike and still are,however the new big hit is far lower both in stand over and also bottom bracket height,also supports a much slacker head angle,i actually think it feels much like a heavier sx trail now days,its more a big sx bike really.still rather lite , we have 3 on the floor at work,ranging from 19 kgs to just on 18kgs for the top model.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 1:05 Quote
ohh and i wouldnt go the kona over a specialized, its like comparing a giant to a specialized really, or a hyundai to a bmw...just far diffrent in quality and ride.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 4:58 Quote
Who cares? If people want to know they can search this forum or any others, and do their own research into what bike they want. This is utterly pointless.

Posted: Dec 10, 2008 at 3:36 Quote
are we talking about the full blown DH bighit or the FSR??

if its not the FSR then this is pointless cause theyre in entirely different leaugues, maybe bighit vs. stab might be abetter idea?!?!?

Posted: Dec 10, 2008 at 5:47 Quote
poosticks wrote:
are we talking about the full blown DH bighit or the FSR??

if its not the FSR then this is pointless cause theyre in entirely different leaugues, maybe bighit vs. stab might be abetter idea?!?!?

And what might you be talking about? The only non FSR bigHit is the Gromhit, certainly NOT a fullblown DH bike by any means.

But you are rite, if we are not all talking about the FSR BigHit, that changes things.

Posted: Dec 10, 2008 at 6:03 Quote
we have the 09 bighit 3 in our shop and it weigs 40.23 lbs i really have never liked the bighits at all. i would take a kona with a floating break over a bighit any day.

Posted: Dec 10, 2008 at 6:09 Quote
dude my bud got a stinky... the first day he got it flat tire! ever since peadals have bin breakin, cabels snapin, and also did tell you it bottoms out over a 5 foot frop!

Get a Big hit!

Posted: Dec 10, 2008 at 6:13 Quote
ajlariviere wrote:
dude my bud got a stinky... the first day he got it flat tire! ever since peadals have bin breakin, cabels snapin, and also did tell you it bottoms out over a 5 foot frop!

Get a Big hit!
umm poped tire- not the bikes fault
cables snappin- shifter/derrailers fault, not frame, or your friend shifts like a moron
bottoming out on 5 foor droppes- not jheavy neough spring, shock not set to strong enough bottom out pressure.

everythig you have listed has nothing to do with the kona. it has to do with your friend riding like a hack

Posted: Dec 10, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
ajlariviere wrote:

Get a Big hit!
umm poped tire- not the bikes fault
cables snappin- shifter/derrailers fault, not frame, or your friend shifts like a moron
bottoming out on 5 foor droppes- not jheavy neough spring, shock not set to strong enough bottom out pressure.

everythig you have listed has nothing to do with the kona. it has to do with your friend riding like a hack
haha i was about to say that...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011988
Mobile Version of Website