show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 9:59 Quote
kawkaw wrote:
THE-GUNT wrote:
photo

nice upgrade man. how are the shifts under pressure/uphill?a long term review would be good on these
Totally, I've been very curious about these myself. I would ASSUME they have that tech down to where it's fully functional and can handle anything cable systems do, but yeah I'd like to see how that performs long-term. Durability would be my concern.

Just curious too--is there ANY chance a rider, let's say, passing by or near by, shifts THEIR gears and effects YOURS?
I mean, I'd think that's an obvious question, but I'm sure that's probably not an issue.

~JSV

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 10:04 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Chain and cassette geometry is the same between mechanical and electronic. The shifting is no different, in essence, only the ergonomics and thumb feel. AXS offers nothing from a performance standpoint per say, it's just lighter and super neat.

Still waiting for mine to show up. Think I'm a few weeks out.
Can you shift through multiple gears at once? Meaning; when I'm in 10th gear for instance, I push my shifter (Eagle GX) through like 3 gears right down to 7th as I'm slowing down quickly or preparing to climb so the slow gear engages directly from the higher speed.

I figure that's an artifact of the CABLE itself pulling through tension to bypass a couple of gears. Just wonder if that works w/the wireless the same way.

That question make sense?

~JSV

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 10:20 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Chain and cassette geometry is the same between mechanical and electronic. The shifting is no different, in essence, only the ergonomics and thumb feel. AXS offers nothing from a performance standpoint per say, it's just lighter and super neat.

Still waiting for mine to show up. Think I'm a few weeks out.
Can you shift through multiple gears at once? Meaning; when I'm in 10th gear for instance, I push my shifter (Eagle GX) through like 3 gears right down to 7th as I'm slowing down quickly or preparing to climb so the slow gear engages directly from the higher speed.

I figure that's an artifact of the CABLE itself pulling through tension to bypass a couple of gears. Just wonder if that works w/the wireless the same way.

That question make sense?

~JSV

You can set it so that you can shift up OR down 2,3, or all gears by holding the paddle down. Its nice for short little climbs on a descent where you need to dump a few gears and then get back to your descending gear quickly rather than click thru 2-3 individual shifts

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 10:39 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
Just curious too--is there ANY chance a rider, let's say, passing by or near by, shifts THEIR gears and effects YOURS?
I mean, I'd think that's an obvious question, but I'm sure that's probably not an issue.

~JSV

The shifter is paired to the mech, so no chance whatsoever.

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 10:56 Quote
The shifter will allow you to set up how many shifts you want, as Bermuda said, as well as allowing for you to hold the button and move the chain during the duration of the hold. You cannot shift under any more load or you risk binding and harming your chain, just the same as mechanical. Treat it like a normal groupset under riding conditions, most of the electronic stuff comes into play when you aren't riding.

Also, as said, Sram literally made their own protocol code for AXS. It's yet to be hacked in a wireless manner, and cannot be paired to multiple units.

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 11:56 Quote
Well G-wiZ this ALL sounds awesome. I mean if it shifts a quick and with the same options as the cable, I don't see why this won't be the thing-0-the-future for MTB.

All it'll take of course is once they get the cost down and make it more affordable--what happens 'then' though is there'll be a bunch of cheap-choices that DON'T really work as good as these do. I was a bit skeptical at first, but I'm convinced that this is really a nice thing.

~JSV

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 13:51 Quote
Love my AXS! Never going back to cables. Ever.

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 16:08 Quote
^^^What he said!^^^

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 2:40 Quote
The only reason I've put analog on my big enduro is because of the mid-40s, german weekend ebike warrior that still takes the gondola up with his other mates, and believe brake pads should last as long as the frame. This kind of human specimen tends to just throw their bikes on whatever other poor bikes are in the gondola and other places.
All my other non-gondola bikes have AXS and freaking love it.

Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 4:47 Quote
The very 1st world problems Big Grin

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 3:04 Quote
The Nomad v4 is ok now Big Grin , ready to ride.

santacruz nomad v4 large

santacruz nomad v4 large

santacruz nomad v4 large

santacruz nomad v4 large

santacruz nomad v4 large

14.7kg in large size.

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 8:18 Quote
Niclestreeteur wrote:

santacruz nomad v4 large

14.7kg in large size.
!~W0W~!
That's one beautiful SC. You may know I've said many times how much I love SC frames.
Love that color so much, slick brake set-up, kashima dropper, one bad*ss bike AND just great to LOOK AT too!

Good for you man, love it. I'd pay $5 for a carnival ride on that...?

~JSV

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 8:47 Quote
Niclestreeteur wrote:

santacruz nomad v4 large

santacruz nomad v4 large

santacruz nomad v4 large

santacruz nomad v4 large

santacruz nomad v4 large

14.7kg in large size.

niiiice Nomad, i got exactly the same color and going mullet this weekend
photo

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 12:55 Quote
yeti85 wrote:
The only reason I've put analog on my big enduro is because of the mid-40s, german weekend ebike warrior that still takes the gondola up with his other mates, and believe brake pads should last as long as the frame. This kind of human specimen tends to just throw their bikes on whatever other poor bikes are in the gondola and other places.
All my other non-gondola bikes have AXS and freaking love it.
Yeah, that’s how Swiss sell them as intolerant and arrogant.

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 8:03 Quote
My 2021 Megatower S-kit in XXL with a pair of Hope V4's and a "Galaxy" sticker kit by Slik Graphics Smile

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.047472
Mobile Version of Website