Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 17:21 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
C’mon OB.... you know you cant stop ZZ Top’n yer stockin’

to be fair, i support feeding the ducks when one needs to take the edge off, but keep heelies man jam away from my socks.
chef i agree completely about the grace and majesty of our sea cow bretheren. one of my more significant drive by mooning memories had a bystander describe my ass as " it looked like a manatee with one sideburn sticking its head out the window".

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 17:26 Quote
You know you want some of this!! Pimp Pimp

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 6:29 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
So Im sitting on the toilet at Lowes home center..... I was in a panic. I had been putting off a certain necessity wandering around looking at decor options.... While some large area rugs caught my eye a very large man assisted me with price checks... a woft of putrid diarrhea hit me and I was convinced the warm feeling between my legs was a sure indication something horrible had just happened and I’d have to abandon ship after a cleanup on isle shitz... false alarm! It was that stinker employee who’d shit the farm. Wearing long pants sure can play tricks on a fella. Too damn hot.

Dude that is aweful. Everyone’s been there.

I am thinking about snow boarding this year. I am not good at it as I only learned a couple of years ago. Last time I went I caught an edge by the lift line and hit so hard a fart was knocked out of me so violently I thought I had torn my sphincter. I was so serious about it that I had to put my hand down and check to make sure there was no blood or anything else as the lift line looked at me in horror. Nothing there I’m ok didn’t seem to impress anyone. Thank god for the scarves and toques as I got away with it

ps. i t looks like we will be in around Bellingham may long weekend.

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 6:37 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
So Im sitting on the toilet at Lowes home center..... I was in a panic. I had been putting off a certain necessity wandering around looking at decor options.... While some large area rugs caught my eye a very large man assisted me with price checks... a woft of putrid diarrhea hit me and I was convinced the warm feeling between my legs was a sure indication something horrible had just happened and I’d have to abandon ship after a cleanup on isle shitz... false alarm! It was that stinker employee who’d shit the farm. Wearing long pants sure can play tricks on a fella. Too damn hot.

Dude that is aweful. Everyone’s been there.

I am thinking about snow boarding this year. I am not good at it as I only learned a couple of years ago. Last time I went I caught an edge by the lift line and hit so hard a fart was knocked out of me so violently I thought I had torn my sphincter. I was so serious about it that I had to put my hand down and check to make sure there was no blood or anything else as the lift line looked at me in horror. Nothing there I’m ok didn’t seem to impress anyone. Thank god for the scarves and toques as I got away with it

ps. i t looks like we will be in around Bellingham may long weekend.

I will teach you how to snowboard! I have many years of teaching people, however I would recommend to go ride powder as soon as you can link turns as this will blow your mind how fun it is!

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 6:51 Quote
Home from the last 5 day hospital stay. Severe pancreatitis this time. The situation apparently resolved itself, according to the MRI. I've never been in so much pain.

The doctors tell me I was lucky to be in the hospital less than 2 hours after the symptoms started, and with that many days laid up in a bed I had some time to do some reading. Lucky because the mortality rates start to climb suddenly the longer you wait.

This is the Older Riders forum, so I thought I would mention this here. I learned a lesson: If you're feeling shitty you need to see a doctor. Just toughing it out for one more day can lead to a disaster.

Take care of yourselves.

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 7:19 Quote
husstler wrote:
Home from the last 5 day hospital stay. Severe pancreatitis this time. The situation apparently resolved itself, according to the MRI. I've never been in so much pain.

The doctors tell me I was lucky to be in the hospital less than 2 hours after the symptoms started, and with that many days laid up in a bed I had some time to do some reading. Lucky because the mortality rates start to climb suddenly the longer you wait.

This is the Older Riders forum, so I thought I would mention this here. I learned a lesson: If you're feeling shitty you need to see a doctor. Just toughing it out for one more day can lead to a disaster.

Take care of yourselves.
wow, happy you're home and the situation is addressed. I think a lot of us listen to our bodies a lot more than we used to in our 20's. I will follow your advice!

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 8:11 Quote
Glad to hear you are back home Huss!! That sounds like a rough stay!

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 8:13 Quote
Hit me up before you head to Bham VJ. I will jam up and show you some more off grid stuff if our timing aligns...

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 8:15 Quote
Damn Huss. Well played. Glad you are on the mend.

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 8:24 Quote
Glad you're on the mend!

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 9:05 Quote
Good work Huss. I'm glad you got through that. Yes, the doctor. I do not like going. But sometimes you should. I am presently very uncomfortable in the lower back. I have gone to the doctor because I can't tell if its bone, muscle or maybe some internal organ that's about to have a problem. It doesn't even hurt enough to bother with right now. But at 51, maybe my kidneys are on the blink, or maybe a surgery now could make me comfortable, a surgery that they might not want to do when I'm 60, or 70.

We're getting on down the road here.

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 10:06 Quote
Jezus huss...what a ride.

I was wondering what you guys "in the know" think of the Rocky Mountain Slayer review. It looks like the rear end of the bike blew up on the rider but its difficult to tell if it was the axle or the rear end itself. How does a company dig out from under something like this? I know that it could have been just a one off issue but the photos of the bike show that it is a mess. Anyway, just curious to what people that actually know how the industry works thing about this.

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 10:59 Quote
Every frame I've broken has been either a clean break in the tubing or a crack in a weld. And they have mostly been rider error. This one seems a little different. I'm thinking it's an axle issue, either too tight, too lose or perhaps just the wrong axle for the application. Not sure. But being all twisted up like that seems a bit strange.

Edit: missed the "in the know"! I know nothing!

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 11:17 Quote
Yep need to get shit checked out and keep going back if you think there is a problem no need to tough it out. My Dad had double valve replacement done this spring and the symptoms have been creeping in for years but he just put them off and wasn't persistent with the doc about it.

Same thing with my mom having some nerve issues that she has been dealing with for years she recently went to the pain clinic and within a month they had things figured out and she is able to function with much less pain.

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 11:54 Quote
husstler wrote:

Take care of yourselves.

Glad you ok ... never a good place to be

Indeed tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.043397
Mobile Version of Website