The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 3:33 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
HardingO wrote:
Apologies if this isn't on topic, but was just wondering how much it'd cost to ship a bike from the US to the UK? A Tracer 275 to be specific..

Main problem is import tax, my mate got hit with £110 charge on a £350 frame from cali, think shipping was only £50 - £60

Only if it's brand new....
I send the money to my buddy in the states to order it, open it, use it once and then send as a gift.
No import tax!

You just need someone with a mailing address in the USA.

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 2:41 Quote
Anyone with riding time on schwalbes, the new bike came with 2.25 snakeskin evo nobby nics front and rear, just on a mooch through the local woods I noticed it a little skittery on the front when cornering on firmer ground, what can anyone recommend as a nice front schwalbe to match the NN on the rear? Its a meta 666, so long travel trail bike really, so low rolling resistance is a must, but id like high cornering grip if possible.

As noone gave me a proper answer to this, anyone?

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 4:25 Quote
oldmanDan wrote:
HardingO wrote:
Apologies if this isn't on topic, but was just wondering how much it'd cost to ship a bike from the US to the UK? A Tracer 275 to be specific..

Main problem is import tax, my mate got hit with £110 charge on a £350 frame from cali, think shipping was only £50 - £60

Only if it's brand new....
I send the money to my buddy in the states to order it, open it, use it once and then send as a gift.
No import tax!

You just need someone with a mailing address in the USA.

You can avoid the import tax by marking the value down, and shipping as a 'gift'. The only issue is potentially having no insurance. Thanks anyway!

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 10:04 Quote
Quick question, would a hope pro 2 evo 150 x 12 rear hub be compatible with my mondraker summum pro team 2013?
The Mondy has its own rear axle, just want to check this will be good before buying

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 12:25 Quote
ryansteele wrote:
Quick question, would a hope pro 2 evo 150 x 12 rear hub be compatible with my mondraker summum pro team 2013?
The Mondy has its own rear axle, just want to check this will be good before buying

If it's the same spacing and axle size then yea. if it doesn't You should be able to buy an adapter/conversion kit to fit your frame's axle.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 20:48 Quote
Not a question, but FYI Not Bad is on netflix now.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 21:17 Quote
Going to watch that now. Thank you haha

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 23:41 Quote
Not BAd is that bad

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 0:42 Quote
Anyone with riding time on schwalbes, the new bike came with 2.25 snakeskin evo nobby nics front and rear, just on a mooch through the local woods I noticed it a little skittery on the front when cornering on firmer ground, what can anyone recommend as a nice front schwalbe to match the NN on the rear? Its a meta 666, so long travel trail bike really, so low rolling resistance is a must, but id like high cornering grip if possible.

As noone gave me a proper answer to this, anyone?

Hans damph is your only option really.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 0:48 Quote
Yeah ive come to that conclusion, gonna grab one next week in the snakeskin evo 3c model. Cheers though Smile

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 14:36 Quote
Hey all, I am about to get some wheels but I got confused at the 135/142 rear hub part.

So my frame accepts 135mm (Voodoo Wanga) hub but what's the deal about 135/142mm? Would a 135/142mm hub fit in my frame? In other words: are they "transformable" or what?

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 14:56 Quote
Usually they're converted with different adapters.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 15:01 Quote
tomcrowther wrote:
Usually they're converted with different adapters.

So the hub is 135 by default but they ship adapters to make it 142?

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 15:04 Quote
You usually buy them separately, what hub is it?

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 15:14 Quote
tomcrowther wrote:
You usually buy them separately, what hub is it?

Easton Haven http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/easton-haven-mtb-wheelset/rp-prod113733

I love the looks, I would love to fit it in! =)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.087205
Mobile Version of Website