Post your guitar or bass!

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Post your guitar or bass!
Posted: May 28, 2009 at 3:20 Quote
photo

my squire jazz bass its the nicest bass iv ever played even though its a squire! i play a fender p-bass at school and the jazz is so much nicer to play. does anyone think it will look good with a chrome scrach plate?

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 8:05 Quote
Black on black is sick... Get a black Pick guard.

FL
Posted: May 28, 2009 at 12:45 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Or a green one. Or get the pick guard painted green. Monster colors!

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 13:41 Quote
TheDanish wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Or a green one. Or get the pick guard painted green. Monster colors!
that would be sweet haha when i get better i wanna get a duff mckagan fender bass Razz its just awsome.

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
I don´t have any uploaded pictures of my equipment. But its bassically an Ibanez GAX 70 and a gray Marshall Mini Stack.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.interstatemusic.com/wcsstore/InterstateMusic/ims/ipf/GTSGAX70TR.jpg
photo
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3550/3403763275_436c95d0f8.jpg

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 2:29 Quote
photo

these are 3 of my guitars and may favourite ones.starting from the left,my 50th anniversary fender stratocaster in Aztec gold, Wesley Gothic stealth dragon bass (I brought of my mate for 35 quid Big Grin )and i drew on it in sharpie like my brother does to his bike wheels handle bars etc (Tommahawkbike) and my hondo hummingbird which is a copy of a Gibson hummingbird Elvis dove or something like tht

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 2:38 Quote
thrice are those ur amps? cus they're well nice (y) i love Marshall stacks but i got a vox ad30vt

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 8:16 Quote
R-HAWKI wrote:
thrice are those ur amps? cus they're well nice (y) i love Marshall stacks but i got a vox ad30vt

The ones pictured are not actually mine, I just got them of the web. But my Marshal Mini Stack is identical to the one pictured. Mine come in gray though.

I love the sound. Its got that distinctive Marshall sound.

Still, it hasn´t got much power. Usually when I play with a bassist and drummer I need to borrow a bigger amp so I can be heard over the drums.

Edit: I found this picture on the web that gives you an idea of the size of the amp. Just in case you where confusing it for a Marshal Stack. There is a reason for the "Mini" part lol.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://ddrocks.com/images/lpmarshall.jpg

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 8:56 Quote
kwl,how much are they? cus dont u buy loads and build them or something

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 9:09 Quote
I guess you could. But they usually do that with the more expensive Marshall Stacks which are huge. This is more like a recreational amp, the amp head only has two outputs for speakers. But I guess you could throw some really big Marshall speakers in there.

It was a bit less than 300 USD for me about 5 years ago. Its a fun recreational amp. Nothing for a real seriuous player. Its got a vintage sound in a way. Nothing like those Line 6 amps that have tons of effects and stuff. But I´ve been happy with it.

Edit: By the way, love your guitar/bass line up.

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 10:37 Quote
lol thx.what guitar u got? my amp has lots of effects on it but i never reli use them i just use normal or distortion or theres this one i cant remember what its called which i use for playing soul to squeeze by red hot chili peppers Smile red hot chili peppers are the best.oh right i thought ur's were exactly the same as the big ones but smaller

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 11:47 Quote
I actually dislike Line 6 stuff. I wanted one at one point when I was younger. I find they're just too loaded with effects and don't have a good clean sound. The effects themselves also sound really digital and tinny to my ears.

I like my Fender Frontman 212r. When I got the amp, it was either that one, or the exact same amp loaded with effects for about $50 more. I find when amps have too much going on, the clean channel can start to fuzz out.

As for pickguards on the bass... I think almost any bass looks better without a pick guard. I never pay bass with a pick anyways. Although my bass is kind of getting worn out in some spots from slapping. Bass is all about funk!Pimp

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 12:10 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
I actually dislike Line 6 stuff. I wanted one at one point when I was younger. I find they're just too loaded with effects and don't have a good clean sound. The effects themselves also sound really digital and tinny to my ears.

I like my Fender Frontman 212r. When I got the amp, it was either that one, or the exact same amp loaded with effects for about $50 more. I find when amps have too much going on, the clean channel can start to fuzz out.

As for pickguards on the bass... I think almost any bass looks better without a pick guard. I never pay bass with a pick anyways. Although my bass is kind of getting worn out in some spots from slapping. Bass is all about funk!Pimp
i use a pick for bass(depends what im playing), im thinking about a black scratch so it will "blend" with the body.Also does anyone know any good bass lines to learn?

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 13:31 Quote
dr-lel wrote:
i use a pick for bass(depends what im playing), im thinking about a black scratch so it will "blend" with the body.Also does anyone know any good bass lines to learn?
Juicebox by the strokes is good, though many might find it easy.

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 13:44 Quote
lettusguy were u responding to me bout what i sed bout my amp? Big Grin .u can see what it sounds like soon cus im gonna put some vids on youtube

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024546
Mobile Version of Website