Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 12:51 Quote
f*ck running, that's why we invented the wheel lol!

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 13:19 Quote
d-man wrote:
f*ck running, that's why we invented the wheel lol!

d-man FTW...!!!

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 13:35 Quote
Amen to that... I've never been fast but even when running wasn't pure hell I still hated it. My fastest mile times were only ever mid 7's and I'd be surprised if I could crack ten minutes now lol I did run a 4.8 40 at 260lbs at one point though so there's that at least.

At this point I have zero interest in any type of running activity. Unless I'm being chased, I'm not running.

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 15:14 Quote
Trying to convince myself to do an off-road triathlon again. There is a local one I am thinking of for next year. Good for fitness boost but I always have trouble getting motivated to run/swim in the summer months when the riding is pretty damn good.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 15:23 Quote
I play lots of hoops still which obviously requires nonstop running. Dreading the day I can’t play ball anymore. Then it’ll be just bikes and snowboarding for this old fart.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 16:10 Quote
I got one short leg now... so I now run like the hunchback of notredame. Maybe I have a career in the theater!

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 16:14 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I've torn the meniscus in my right knee three times now, and have had to have about 60% of it removed at this point... toss in and ACL tear and an MCL tear and my right knee is f*cked. Oddly, after getting hit by the car in January, it's lost some lateral flexibility somehow despite not getting thrashed at all during the accident. If I try to sit with my right leg crossed over my left or sit indian style, I can't actually bring that knee flat anymore. Sticks up at like 30 degrees now and doesn't want to stretch back down. Guessing I did something to the LCL or maybe some IT band issues, I dunno... I just know getting old is absolute bullshit and I wanna talk to a manager about this nonsense.

That’s some funny shit right there. I can definitely relate to this, especially since I had 2 crashes in the last couple weeks. First one, I was cruising down a hill on my skateboard wearing shorts and flip flops, carrying 2 bags of chips going to a buddies house for a poker game. I saw a crack in the sidewalk coming up, so I bailed down a driveway to go into the street. But where the driveway met the street there was an even bigger lip than the sidewalk had, f*ck! I was going too fast to jump off so I just lifted the front wheels and hoped for the best since I was already committed. Needless to say, I went flying. Jacked my already hurt right wrist, both palms were deeply bruised and bleeding, road rash on my left knee and both feet/toes. Oh, almost forgot, I landed on and crushed one of the bags of chips and a dude driving by saw the whole thing and asked if I was ok, yes, well no, but mostly just embarrassed. I thought about going back home after that, but decided poker and lots of beer would help the pain more. Did I mention I lost all of my money in poker that night, to quad kings no less. Then 3 days later, while riding my mountain bike, I was bombing a DH with an off camber right turn that was loose over hard pack dirt. I lost my front end and went flying, again. Landed on the same sore and scabby left side and tore it up even more and jacked up, (probably tore) my left shoulder which I’ve previously had surgery on and now have a large scab on my left elbow. I was so pissed! Then I went for a longer, but easy less technical ride just for the workout and now my right knee is really sore. I think I must have been favoring it. So I just looked up the hyaluronic acid and I see that it comes from rooster comb. This is the same stuff I’ve had injected into my left knee by my orthopedic surgeon years ago after knee surgery, (completely torn ACL and meniscus). That shit helped a lot then, so I’m having the wife order some now. Right now the worst pain is my shoulder, which I feel like is torn again. Getting old definitely sucks. I also need to talk to the manager about this BS.

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 16:44 Quote
Fell down stairs twice last week
Face planted bike again
Did some unknown thing to my ankles to make them hurt like hell
Burnt a finger on a hot drill bit
WD40 in the eye

Getting old hasn’t hurt that much yet. Getting careless and old has.

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 16:59 Quote
husstler wrote:
Fell down stairs twice last week
Face planted bike again
Did some unknown thing to my ankles to make them hurt like hell
Burnt a finger on a hot drill bit
WD40 in the eye

Getting old hasn’t hurt that much yet. Getting careless and old has.

Old and fragile beats young and dumb any day of the week. Old guys rule!

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 17:45 Quote
My house listed sat morning. We accepted offer today around noon. Put a offer on house sat night in Vernon was accepted at dinner time tonight. As long as or financing and other buyers financing go through we are in the clear.
VERNON BABY!!!!! I’m pretty much going to broke with this venture but will be shipped off to pipeline probably by sept.
The dates the selllers picked of vacancy and possession of new house are crazy.
Sept 16 vacancy / wife’s birthday, sept 18 possession/ my birthday. I kid you not!
What are the odds .

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 17:55 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
My house listed sat morning. We accepted offer today around noon. Put a offer on house sat night in Vernon was accepted at dinner time tonight. As long as or financing and other buyers financing go through we are in the clear.
VERNON BABY!!!!! I’m pretty much going to broke with this venture but will be shipped off to pipeline probably by sept.
Sept 16 vacancy / wife’s birthday, sept 18 possession/ my birthday. I kid you not!
What are the odds .
Huge congrats!

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 19:04 Quote
Ster: does the limp make you and official Knuckle Dragger?

James: congrats on the big move!

I miss running but can't anymore for now. I am just falling apart lately.

I am also currently in line to talk to the manager about this blatantly obvious series of defects.

I have ticket 78....... the now serving sign is at 4.

f*cking f*ckers.

I watched The Mitchells vs. the Machines tonight. I loved it. Laughed quite hard as it reminded me of our family.

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 19:06 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
What are the odds .
Awesome news! Saw parts of the pipeline on my trip to the island on the weekend, I can't imagine how many line locates that will need to be done.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.059430
Mobile Version of Website