Where in California

PB Forum :: USA - West
Where in California
  • Previous Page
O+ FL
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 20:20 Quote
Hey, so I'm looking at moving to California next march and I was wondering where the best riding is.

Edit: I am into freeriding and DH. I was thinking down in San Diego area but i'm unsure.

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 20:24 Quote
Depends on the type of riding you do bu there are a lot of good places. Nor Cal, close to the sierras is good. So Cal is good too, just have to drive to get to all the spots and its a little more crowded.

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 20:30 Quote
move to the birth place and join the fight for our right to ride: marin county

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 20:42 Quote
Ah yes... Marin county, where all your favorite trails are illegal. Plenty of good fire road though!

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 20:44 Quote
wooo go San diego got all different types of freeride and DH. got some northshore stuff if you know where to go and got lots of fast DH trails. unfortunatly they are spread out around the county...

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 20:48 Quote
sweet, thanks you guys for all your input! Smile

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 20:53 Quote
where in cali are you moving. it's kinda a big state

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 21:08 Quote
I'm trying to decide, thats what I need help with

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 21:15 Quote
well if you are deciding on school then don't make biking a factor. but, I would say nor cal is better because i live there and there are all sorts of places that are completely legal to ride and build. You have Santa Cruz which is awesome and everything else within driving distance.

why are you moving here?

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 21:18 Quote
I'm moving there to live and work (if I have to) for like 2 months because I dont feel like going through a full winter up here, all I want to do is bike, hahaha

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 21:20 Quote
cali is hella expensive though, just fyi. price of gas has come down, but housing is redunk. but really.....norcal is better for riding. IMO

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 21:21 Quote
where else in the U.S. has good riding in the winter and relativley cheap?

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 21:23 Quote
arizoa and new mexico. moab. idk where else though. it snows in a lot of places

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 21:24 Quote
alright, thanks man for all your help.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009354
Mobile Version of Website