Sunday World Cup Build

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Sunday World Cup Build
Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 9:05 Quote
that cassette is nice and shiney, it looks pretty small too!

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 9:06 Quote
awais wrote:
that cassette is nice and shiney, it looks pretty small too!
but the perfect ration for dh but not if your gonna climb

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 9:06 Quote
wtt-tmr wrote:
Doubleweinerman wrote:
http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?id=81855&page=IRD+ELITE+9+SPEED+STEEL+ALLOY+ROAD+CASSETTE
awais wrote:
could i see some pictures of the cassette?
i would go for shimano ultegra group cassette
thoose are pretty expensive though

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 9:07 Quote
what about the pg-970?

they seem pretty good.

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 9:08 Quote
awais wrote:
what about the pg-970?

they seem pretty good.
dont get anything from sram in terms of chain and cassette they dont resist I broke my chain and the cassette is crap

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 9:09 Quote
Doubleweinerman wrote:
wtt-tmr wrote:
i would go for shimano ultegra group cassette
thoose are pretty expensive though
yes the are but there is lower end ones

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 9:09 Quote
ohhhhhhhh

alright.

ill probably go with that one cassette at the top. pretty sweet.

im also not too sure about pedals..

any suggestion?

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 9:11 Quote
awais wrote:
ohhhhhhhh

alright.

any suggestion?
go clipless or some syncros

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 9:13 Quote
wtt-tmr wrote:
awais wrote:
ohhhhhhhh

alright.

any suggestion?

im scared of clipless, what happens if you do a gap or a drop and you bail. that bikes commin with you. also ive heard that if your feet are not stright you can break you ancle. cause the pedals are designed for people who ride with the feet pointed stight forward. i might be wrong tho. syncros mental pedals?

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 9:14 Quote
awais wrote:
wtt-tmr wrote:
awais wrote:
ohhhhhhhh

alright.

any suggestion?

im scared of clipless, what happens if you do a gap or a drop and you bail. that bikes commin with you. also ive heard that if your feet are not stright you can break you ancle. cause the pedals are designed for people who ride with the feet pointed stight forward. i might be wrong tho. syncros mental pedals?
yep they really grip or just get some specialized ones, with clipless they have adjustable angles wich the pop off im gonna test them out this season

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 9:14 Quote
wtt-tmr wrote:
awais wrote:
Here is my build for 09 season. ive already got a few parts. Bars and Shifter. Let me know if i can improve on anything. I would like to keep it under 38 pounds. if thats possible. thanks guys. take a look!

Frame: 2008 Iron Horse Sunday World Cup
Fork: Boxxer World Cup Black Lowers With Green Stickers
Seat Post: Thomson Elite SDG I beam
Shifter: SRAM X-0
Derailleur: SRAM X-O
Brakes: Elixir CR with carbon blades
Cranks: Saints maybe gravity light
Pedals: 5050XX
Wheels: DT Swiss FR 2350 823 or 729 on pro II or dt hub and all tubeless
Stem: Sunline Direct Mount Stem
Bars: Easton Monkey Light DH
Grips: Sunline Lock-On
Seat: WTB Silverado SDG i-fly or formula
Chain Guide: Gamut
Cassette: pg-970 roadie cassette
Tire: ???? maxxis UST depending on your conditions
Chain: ????shimano hg chain with sram power link
Shock: CCDB or vivid 5.1
heres the stuff i would get

My 2 cents:

1. Gravity Light bends easily and Saint are heavy. Go for Hozzfeller OCT (not the crappy Hussefelt!)

2. Elixir R is a bit lighter than CR and way cheaper, you could save some money right there, besides i'm sure you will never use the "contact adjustment dial" (I've never used mine so far..)

3. This wheel-set "DT FR 2350" is race only.. It won't last 3 or 4 runs in full race speed, it was made to dent easily, on the other hand you wont get a flat!

The EX1750 is a regular all around wheel-set and wont dent after 3 or 4 runs.

The lightest wheel on the market would be Industry Nine rear Hub and Spokes and 729 rim on the back (strong and reliable).. And Hadley front hub, Sapin spokes and Sun MTX 31 rim on the front wheel (strong and super light).
Mavic 823 rims are way soft, you might get some nasty dents quickly..

4. Most important; The Double Barrel shock IS NOT compatible with your Sunday frame.. It fits fine, but you can't get it perfectly dialed with the DW Link (these are the words from the Iron Horse guys them selves..)

Just my 2 cents, good luck.
Cheers!

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 9:17 Quote
I know a guy that told me i9's loosen easily and fast

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 9:18 Quote
allenrotstein wrote:
wtt-tmr wrote:
awais wrote:
Here is my build for 09 season. ive already got a few parts. Bars and Shifter. Let me know if i can improve on anything. I would like to keep it under 38 pounds. if thats possible. thanks guys. take a look!

Frame: 2008 Iron Horse Sunday World Cup
Fork: Boxxer World Cup Black Lowers With Green Stickers
Seat Post: Thomson Elite SDG I beam
Shifter: SRAM X-0
Derailleur: SRAM X-O
Brakes: Elixir CR with carbon blades
Cranks: Saints maybe gravity light
Pedals: 5050XX
Wheels: DT Swiss FR 2350 823 or 729 on pro II or dt hub and all tubeless
Stem: Sunline Direct Mount Stem
Bars: Easton Monkey Light DH
Grips: Sunline Lock-On
Seat: WTB Silverado SDG i-fly or formula
Chain Guide: Gamut
Cassette: pg-970 roadie cassette
Tire: ???? maxxis UST depending on your conditions
Chain: ????shimano hg chain with sram power link
Shock: CCDB or vivid 5.1

My 2 cents:

1. Gravity Light bends easily and Saint are heavy. Go for Hozzfeller OCT (not the crappy Hussefelt!)

2. Elixir R is a bit lighter than CR and way cheaper, you could save some money right there, besides i'm sure you will never use the "contact adjustment dial" (I've never used mine so far..)

3. This wheel-set "DT FR 2350" is race only.. It won't last 3 or 4 runs in full race speed, it was made to dent easily, on the other hand you wont get a flat!

The lightest wheel on the market would be Industry Nine rear Hub and Spokes and 729 rim on the back (strong and reliable).. And Hadley front hub, Sapin spokes and Sun MTX 31 rim on the front wheel (strong and super light).

4. Most important; The Double Barrel shock IS NOT compatible with your Sunday frame.. It fits fine, but you can't get it perfectly dialed with the DW Link (these are the words from the Iron Horse guys them selves..)

Cheers!

i dont see why the wheels bend... thats dumb imo. what about stypes on demon hubs? i have that on my shore. theyve lasted me for quite a while. i was contemplating on what brake set to get. i wanted the codes but i also wanted to keep the bike under 38 pounds. do you think it would be under 38 pounds with a few minor tweeks?

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 9:24 Quote
awais wrote:
allenrotstein wrote:
wtt-tmr wrote:

My 2 cents:

Cheers!

i dont see why the wheels bend... thats dumb imo. what about stypes on demon hubs? i have that on my shore. theyve lasted me for quite a while. i was contemplating on what brake set to get. i wanted the codes but i also wanted to keep the bike under 38 pounds. do you think it would be under 38 pounds with a few minor tweeks?

They do dent so you don't get a flat (which is a must for sponsored Pro athletes!), last WC here in Mt St Anne, Steve Peat went trough 5 sets on that weekend.. Stay away, unless youre really rich, which i'm not.. haha

Don't get the Codes.. i do have them and there quite heavy, on the other hand there faultless!
If i were on the market for new brakes I'd get this setup: Elixir R front 203mm and Elixir R 185mm Rear (i guess you're under 180pounds)

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 9:27 Quote
oh ok, ill probably look at some s-type hoops and maybe chirs king hubs ? caus ei was gonna put a bit of money into the wheels. but after this bike i think im gonna have to find a full time job. i whight 200pounds flat. i ahve a pair of codes on my shore and i was thinking elixir leavers with code calipers?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012059
Mobile Version of Website