General marzocchi fox and RS suspension talk and Q&A

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
General marzocchi fox and RS suspension talk and Q&A
Posted: Oct 3, 2010 at 22:02 Quote
you could take some oil out to make it faster. or put lighter weight oil inside.

Posted: Oct 3, 2010 at 22:03 Quote
nah man, after i put my bike upside down overnight i had full adjustability, i can set it anywhere from turtle speed to pogo stick

Posted: Oct 3, 2010 at 22:04 Quote
wow, WTF?lol typical marzo

Posted: Oct 3, 2010 at 22:22 Quote
Nobble wrote:
tyfoon72 wrote:
just wondering... would a 2010 transition bottlerocket be a good choice for an all round bike, i ride trails, dirt jumps, and lots of stuff, i would like to be able to do lots with one bike. if so what is a good choice for forks? there are 3 fork options: 36 van 160, 36 float 160, and 36 talas 160. what would be the best for my riding?
yes and 36 van
thanks dude

Posted: Oct 4, 2010 at 22:31 Quote
^^ it might not be the best trail bike, heavy climber and a tad uncomfortable after an hour or so of trail riding.

Posted: Oct 5, 2010 at 19:34 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
^^ it might not be the best trail bike, heavy climber and a tad uncomfortable after an hour or so of trail riding.
what do you think would be a better option in the same price range?

Posted: Oct 6, 2010 at 2:29 Quote
might want to ask in another thread.... Salute

but some of the banshee rigs look the part, the spitfire?? i think maybe

Posted: Oct 6, 2010 at 11:15 Quote
Nobble wrote:
yo13bo wrote:
ok i found a recipe to fix an 08 marzocchi dj1 with an unresponsive rebound adjuster :

step 1: leave bike upside down
step 2: there is no step 2 Blank Stare

much cheaper solution than sending it to marzocchi to get it fixed
or you could get rid of it and buy a fork from a real company Wink

what's wrong with NON 2008-2009 Marzocchi forks that make them not "real"?

Posted: Oct 6, 2010 at 19:26 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
might want to ask in another thread.... Salute

but some of the banshee rigs look the part, the spitfire?? i think maybe
yeah. youre probably thinking of the wildcard which i like Smile

Posted: Dec 16, 2010 at 15:09 Quote
Did anyone read the little blurb in the latest MTB action Magazine, New shock from marzocchi coming out, most likely in 2012

Posted: Dec 16, 2010 at 16:51 Quote
naturaltalent wrote:
Did anyone read the little blurb in the latest MTB action Magazine, New shock from marzocchi coming out, most likely in 2012
where? i'm looking at the latest issue right now.

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 at 9:14 Quote
Nobble wrote:
naturaltalent wrote:
A few pages into the interbike special, right beside the blurbs about the 888's

Posted: Dec 21, 2010 at 19:30 Quote
naturaltalent wrote:
Nobble wrote:
naturaltalent wrote:
A few pages into the interbike special, right beside the blurbs about the 888's
page 84 to be more precise Im getting one of those for sure when they will be out Salute look sick be there's little known about that shox on the internet or even on marzo website

Posted: Apr 7, 2011 at 10:50 Quote
I am a proud owner a 2006 888VF in South Africa.

I recently took it to the only Marzocchi agent in South Africa - Johan Bornman(good but not enough experience in the 888 area yet).

I wanted to upgrade the internal rebound - to external adjustments.

He had one in stock, it has two external adjustments - one at the top(compression??) and one at the bottom(rebound???). All on the right leg.

But upon installation, with a new (much shorter) top plug, he could not get the correct preload on the spring with this new cartridge.

I think we are missing a part - is there any spacer or something that must be placed between the spring and new plug with external adjustment????

Something like the old cartridge - it had a long plug with an extra black plastic spacer tube to get correct preload.

Please advise what we are missing!

Thank you very much!

Ryan

Posted: Aug 22, 2011 at 14:36 Quote
hi can anyone help me please im going to be servicing my 2010 dj1's and i want to remove the coil i have been told by windwave this is possible but i will need an air stop valve or something can anyone point one of these out to me as i have no clue what im looking for and windwave just presumed i did

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018042
Mobile Version of Website