looking for good wheelbuilder in Calgary...

PB Forum :: Canada - West
looking for good wheelbuilder in Calgary...
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 10:37 Quote
...either to true an out-of round rim, or most likely to lace a new rim onto my hub. Hub is a 150x12 if that matters...

thanks

edit: location within city doesn't matter too much

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 7:09 Quote
Graham at bike brothers in cochran is about the best

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 10:05 Quote
I'll second the recommendation for Graham at Bike Bros (out in Cochrane)...that man is a wizard. You may have a bit of trouble getting ahold of him in the next little while though; he's at interbike right now, and rumour has it that he's taking a couple of weeks vacation and doing some riding while he's in the area (according to Mike at Bike Bros).

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 17:28 Quote
thanks; never been in that shop, and i'm in no hurry to fix this wheel, so i can wait and talk to him in a few weeks

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 17:38 Quote
"Redneck" (Mike) at The Bike Shop. Really Cool dude makes great wheels.

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 9:58 Quote
Alan at Pedalhead calgary get your wheel built within the week

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 10:04 Quote
I've had Cam and Terry at Calgary Cycle build wheels for me in the past with out any issues. Those two have build a ton of hoops of the years.

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 8:56 Quote
brule wrote:
I've had Cam and Terry at Calgary Cycle build wheels for me in the past with out any issues. Those two have build a ton of hoops of the years.

yep, these guys definitely know there stuff, I'd recommend them as well.

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 21:47 Quote
egads! getting a rim built by anyone but graham at bike bros. is a travesty. even i can build a wheel for you....but graham is the last of the local builders who infuses love in every wheel.

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 12:26 Quote
Thanks all who posted. I took my wheel (and fork) into Graham yesterday for service. Very nice guy, and he has a cool shop. It's nice to see another Marin dealer around as well - I'm a big fan of Marin bikes, and really like the look of those new Quakes.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009840
Mobile Version of Website