RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
Posted: Dec 3, 2017 at 10:18 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Mmmm is that like an anogreen colour?
Don’t wanna rate out of ten as everyone’s rides rock!

What you having problems with on the dropper front?
It's a standard green paint, nothing special unfortunately lol It takes a 30mm seatpost. Could shim a 27.2 dropper but 100mm of drop hardly seems worth the money. If anyone knows of a 27.2mm 160mm+ dropper, let me know! I imagine it'd be too weak.

Posted: Dec 3, 2017 at 10:22 Quote
fooby wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:

It's a standard green paint, nothing special unfortunately lol It takes a 30mm seatpost. Could shim a 27.2 dropper but 100mm of drop hardly seems worth the money. If anyone knows of a 27.2mm 160mm+ dropper, let me know! I imagine it'd be too weak.

Hmmm 30mm sounds weird!

Check out gravity droppers in your size of 27.2mm and last ages without maintenance according to loadsa riders on various forums. It’s the one with a rippled stantion cover.

Posted: Dec 3, 2017 at 10:40 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
fooby wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:

Hmmm 30mm sounds weird!

Check out gravity droppers in your size of 27.2mm and last ages without maintenance according to loadsa riders on various forums. It’s the one with a rippled stantion cover.
Cheers, will check them out. Only one I've found so far is Thompson with 125mm drop, but at £325, it's quarter the price of the bike.

Posted: Dec 3, 2017 at 10:45 Quote
fooby wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
fooby wrote:

Hmmm 30mm sounds weird!

Cheers, will check them out. Only one I've found so far is Thompson with 125mm drop, but at £325, it's quarter the price of the bike.

Yeahyh! Be pleasantly surprised iirc as the Gravity dropper will be much cheaper and wayyyy more reliable from what I’ve read especially if you are fit and forget type. Smile

Posted: Dec 3, 2017 at 12:34 Quote
fooby wrote:
mtbenthusiastsofutah wrote:
Don't really know what has gotten into this thread, but a few pages back I saw a Firebird? It's a beaut! 9/10

My Rocky Mtn. Element
9.5/10. Absolutely sick ride! Neaten up the cables and it would be perfect. What pedals are you planning to run?

Here's my Transition Bottlerocket, which I've built to be able to handle a bit of everything. The aim is cheap thrills. Sure it's not an amazing climber and it's impossible to get a dropper post that fits, but with the Float CTD and 11-46 cassette, I can hold my own with the modern bikes on the ups. Weight is 33lbs. Dirty is sexy.

Dirty Bottlerocket.
I don't want to be rude but do you own a hose?

Posted: Dec 3, 2017 at 13:31 Quote
The-mnt-life365 wrote:
fooby wrote:
Don't really know what has gotten into this thread, but a few pages back I saw a Firebird? It's a beaut! 9/10

My Rocky Mtn. Element
9.5/10. Absolutely sick ride! Neaten up the cables and it would be perfect. What pedals are you planning to run?

Here's my Transition Bottlerocket, which I've built to be able to handle a bit of everything. The aim is cheap thrills. Sure it's not an amazing climber and it's impossible to get a dropper post that fits, but with the Float CTD and 11-46 cassette, I can hold my own with the modern bikes on the ups. Weight is 33lbs. Dirty is sexy.

Dirty Bottlerocket.

Dunno, but I’m guessing he doesn’t own a butler to ride his bike neither Rolleyes

Posted: Dec 3, 2017 at 13:42 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
The-mnt-life365 wrote:
fooby wrote:

Dirty Bottlerocket.

Dunno, but I’m guessing he doesn’t own a butler to ride his bike neither Rolleyes
Hey hey hey, I went for a ride this morning and I haven't put chain lube on my bike in over 2 weeks... we all have our flaws

Posted: Dec 3, 2017 at 14:19 Quote
The-mnt-life365 wrote:
I genuinely don't lol It's a brush and water job for me. Drivetrain and suspension always gets cleaned and lubed after every ride, but it ain't gonna be shiny often.

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2017 at 15:15 Quote

My Rocky Mtn. Element

photo

Wow. I've got a soft spot for Rocky's and this one's particularly nice. Some serious rubber for an Element!

9.5/10... I find ENVE stems a little awkward looking... and the seat's down for a photo.

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2017 at 17:35 Quote
Quinn-39 wrote:

My Rocky Mtn. Element

photo

Wow. I've got a soft spot for Rocky's and this one's particularly nice. Some serious rubber for an Element!

9.5/10... I find ENVE stems a little awkward looking... and the seat's down for a photo.

Thanks man. I agree, Rocky's are some of the most underrated bikes out there. They are pretty incredible. As for the rubber, Utah's rocky terrain is brutal on XC tires and I prefer not to blow through tires. Plus, when I race I'll toss on some light Ardents/Ikon's and drop over a pound.

Hows this one for you? I go back and forth on whether or not I like bikes with the seat up or not.

Also, ENVE stems might not have the best looks, but man there are incredible when it comes to performance. So quiet and so stiff, love them.

photo

Posted: Dec 3, 2017 at 18:02 Quote
I could never justify the price of Enve stems. Even at my cost they're way overpriced compared to other carbon stems. And they're not even really that light.

Posted: Dec 3, 2017 at 18:07 Quote
but the performance is out of this world man!

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2017 at 18:11 Quote
seraph wrote:
I could never justify the price of Enve stems. Even at my cost they're way overpriced compared to other carbon stems. And they're not even really that light.

Try one. You might justify it.

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2017 at 18:13 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
but the performance is out of this world man!

Negativity is contagious man. Go somewhere else.

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2017 at 19:19 Quote
Quinn-39 wrote:

My Rocky Mtn. Element

photo

Thanks man. I agree, Rocky's are some of the most underrated bikes out there. They are pretty incredible. As for the rubber, Utah's rocky terrain is brutal on XC tires and I prefer not to blow through tires. Plus, when I race I'll toss on some light Ardents/Ikon's and drop over a pound.

Hows this one for you? I go back and forth on whether or not I like bikes with the seat up or not.

Also, ENVE stems might not have the best looks, but man there are incredible when it comes to performance. So quiet and so stiff, love them.

photo
please take Santa Cruz stickers off thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020678
Mobile Version of Website