Post your guitar or bass!

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Post your guitar or bass!
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 14:48 Quote
dr-lel wrote:
lettusdude wrote:
I actually dislike Line 6 stuff. I wanted one at one point when I was younger. I find they're just too loaded with effects and don't have a good clean sound. The effects themselves also sound really digital and tinny to my ears.

I like my Fender Frontman 212r. When I got the amp, it was either that one, or the exact same amp loaded with effects for about $50 more. I find when amps have too much going on, the clean channel can start to fuzz out.

As for pickguards on the bass... I think almost any bass looks better without a pick guard. I never pay bass with a pick anyways. Although my bass is kind of getting worn out in some spots from slapping. Bass is all about funk!Pimp
i use a pick for bass(depends what im playing), im thinking about a black scratch so it will "blend" with the body.Also does anyone know any good bass lines to learn?

Oh! Morning Sun by the Beautiful Girls... soooo cool.

Edit: Here is a link to the tab.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/t/the_beautiful_girls/morning_sun_btab.htm

FL
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 15:07 Quote
GVSz wrote:
dr-lel wrote:
i use a pick for bass(depends what im playing), im thinking about a black scratch so it will "blend" with the body.Also does anyone know any good bass lines to learn?
Juicebox by the strokes is good, though many might find it easy.
Collapse (Post-Amerika) by Rise Against is a fun one.

Posted: May 30, 2009 at 8:52 Quote
thrice wrote:
dr-lel wrote:
lettusdude wrote:
I actually dislike Line 6 stuff. I wanted one at one point when I was younger. I find they're just too loaded with effects and don't have a good clean sound. The effects themselves also sound really digital and tinny to my ears.

I like my Fender Frontman 212r. When I got the amp, it was either that one, or the exact same amp loaded with effects for about $50 more. I find when amps have too much going on, the clean channel can start to fuzz out.

As for pickguards on the bass... I think almost any bass looks better without a pick guard. I never pay bass with a pick anyways. Although my bass is kind of getting worn out in some spots from slapping. Bass is all about funk!Pimp

around the world by red hot chili peppers,or hysteia by muse,i cant play it but my mate can,i dont play bass tho i just have one an play somethings on it Smile
Oh! Morning Sun by the Beautiful Girls... soooo cool.

Edit: Here is a link to the tab.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/t/the_beautiful_girls/morning_sun_btab.htm

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 10:36 Quote
soz,only ment to put "around the world by red hot chili peppers,or hysteia by muse,i cant play it but my mate can,i dont play bass tho i just have one an play somethings on itSmile " on the last comment.

oh yh dus anyone know a soft acoustic song to learn that isnt to hard,maybe bit romantic aswell

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 12:41 Quote
R-HAWKI wrote:
soz,only ment to put "around the world by red hot chili peppers,or hysteia by muse,i cant play it but my mate can,i dont play bass tho i just have one an play somethings on itSmile " on the last comment.

oh yh dus anyone know a soft acoustic song to learn that isnt to hard,maybe bit romantic aswell
patients by guns n roses?

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 9:07 Quote
dr-lel wrote:
R-HAWKI wrote:

Patience*

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 15:12 Quote
thrice wrote:
dr-lel wrote:
R-HAWKI wrote:

Patience*
yea thats the one haha

FL
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 15:44 Quote
R-HAWKI wrote:

Swing Life Away-Rise Against
The Great Escape-Boys Like Girls(sounds cool acoustic)
Iris-Goo Goo Dolls
Hero of War-Rise Against(Not really romantic but still fun to play)

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 9:16 Quote
Good Riddance- Green day. SUPER EASY.

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 19:35 Quote
Heres mine. Its a 1 of about 4 still in existence and was made by Baldwin Pianos in about 1964. It still plays great. The original owner used this bass to open for bands like The Rolling Stones, Janis Joplin and many others. Enjoy...and yes it is as big as it lookstup
photo
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/photo/3610/pbpic3610947.jpg
photo
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/photo/3610/pbpic3610948.jpg

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 21:31 Quote
Keep that bass in good shape, She must be worth a large amount of coin to the right buyer.

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 22:37 Quote
Yes she is, yes she isBig Grin

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 11:08 Quote
sweet,likin the bass Smile

FL
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 11:12 Quote
gofaster1000 wrote:
Heres mine. Its a 1 of about 4 still in existence and was made by Baldwin Pianos in about 1964. It still plays great. The original owner used this bass to open for bands like The Rolling Stones, Janis Joplin and many others. Enjoy...and yes it is as big as it lookstup
*SNIP*
Pretty. That's worth a lot of money. How does it sound?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.128916
Mobile Version of Website