Hope we can all enjoy this one,
All the best . Pete

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
Also I have saved the photos on my profile, Love to see them up close, take a while to ride the big planets, imagine a weightless environment, !! The gaps, oh the gaps, Downhill could be miles up LOL !

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 15:37 Quote
Hate to burst your bubble but the larger the planet the stronger the gravitational pull... Humans can't survive on Jupiter because the gravity is something like 2.54 times stronger then earth... So I'd weigh like well over 400 pounds...

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 15:56 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
Hate to burst your bubble but the larger the planet the stronger the gravitational pull... Humans can't survive on Jupiter because the gravity is something like 2.54 times stronger then earth... So I'd weigh like well over 400 pounds...

Dam, a floor in the plan, Oh well. The moon it is then LOL.

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 16:00 Quote
hahahaha. "Earth is invisible at this scale."
next one: "Jupiter is invisible at this scale."

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 21:20 Quote
now if we could build a downhill track on the moon!

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 15:10 Quote
lol take a look at this, http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2706/spaceb.jpg i think its pretty interesting, oh and you might have to enlarge it

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 9:13 Quote
hosay75 wrote:
lol take a look at this, http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2706/spaceb.jpg i think its pretty interesting, oh and you might have to enlarge it

That is absolutely amazing. I saw a little youtube video about this a while back, but every time I see it i still find it just as fascinating.

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 15:09 Quote
I once heard that the latest speculations on the size of the universe where astronomically (redundant i know) large.

I can´t remember where I read it. But it said that if the known visible universe where the size of a grain of sand. Then the real size of the entire universe compared to that grain of sand would be the size of the visible universe.

I hope you guys can follow. It just means super huge. Kind of like a supermonster.

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 15:52 Quote
thrice wrote:
I once heard that the latest speculations on the size of the universe where astronomically (redundant i know) large.

I can´t remember where I read it. But it said that if the known visible universe where the size of a grain of sand. Then the real size of the entire universe compared to that grain of sand would be the size of the visible universe.

I hope you guys can follow. It just means super huge. Kind of like a supermonster.

Oh yes I follow. But one thing.

Big grain or little grain?Wink

That's actually huge beyond comprehension. Like the mind cannot visualize that no matter what.
I'm actually convinced that the Cosmos, maybe not our universe but existence, is infinite.
Still, at the size that you're talking about, it might as well be haha.

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 16:21 Quote
marty660 wrote:
thrice wrote:

Oh yes I follow. But one thing.

Big grain or little grain?Wink

That's actually huge beyond comprehension. Like the mind cannot visualize that no matter what.
I'm actually convinced that the Cosmos, maybe not our universe but existence, is infinite.
Still, at the size that you're talking about, it might as well be haha.

Yeah, one other thing that came to mind (I tend to read a lot about these things, but just for fun), is that time migh also be a concept that exist within the universe. Meaning it doesn´t have to exist in every corner of the universe. Also it might be finite. Meaning that there once was a time where the universe was timeless, and there might come a time when it will be again.

It all makes so much sense when you read it, then trying to explain it is the hard part. This is all theorican physics of course. But its just ways to explain what hasn´t been explained. Anyway I kind of went off there, but I think it gives an idea of how big the universe might actually be. And then again, that is if we are talking about there only being one universe Eek

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 7:12 Quote
This reminded me of the simpsons intro where the "camera" like goes out and out and out, and then ends up where it started...Imagine if you could do that in real life, like hit the edge of the universe and then pop out on the other side....

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2706/spaceb.jpg

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 8:09 Quote
I've heard about that last bit. Ridiculous stuff.
Makes you realize how small and alone we really are.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023618
Mobile Version of Website