show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: May 15, 2023 at 20:12 Quote
Gloss gypsum ftw. Bought a S kit on sale and basically stripped it. First santa cruz and MX.
photo

Posted: May 17, 2023 at 2:56 Quote
My Megatower V2

photo

Posted: May 17, 2023 at 3:46 Quote
nice, repaint ,or is it the trans blue one? which shock?

Posted: May 17, 2023 at 4:28 Quote
christiaan wrote:
nice, repaint ,or is it the trans blue one? which shock?

Its a anthracite repaint..i didn't like the nickel verry much. Shock is novya from novyparts

O+
Posted: May 17, 2023 at 18:52 Quote
devin-m wrote:
The Nomad in its final form for now:

Super Deluxe Coil ultimate
RaceFace Turbine wheels

Considering an O Chain or something else, bike is loud as hell in the chunk.

Otherwise super happy! Sitting at 37lbs with DD & cushcore.

photo
photo

I found my Bronson (V4) was pretty loud also. STFU chain did the trick. Works really really well!

Posted: May 17, 2023 at 19:05 Quote
Weird. My Nomad v4 and Megatower 2 were/are virtually silent.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2023 at 19:13 Quote
Yeah, make sure the clutch on that derailleur is engaged....

Posted: May 21, 2023 at 6:08 Quote
First SC I've ever had, also the bike I've been dreaming of for the longest time. Figured now was a good time, after 5 years of riding.

photo
my bike fr

Posted: May 21, 2023 at 7:19 Quote
fredro wrote:
Weird. My Nomad v4 and Megatower 2 were/are virtually silent.

I’ve noticed a lot more chain noise on my V4 Bronson than my older Nomad, which had a single STFU guide. Might have to get a set for the new bike.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2023 at 9:12 Quote
I think all the local SC folks are in agreement that the latest batch of bikes definitely exhibit more chain slap than the previous generations.
My MT2 is definitely noisier than my 2020 MT was as far as chain slap goes. I've managed to stick some extra mastic tape in places and reduce it, but it's still very much there.
Damn does the bike ride well though, night and day better feel than the previous gen.

Posted: May 21, 2023 at 16:24 Quote
averagerug wrote:
First SC I've ever had, also the bike I've been dreaming of for the longest time. Figured now was a good time, after 5 years of riding.

photo
my bike fr

Is this a MT2? I'm liking the color

Edit: just realized its a 5010. Sick build!

Posted: May 21, 2023 at 22:43 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
I think all the local SC folks are in agreement that the latest batch of bikes definitely exhibit more chain slap than the previous generations.
My MT2 is definitely noisier than my 2020 MT was as far as chain slap goes. I've managed to stick some extra mastic tape in places and reduce it, but it's still very much there.
Damn does the bike ride well though, night and day better feel than the previous gen.

With me it was just the other way around. 2019 MT was much louder with GX and GX AXS than now my MT2. Previously with Shimano XT and now Sram Transmission it is a very quiet bike. Drivetrain and also shock setup plays a big role whether a bike is loud or quiet i think

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029240
Mobile Version of Website