post yor older model vps bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
post yor older model vps bikes
Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 17:08 Quote
planekid wrote:
Well, i just got the Lyrik solo air, thought id mount it. IMO looks and rides sweet!

photo

photo

photo

Front 729 to come soon.

And if anyones wondering, ITs a 2000 VPS 2

"The first" slopestyle bikeSmile lol
dude, a f*cking beast man...i'd definetly mount that bad boy when it dies

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 6:27 Quote
Thats the plan, once in retirement its gonna have a wall rack.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 7:10 Quote
<Photo does not exist: 2143953>
my 03 VPS launch, had a few problems when i bought it in January...just got all the kinks worked out like a month ago, but still not a bad buy for $450

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 10:18 Quote
redline-45 wrote:

looks just like mine, how do you find urs?

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 15:25 Quote
[PI= size=m align=c][/PI]
thats my baby

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 15:42 Quote
norcoID wrote:
redline-45 wrote:

looks just like mine, how do you find urs?
pretty damn good, its a little bit shaky and rattles like a motherf*cker on downhills but other than that its amazing

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 13:55 Quote
I just thought i would say that I think the older VPS (2003ish) are better than the new ones...much much more stylish. I have a blue 03 launch and I like it, unfortunately i havent been able to do much free riding on it...but when i get a job(been in college) im going to put new stuff on it...theres a sweet pair of 07 888's at my bike store for 650 new. crazy eh?
...my bike actually is mismatched..i bought my first serious bike, the 07 norco chaos..(crap) the frame was messed so they sent it to norco and they gave me a 2003 launch frame....so basically its a launch with not as good as launch components. i bought 07 marzochhi z.1 6" for it and has just been a trail bike.
i had it for sale on here and only got offered 900 bucks..screw that, way nicer bike than that....
im going to get new brakes, stem, rear rim...(24") ...seat and maybe handle bars...i think the drivetrain being shimano alivio works well as it is.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 15:19 Quote
norcolaunchme wrote:
i had it for sale on here and only got offered 900 bucks..screw that, way nicer bike than that....

Sorry but old norco VPS's are junk. You should feel lucky you got offered $900 for your old junk. YOU may like it, but there are 07 Shore 3's for sale for $1200, what makes you think some old clunky heavy bike is worth more than $900 ?

People show these bikes off and keep them around for nostalgia reasons, not because they are good bikes. Really, these bikes only got decent after 2005.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 15:25 Quote
get a new frame, not a norco

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 17:19 Quote
jonathancole wrote:
norcolaunchme wrote:

Sorry but old norco VPS's are junk. You should feel lucky you got offered $900 for your old junk. YOU may like it, but there are 07 Shore 3's for sale for $1200, what makes you think some old clunky heavy bike is worth more than $900 ?

People show these bikes off and keep them around for nostalgia reasons, not because they are good bikes. Really, these bikes only got decent after 2005.
what...the...f*ck...are...you...smoking?????!!!!????? theres a reason why there are so many pre-2005 vps model norcos around. its because they're indestructable and damn good, solid bikes.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 17:24 Quote
redline-45 wrote:
jonathancole wrote:
norcolaunchme wrote:

what...the...f*ck...are...you...smoking?????!!!!????? theres a reason why there are so many pre-2005 vps model norcos around. its because they're indestructable and damn good, solid bikes.

So completely wrong. They're a decent bike at best. Light? Yes contrary to their looks they are quite light, but the rear triangle is hideously under built. 60-70% of them failed because their too thin and small. I've also seen the ht ripped off of plenty.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 17:48 Quote
redline-45 wrote:
theres a reason why there are so many pre-2005 vps model norcos around. its because they're indestructable and damn good, solid bikes.

Bikes don't earn the term "VPS rattle" by being "solid".

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 17:51 Quote
jonathancole wrote:
redline-45 wrote:
theres a reason why there are so many pre-2005 vps model norcos around. its because they're indestructable and damn good, solid bikes.

Bikes don't earn the term "VPS rattle" by being "solid".

VPS rattle means nothing I've seen bikes that sound like they're going to fall apart but are acctually fine.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 18:07 Quote
how do you post pictures

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 18:11 Quote
dylan1knight wrote:
how do you post pictures
right click on the pic you want to upload.... go to properties, at the top it will list an image number something like pb877484, copy the number only, then post message, click on pbimage above the text feild, 4 symbols over, then paste the number in there... kinda confusing, but its not that hard.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.043019
Mobile Version of Website