Bike Painting Guides and Pictures of Your Work

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Bike Painting Guides and Pictures of Your Work
Author Message
Posted: Apr 2, 2017 at 0:14 Quote
That's really. I rly done,

And if you're wondering what that means I can translate:

That's really nicely done. The first effort was hampered by fat fingers on my phone.

Posted: Apr 4, 2017 at 8:31 Quote
Where did you get the decals or did you stencil them?
viciouscycleworx wrote:

my venge after i custom painted it

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 4:57 Quote
Wyeth-GR wrote:
Where did you get the decals or did you stencil them?
viciouscycleworx wrote:

my venge after i custom painted it

i had negative and positive stencils made for the lettering, its bare carbon inside the lettering

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 11:13 Quote
Ok, it looks awesome
viciouscycleworx wrote:
Wyeth-GR wrote:
Where did you get the decals or did you stencil them?
viciouscycleworx wrote:

my venge after i custom painted it

i had negative and positive stencils made for the lettering, its bare carbon inside the lettering

Posted: Apr 22, 2017 at 21:39 Quote
S-works is sweet here was my latest. Tried something different with hydrographics.
Really happy how this came out.
Really happy how this came out.
Really happy how this came out.

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 6:54 Quote
I'm not a fan of hydro graphics myself, the bike looks good. The linkage is definetly weird....
I like the f*ck cancer sticker Salute

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 7:54 Quote
That image wasn't the best in my experience with hydrographics. Had pretty poor conformity. Had much better jobs on rifle but stocks with other graphics. Overall I'm pleased. Thanks.

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 13:23 Quote
Anyone any good at identifying text fonts? I'm about to paint my 2015 Enduro and I'd like to get some vinyl decals made up to use as masks, anyone know what the font is for the top tube "Enduro" text?

Cheers.

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 14:09 Quote
USMC wrote:
S-works is sweet here was my latest. Tried something different with hydrographics.
Really happy how this came out.
Really happy how this came out.
Really happy how this came out.

Im digging the hydrographics. just a little splash of color looks sweet.

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 14:58 Quote
debonis wrote:
my recent work.
First fade paint job...kinda f*cked up by taping off first colour so there s a line but overall happy.


I'm not usually a fan of yellow or pink, but I actually really like that. I like the orange as well.


I have an old no majesty with the clear coat fade. So I'm kinda biased on colour fades , but nice colours

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 14:59 Quote
thanks. The orange was kind of unintentional, as they're fluorescent paints, so there's a bit of transparency to them(hence the orange)...but yea the orange happened when I sprayed over the yellow with the pink. I kinda like how it adds to it.

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 16:22 Quote
Did you use like construction marker paint?

That stuff fades bad, the pink turns salmon after a few days, if you did use the marker paint I think if you clear coated it you might have a chance of it not fading.

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 16:30 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Did you use like construction marker paint?

That stuff fades bad, the pink turns salmon after a few days, if you did use the marker paint I think if you clear coated it you might have a chance of it not fading.

I used just regular fluoro paint, not marker paint. Marker paint comes with a different style nozzle to spray straight up/down.

I've got 2 coats of clear on it now. Might do a 3rd tomorrow.

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 4:53 Quote
Good to hear, I had a gf who painted things on her cAr with the construction paint. It was neon pink to salmon In less than a week.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019799
Mobile Version of Website