Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 7:12 Quote
chops wrote:

This is/was my way to pickup 3 kids from kindergarten and preschool. 2 in the chariot oldest on his bike. Setup is about 1 foot shorter than the mini van.

This is how we have been rolling. 1.5 year old in the trailer, 5 year old on the MacRide if he's tired or on his bike if he's not. My wife rolls around on a carbon XC hardtail asking why I'm breathing hard and reminding me why it's called a granny gear.

photo

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 7:13 Quote
husstler wrote:
chops wrote:

This is/was my way to pickup 3 kids from kindergarten and preschool. 2 in the chariot oldest on his bike. Setup is about 1 foot shorter than the mini van.

This is how we have been rolling. 1.5 year old in the trailer, 5 year old on the MacRide if he's tired or on his bike if he's not. My wife rolls around on a carbon XC hardtail asking why I'm breathing hard and reminding me why it's called a granny gear.

photo
Killer rig too bro!!

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 7:18 Quote
There are literal mountains of research papers proving out the benefits of having at least one parent at home for children. Between keeping up with the Jones' and misguided feminism, kids have gotten the shortest end of the stick and it's well reflected in the average shithead wandering the internet on any given day.

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 7:39 Quote
Also have a towwhee which is wicked. Wife rides down trails with the 5 year old and I shuttle all of them up. I let her win (anniversary present)

Views: 174    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 7:49 Quote
chops wrote:
Also have a towwhee which is wicked. Wife rides down trails with the 5 year old and I shuttle all of them up. I let her win (anniversary present)

Yes, we have a Tow Whee too and it's pretty good. I have only run my kid into one chain link fence when he got distracted. He doesn't get distracted any more.

It's crazy how much fun stuff there is to do nowadays with kids on bikes. My kids' 20" plus bike seems pretty awesome, with hydraulic brakes and stuff. Or the MacRide where we could do shuttle laps in Fernie and Golden ... or kid sized Camelbaks ...

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 8:05 Quote
d-man wrote:

Parenting is one of the toughest jobs there is, it's rewarding and a pain in the ass.

Preach brother. Love being a dad...most days. Being around full time right now is pretty great. The home learning stuff is going fine...its what I do for a living so I know the game. The free time stuff has been pretty funny. Getting my kids to go on an adventure is like pulling teeth for some reason. Takes forever to get their shit sorted out, whining, complaining etc and then once we are out, they have the "best day ever". Turds.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 8:31 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
d-man wrote:

Parenting is one of the toughest jobs there is, it's rewarding and a pain in the ass.

Preach brother. Love being a dad...most days. Being around full time right now is pretty great. The home learning stuff is going fine...its what I do for a living so I know the game. The free time stuff has been pretty funny. Getting my kids to go on an adventure is like pulling teeth for some reason. Takes forever to get their shit sorted out, whining, complaining etc and then once we are out, they have the "best day ever". Turds.

yeah I remember those days when they were young enough that they had to come along any adventures we decided now I have 2 teenage daughters who I need to put together a peace plan that rivals what the Israelis and Palestinians have negotiated. Sometimes it involves some giving in sometimes its open conflict followed by the UN stepping in to separate the warring factions!!!!
I am enjoying the single dad gig as they know they can't pull the emotion card as it doesn't work with me.
They are discovering that life with dad however simple it is. It is a good break from their time at their mom's
Talking about the pandemic and the impact around them is giving them better perspective on the whole thing and helping them progress how they think about it.

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 8:46 Quote
Cool rigs!!!!! I hear the mom staying home thing... we did it up until the last maybe two years and even then its been part time for her... very hard in an expensive area but well worth every sacrifice.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 9:07 Quote
All the cool bike shit they have for kids now is unreal. Run bikes, mac ride, real kids size bike and no damn training wheels.

My kids never really got the biking bug but my oldest played rugby and my son loves hiking so we each have our own things together.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 14:57 Quote
Well... our bikes were stolen...

silver lining.... we don’t need to wonder about whether it’s appropriate or responsible to ride mountain bikes during a pandemic...

I guess “We’re all in this together” means you just take shit that you think you need.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 14:59 Quote
That sucks man.... thieves suck especially now since you cant just go out and get what you need to replace if you could.

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 15:06 Quote
That is f*cked up, sorry to hear that for sure !

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 15:15 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:

silver lining.... we don’t need to wonder about whether it’s appropriate or responsible to ride mountain bikes during a pandemic...

I guess “We’re all in this together” means you just take shit that you think you need.
What the f*ck??? How... what happened?

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 15:23 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:

What the f*ck??? How... what happened?

We live in a fifth wheel... about as sound proof as a tent... bikes were locked to our trailer and we’re always here... self isolated. I thought I heard a grinder while we were sleeping, but the grounds keepers here are always working so didn’t think anything of it.

We’re in an rv Park in close quarters with everyone so it was insane ballsy

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 15:31 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
That sucks man.... thieves suck especially now since you cant just go out and get what you need to replace if you could.

I dont know, bike shops are doing appointments for shopping.

Especially if you have a couple fat insurance cheques to burn.

Still shitty though. Rates going to go up?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.045187
Mobile Version of Website